Thread: Chiangmai
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 21
lucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cheonging in Chiang Mai

Quote:
Originally posted by Freestyler69
Thaton is a legal crossing, there's a bridge you walk across there's an arch in Myanmar side with soldiers guarding the area, those days, you throw them 1 pack of Marlboro cig will take you far , that bridge looks very typical vietnam war bridge kinda scene...

my CMU contacts long ago liao la.. cannot use liao.. sorry can't help much on that area .. but i think one needs a decent 2weeks to get any result in Chiangmai...my shortest trip there was 2 weeks and longest..1.5 months staying in remote Fang disctrict

Mekong river I've been there passing thru from Chiang mai to Vientiene in Laos.. very tiring journey and the road really is for horse riding only.. but now maybe change liao.. interesting but now I have so many commitment that I have limited time for travelling and backpacking... although my heart still yearns for those adventures..
Hi,
Good to know a fellow bro here that are adventurous. This is the first time that I had went for such a long trip up. It really open my eye out there. I really sick of the "rat race" in the Singapore coperate world. Hope to have of this trip in the near future. Right now, I am planning a Mekong river or China trip. Hope to more there for at least 2 months.

Could you tell me your life in Chiangmai and Fang district. Will like to go back to these 2 places soon.