View Single Post
Old 25-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 13
micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info Thread

DE BOTTLE (DB)
============
Batam Center, near EDEN Park
Close proximity to Kez's Resto
Taxi drivers know

Buffet Timing :

Buffet itself - 1800-2200hrs.
Free-flow beer (SanMiguel) - 1800-2000hrs (one of the shareholders is the importer of SanMig for Indonesia)

Buffet location : DB itself has 4 floors. Buffet is at the top 4th open-rooftop floor, and the very airy 5th floor. Nice views.

4th floor

Ambience : 4.5/5 (chillout, romantic dinner)
Food : 3/5 (buffet), 3.5/5 (ala carte)
Value : 3.7/5 (all-u-can-eat), 5/5 (all-u-can-whack-beer)

Conclusion : Very nice place to chill-out, or, a pre-empt to cheonging at discos. One of the best buffet spreads (does not mean one of the best tasting foods). Requires booking on Sat (crowded with people who later go pub/disco later and are already in the cheong mood from the beer). RP130K/pax (include all taxes) - super value for the beer-guzzlers. And if you have a very big appetite too - go for it.

Was preparing dinner mid-way thru at home, totally forgot about the scheduled electricity zone maintenance black-out at 1830hrs. Not knowing when the power be back on, we decided to go eat out.

Kez's was blacked-out (and later found out their generator wasn't sufficient as Kez didn't account for power requirements in their subsequent equipment upgrades/additions). But DB had power,

Ground floor is basically the pub with football TV. Will see the bule, hard-core drinkers, more affluent locals, and BPGs (Batam Party Girl). Having been to DB several times now, the BPGs... they really become CFM/slutty when they high from the drinks and mutual-flirting. (Major CAVEAT : looking CFM/slutty does not mean they absolutely are pretty to begin with ah!)

4th floor and the the "5th" floor is where the buffet is located.

Buffet spread was great, food was alright. But it's the free-flow beer, coupled with the nice ambiance, that draws people in.

Buffet dishes are prepared and cooked on the spot. And the spread changes 2-3 times per week, but always a mixture of local and BBQ cuisines. Dessert, ice-cream and fruits are nice.

My partner tried everything. I primarily had the big chunky ayam-goreng-bawang.

Ayam bawang + chilled beer + breeze blowing thru the body + nice ambiance = BLISS

I had 8 bottles last night ... + food .. RP130K.

ENJOY!

Ayam Bawang, Steak (steak is too tough for me though). So I just whack the ayam.

Last edited by micmac888; 25-07-2015 at 12:52 PM.