View Single Post
Old 21-08-2021, 10:16 AM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4030 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marrying a single mom…

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpika View Post
Me and my wife don’t stay together(need to separate 3 years for uncontested divorce) so I move back to my parents place. (
if the terms of separation are agreed beforehand, including ancillary matters like custody, care and control of children and asset split then the 3 years can be backdated.

Ask your lawyer about this. If you do a search on my profile, you will see that I posted about this elsewhere in this forum.

The key points here, are that all matters relating to divorce has to be pre-agreed between both parties. You do not even need 2 lawyers, one will do and their function is to simply draw up the agreement and take care of the filings of the divorce in the Family Court. For such uncontested divorce cases, the lawyer never even shows up in chambers.

I did mine in 4 months, from start of filing to Decree Nisi, cost me a grand total of no more than $4000 (and that is already me paying for more than my fair share of the lawyer cost, because my ex wife took a few billable hours which I ended up paying for) and one visit to the lawyer's office which lasted exactly 15 minutes, to read and sign an agreement and to put in my cheque.