The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   Sexual Health Issues (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   DSC or Private clinic (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=792051)

johnsmithzz1996 07-10-2020 11:06 AM

DSC or Private clinic

Anyone been to both before and wanna share some tips? like waiting time, cost etc? :)

Planning to go for my routine check up soon. Personally been visiting private, so no inputs on DSC, anyone can share?

IAmAwesome 07-10-2020 10:52 PM

Re: DSC or Private clinic

For DSC the cost is quite cheap, usually its below S$50 including consultation, waiting time can be about 2hrs, their wait timing and cost structure is similar to those of normal SG polyclinics

But these days you have to make an appointment before you go there as there is no walk in anymore, but do call them to confirm again

johnsmithzz1996 09-10-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmAwesome (Post 20256478)
For DSC the cost is quite cheap, usually its below S$50 including consultation, waiting time can be about 2hrs, their wait timing and cost structure is similar to those of normal SG polyclinics

But these days you have to make an appointment before you go there as there is no walk in anymore, but do call them to confirm again

Thanks bro! will try DSC for my next check up and update here :) so bros can get a better idea on which to go for.

TreeTrunks 14-10-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsmithzz1996 (Post 20259726)
will try DSC for my next check up

DSC has always been the best because when it comes to sex and STDs they are what i believe the gold standard

kurtis 15-10-2020 12:43 AM

if you are going to be open with your sexual health record, then go for DSC.

but you need to make appointment online.

Zeith 15-10-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtis (Post 20268943)

+10 fr exchange

Satos43 17-10-2020 06:55 PM

For HIV testing,

I would say the best places to go is AFA and DTAP for anonymous testing.

AFA is the cheapest for HIV testing but usually after office hours for clinic and mobile testing site.

If you doing 3rd generation test, the price difference usually not that much because DTAP charge 59 while AFA charge 32 but when it comes to 4th gen, the price difference is REALLY huge. AFA charge 42 for 4th gen while private clinics usually charge 150+.

My personal opinion is that DSC is good if you are on a budget and don't mind being open with your sexual record since it's not gonna be reported unless HIV but DTAP would provide better personalized care and expertise if you prefer at a higher cost.

B88Bs 18-10-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsmithzz1996 (Post 20255348)
Anyone been to both before and wanna share some tips? like waiting time, cost etc? :)

Planning to go for my routine check up soon. Personally been visiting private, so no inputs on DSC, anyone can share?

Been for both and I think both are comparable. Private (tried DTAP and some private men's clinics in the East) definitely has some benefits that you would want to try and weigh up against the increased costs.

1. Faster results - Fastest I had to wait was 3 days, DSC can take 2 weeks or longer). So if you are kancheong, can P4P, pay for peace
2. Privacy - less people in waiting area, handling of your documents, frosted glass, it looks like a regular clinic etc
3. Wider range of tests - not applicable as I leave it to the docs.
4. Slightly more personalised. I felt doctors asked more about my general health and sexual activity to see what tests are appropriate, while DSC is understandably more operational.

Hope info is helpful, can ask me more qns

kurtis 19-10-2020 04:01 PM

another 1 that I recommend is anteh.

it open till late, 7 days a week. especially good when you suddenly felt a urge to do a test during weekend or late hours.

last paid $100 for gen 4.

Asianguy 22-10-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtis (Post 20268943)

Can make appointment online but if you want earliest slot, call them. They can confirm on the spot instead of you checking for confirmation email

lanjiaoz11 23-10-2020 01:19 AM

DSC

-Generally focuses on the big 4: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, hiv and syphilis
-Test for herpes and hepatitis available but not recommended
-Trial and error approach towards treating NGU - Gram stain test to check for infection and/or gonorrhoea (if negative for gonorrhoea, just assume it's chlamydia)
-Chlamydia and gonorrhoea pcr test available
-Other common infection like mycoplasma, ureaplasma, trichomoniasis not tested (So if you happen to get any of these, might need to make repeated visits to change antibiotics course - hence trial and error approach which may be a waste of time)

Private

-More comprehensive urine test for infection and able to treat the infection effectively after diagnosis of infection

TLDR: For simple Hiv/syphilis test or hpv vaccination, going to DSC is a no brainer.

But for urine testing, private may be a better option albeit much more expensive

iljimae 26-10-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanjiaoz11 (Post 20283657)
DSC

-Generally focuses on the big 4: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, hiv and syphilis
-Test for herpes and hepatitis available but not recommended
-Trial and error approach towards treating NGU - Gram stain test to check for infection and/or gonorrhoea (if negative for gonorrhoea, just assume it's chlamydia)
-Chlamydia and gonorrhoea pcr test available
-Other common infection like mycoplasma, ureaplasma, trichomoniasis not tested (So if you happen to get any of these, might need to make repeated visits to change antibiotics course - hence trial and error approach which may be a waste of time)

Private

-More comprehensive urine test for infection and able to treat the infection effectively after diagnosis of infection

TLDR: For simple Hiv/syphilis test or hpv vaccination, going to DSC is a no brainer.

But for urine testing, private may be a better option albeit much more expensive

Bro, for simple HIV/STDs test like herpes/syphilis, where would you suggest. ?

jaex 26-10-2020 10:12 AM

Can any bro advise if DTAP is by appointment only, or are walk-ins available?

Satos43 26-10-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iljimae (Post 20288981)
Bro, for simple HIV/STDs test like herpes/syphilis, where would you suggest. ?

Are you worried about cost? If you are worried about cost, Action for aids/DSC is the cheapest. Action for aids offer rapid test for HIV and syphillis and total will be about 62-72 depending on the generation of test. DSC is subsidized by government so cost will be minimal.

If not worried about cost, go to DTAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaex (Post 20289030)
Can any bro advise if DTAP is by appointment only, or are walk-ins available?

Just walk in. I only been to the Robertson walk clinic though. Just walk in and say you want to see doctor. Then when you see doctor, just explain what you wish to test for.

When I went to get PEP at around 6PM, no other patients, no queue. Saw me almost instantly.

jaex 26-10-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satos43 (Post 20289434)
Just walk in. I only been to the Robertson walk clinic though. Just walk in and say you want to see doctor. Then when you see doctor, just explain what you wish to test for.

When I went to get PEP at around 6PM, no other patients, no queue. Saw me almost instantly.

Thanks! In the end I called ahead to DTAP Express and got a slot on the same day. Will write review in another thread