View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

The children's expenses will increase with time. I may also become ill and not be able to work, or lose my job. What if we need more money in the future than what the court has ordered?

It is possible to apply to vary (change) a maintenance order by asking for a higher sum for maintenance if circumstances or the children's needs change . As such, in dealing with maintenance matters, the court will generally consider the current needs of the children as well as those in the foreseeable future.

I did not claim maintenance for my children during the divorce. Can I now claim maintenance from my ex-spouse?

You may still claim maintenance for the children from the other parent even if you did not make a claim during the divorce proceedings, provided the court has not made any order stating that there shall be no maintenance for the children. You can file a Magistrate's Complaint, or alternatively, follow the procedure to make a claim for a variation of the order for ancillary matters (which is made in the course of divorce proceedings).

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here