View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel Ops View Post
Its ok. Anyway, I heard that it is very expensive to get a Viet passport ? True ?
This is a YES and NO answer. it will depend on a few things:

(1) Is your gal from the HCM City or from the province? What i mean here is the household book.
(2) Is she in a hurry to get a passport?
(3) Have she had 3 passports already?

These few are important questions. If your gal is from the province and is in no hurry to get a passport, then she can just pay 200,000VND (around $20 SGD) and wait for a few months. A normal wait will be around 3 months, although the immigration office in the province always claimed that they can get it ready in 1 month.

If your gal is in a hurry to get a passport and has had passport done before, then she can get a passport if she is willing to pay a higher price. Prices range from US$80 to US$200, depending on how fast she wants it. My contact in HCM City immigration can get her passport as fast as 3 days

If your gal has already had 3 passports before and want the fourth passport, there's no way actually. But my contact in immigration can get it done for her, but price will be higher. Done it a few times for a few bros in the forum before. If any low ranking immigration officer says can do for you, forget it. Only high ranking immigration officer can do wonders