View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 10:14 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1548 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven78eric View Post
How much you will need to retire comfortably in Thai...?
one day you will need to use how much..
multiply by per year then multiply the number of years till you will be 65-70.
65-70 minus off your current age...this will be the number of years you need to multiply..make sure you have your medical insurance in thailand in your mind too..the amount pay for 10-15years , up to your capability..one shot pay finish also can if you have the cash..

for me..till 70 years old still have 20years.
so i set 1000thb per day, 1 month 30k and 1year is 360k and 20 years is 7.2mil
convert to 320k SGD
this amount is purely just for retirement...chill n relax...
i same plan as you.
Maybe 10 yrs younger than you.
I'm aiming for 1mil sgd. excluding cpf and 1st property. Also, my 1st property must be paid off by then.
Aiming to do it by another 15 years. By that time my employer (in my industry) probably dont want me old man drawing high salary also. Hope they can pay me something, i happily take the early retirement package. But not factoring this in.
From the 1mil, i plan to only make passive income from that and use it. I'm assuming investing in a 4% a yr return (safer one). so 40k sgd a year, 3.3k sgd income budget a mth. The 1mil and whatever, can be used for emergencies. After 55, take out spare cpf money. When my parents gone, i retired and permanently moved to thailand, rent out my hdb for extra passive income.

Its a long hard 15 yrs for me to cheong and save.