View Single Post
Old 13-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 19
juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!juswan2knwu is one of the Best!
Re: Vietnam - HCM ({NEW} since Thread 3 Close)

Quote:
Originally Posted by datou View Post
U hv high spending power good for u.
Don't bother what other people think or say as long u r happy spending your money.
I hv been named cheap charlie numerous times but i don't beg ,borrow or steal to monger.

Once i was sitting w my gf(now ex gf) outside a small shop eating pizza in angeles city, saw a ang moh w his girl passing by. Girl mumbled something to the ang moh, he stopped n said to: hello cheap charlie.
I was surprised as i don't know them likely girl work in bar that i visited.
Then i looked at my gf, we smiled n burst into laughter.
The two of them likely puzzled n left.
Our relationship lasted 6 years n still in contact.
Sorry abt the irrevelent fond memories.
True, thanks for the advice.

Our scenario are different where you needs to travel frequently and is well awarw of the marker rates, so it does not makes any sense to pay so much.

But, people like us, we do only a few trips per year and unsure of the market rate, so we sure kana carrot. No point quarreling and bargaining with the gals unless we are very sure we are offering the proper rates, else, ends up either no deal or we paid the same price with negative moods and poor services.

Son might as well pay the price if they refuse to budge after 5 minutes or so, afterall, I am on holiday to forget about work and destress.

However, I will certainly stand on my ground if its in a familiar place I know, like SG and JB.