View Single Post
Old 28-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6789 / Power: 17
naturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond reputenaturegreen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about HIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
Q. What is the likelihood of a person getting AIDS if he or she has sex with an infected person, in terms of percentage?

A. With unprotected sexual activity following 1 occasion of receptive anal intercourse the rate of infection is between 0.1% to 3%. Following receptive vaginal intercourse the rates of infection is 0.1% to 0.2%. Whereas for insertive vaginal intercourse rates of infection after one exposure are 0.03% to 0.09%. With multiple sexual exposure the risk of transmission is much higher. It is worse with multiple partners and those with HIV infection but untreated. With multiple sexual exposure the risk of transmission is much higher. It is worse with multiple partners and those with HIV infection.
I am truly enlightened! Initially I thought as long as one is infected with the HIV and have sex, his/her partner 100% will kena the HIV virus too. But I am so wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yceongster View Post
hi all, recently i had sex with a masseur in bangkok while in the middle of the intercourse my condom broke she told me that she went for check up every month and it's her 1st time experience breakage of condom too. i thrusted like 4-5times inside here before i noticed the condom is broken now i've this uncomfortable feeling, rashes in between both of my thigh, muscle ache and sore throat. haiizzz, im feeling terrible now keep having awful thoughts.... ARGHH. it was my 1st time chionging too. guess i've to wait for 1month and go for a check up.
Early HIV Symptoms or Acute Retroviral Syndrome are commonly missed by patients and doctors after a possible HIV exposure. The major symptoms will almost always occur in the first 2 to 4 weeks after infection. Remember that you can only become infected with HIV if you have had a high risk exposure. In sexual terms this means penetrative sex with an HIV infected person. You will not become HIV positive if the other person or persons are not HIV positive. Symptoms of early HIV infection include the major ones of:-
•Very high fever
•A very sore throat
•Whole body maculopapular rash (these three major symptoms/signs will almost always occur together in early HIV infection)

Other symptoms and signs are less suggestive of acute HIV infection and include•Muscles aches and pains
•Persistent headache
•Mouth ulcers and sores
•Abdominal pain
•Vomiting and Diarrhoea

All of these symptoms and signs are very general and may be symptoms of other conditions or infections. Remember that you can only become HIV positive if you have been exposed to HIV in the first place.

If you think there is a strong possibility that you have been exposed to and infected with HIV then an HIV test is the only way to be sure about this.