Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
hungryjack82 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: tested positive for Herpes and my wife is pregrant now

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniely4 View Post
bro, does your wife know about your infection?

If not, then try talking to her gynae/obstetrician in private about your concerns. He/she can start prophylaxis treatment.

The greatest risk is during birth, if your wife is infected or a carrier.
Neonatal herpes infection (HSV) are through the following, 85% occur during birth when the baby comes in contact with infected genital secretions in the birth canal, an estimated 5% are infected in utero, and approximately 10% of cases are acquired postnatally.

Thus it may be wise to do a caesarean. Neonatal HSV is severe and affects the central nervous system, eyes etc.

Although serious, please be comforted that infection can be prevented, so do not worry so much and enjoy preparing for fatherhood. But do let your wife's gynae/obstetrician know of the risk, even if you plan to keep this from your wife.

Hi bor,

really appreciated your advice... i'm planning to talk to my wife's obstetrician on this issue but i seriously doubt that he will collaborate with me, i mean keep this dirty secret while do the prophylaxis treatment.....

my last test that confirmed HSV1 positive was 3 months ago and my last contact with a FL was 6 months ago.... i still worry about getting other STD eventhough i always used CD during FJ. I went for another blood test few days back, the report will only out next week...

I'm so regret now and feel so bad for my wife....i shall never cheong again...

there's another bro here keep pm me asking the detail of herpes... to this bro, please go directly to doctor... it's hard to discribe and this thing can be turned out to be serious... so please go consult doctor..