View Single Post
Old 29-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirly View Post
For awareness.
Anyone ever met a Singapore family on motor bike traveling opposite Farmosa Hotel asking for directions to Batam center?
Claimed passports stolen and need to go SG consultant in Batam center. No money to buy ferry tickets back home to Singapore.
Thank you for sharing.

I did not encountered this before but its always good to know such occurrence did happens and how to go about countering it.

For myself, i always have the Batam's Singapore Consulate details with me at all time while in Batam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milfmilf View Post
yeah, will check them out on first day. thanks!
My kind of food were usually at Bai Long Bak Chok noodles at the penuin wet market, which was mention on my signature.

Or the new favorite in the area were Kek Leng Wan Tan noodle behind Gideon Hotel coffee shop. Its actually pronounce as "Ji Long" in Chinese words.

New favorite dont mean this place is new but more of an old place in a coffee shop which i find the noodles were not bad.

And by the way, its only 20k rupiah per bowl.

My few favorites were still Bai Long (Penuin wet market), Bei Long (inside A2 food court), Meximo pub wan tan noodles (about 50 steps walk away from Meximo pub) and this Ji Long (coffee shop behind Gideon Hotel). All of them selling noodles and nearly all of them closes around 12pm.

So they are pretty good for breakfast and at a much lower price,hehehe... my type of food.

Just sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyLiveOnce View Post
The stall is closed every Monday, and on the first and fifteen of the Lunar month. The owner also takes regular breaks and holidays.
Hmm...come to think of it, i learned that many Chinese food stores that sells good food tends to close their shops on a Monday.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that they were selling pork? Hehehe...should have skip Monday trip to batam in future (if i choose pork stuffs).

Thank you for sharing the opening/closing days.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Last edited by nono1973; 30-07-2019 at 11:05 AM.