Thread: Vientiane,Laos
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 10:51 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 9
dearjohn deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guydearjohn deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Vientiane,Laos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyLiveOnce View Post
Hi Bro Kwaychup,
The money changer on the RHS of Talat Sao Shopping Centre, when facing Aung Sang Ave, gives very good rate for S$, more than 1.1M kip for 100S$. After Covid-19, only one shop is still operating there and it is next to the supermarket. I noted that Laotians preferred USD, you may even get close to 2 million kip for 100 USD. USD seems to be the currency of choice for rich Laotians.
As for ST and LT rates, it is between 300 to 600 kips depending on where you get your bookings. Better girls cost up to 1 million kips per night, still below 100S$. I have not used RMB so far and may investigate using it in my next trip to Lao but USD is still the best currency. Cheers.
I came back from Vientiane a couple of days ago, and am happy to report that the chicken farms near ASEAN road are still alive. I posted a pin on the location some time back in this thread, and it is the same location. I saw about 4-5 shops with about 6 girls each.

The craziest thing is that I was quote 400k kip overnight at this location. Holy shit. That's 35 sgd. Way cheaper than any other review here. I think the reason is that (1) I was staying in a nearby hotel and didn't even bother to get a cab/tuktuk/loca, and just walked over, so there wasn't a driver to take commission and (2) there was a light drizzle so possibly bad business. My experience may be special.

The only other thing to add is that there are a lot of shops in or around the Chinatown area. I counted at least 7 different shops. If you're not sure where they are, just walk around the Chinatown area in the night and someone will confirm give you a namecard. In my case I also made friends with one of the OKTs and when I didn't like his stock he brought me around on a motorcycle to see other locations. Prices are quite standard for the China MPs - 300rmb ST 500/600 LT - can bargain I think. The girls in the China MPs in my opinion give slightly better service, especially the ones who can speak some Chinese as they can understand what you are saying. A lot of them also have chinese boyfriends. I keep seeing them text their chinese boyfriends in between shots in my room