View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2995 / Power: 18
tomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

POLL: I GOT BLUE GOAL WRONG (KNN!!!)

Former Premiership referee Graham Poll has conceded he cost Everton victory in the Goodison derby of the 1999/2000 season.

The Blues had won the first encounter at Anfield 1-0 earlier in the season and seemed to have snatched victory in the return clash at Goodison in April that season when Liverpool goalkeeper Sander Westerveld inadvertently blasted a clearance against the back of Everton's Don Hutchison.

The ball rebounded into the net but Poll ruled the goal out controversially.

Having now retired, the official from Tring has conceded he should have allowed the goal that would have provided the Blues with their first Premiership double over their local rivals.

Poll said: "I made a right ricket in the last minute and disallowed what was probably a perfectly good goal. I tried to explain it away but when I watched it back I thought 'maybe I should have kept my mouth shut'."