Thread: Danang & Hoi An
View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 01:47 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 223 / Power: 17
duckking is a Helpful and Caring Samsterduckking is a Helpful and Caring Samsterduckking is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Danang & Hoi An

Danang is a terrible place to visit. Clean streets, beautiful beaches, nice mountains, everything they have, yes, but its a place designed to squeeze every bit out of tourists and dare I say, locals, alike. EVERYTHING is freaking expensive and nothing is value for money. Massage = 400k. That's 2-3 times what you pay in Bangkok. And its not even good. At this point I might add, whether you pay 200, 300 or 400k, its the same massage.

The Vietnamese, especially the young, loves Korean bbq. but its 500k-1m every meal. I don't know how they can afford it. Seafood I clock 1 m per meal. Its nothing special, simple roadside restaurant, crap service, waitress in slippers and waiters with attitude, rubbish bin beside you...its not candlelight dining experience. One crab - 750k - 850k - that's $50.

Nobody cares about the western backpackers now. They just lie down along the beach, stay in dorms and don't spend any money at all. The Koreans and Chinese however, are a conspicuous lot, and they really drive up prices there. For me, danang makes me tired (and Vietnam in general for that matter)