View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 289 / Power: 9
Humlea is one of the Best!Humlea is one of the Best!Humlea is one of the Best!
Re: Stuck in Thailand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaz View Post
im curious ar, ask you bro
do you have any thai friends outside of work to hang out drink or go ti kali?
Not really bro... the first year I did try to social a bit make a few thai friends but quite soon I find that they are just some "wine meat" friends out to look for free booze. Now I only have 3-4 friends which are all foreigners working in thailand which 2 are singaporeans. The only thai people I considered friends are my old neighbor that our kids study same school. They are the only ones I don't feel defensive about and contact regularly on weekends for kids to play together.

Example, happen just last month. A thai guy which regularly comes to my workplace to repair his BMW (My workplace just beside car workshop) came and tell me that I don't know how to manage thai workers. It's in the evening we are drinking some whiskey. We chat regularly but I don't consider we are close friends. He offered to manage the company for me and promise 2 million baht sales every month and ask for 100k salary. He say I don't even need to come to the office everyday... just sit back and watch him grill all the workers to work their asses off. I replied him, I pay 10% commission for freelancer. 2 million baht sales is already 200k. Why want to take 100k and manage the company for me? His reply is... NO NO NO... WE ARE FRIENDS... MONEY IS NOT IMPORTANT TO ME... I WANT TO HELP MY FRIEND.

KNN IMMEDIATELY MY HAIR STAND...I didn't even ask for help... Bro, you have no idea how many these kinda people waiting for their chance.