Thread: Betong update
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1047 / Power: 21
etct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud of
Re: Betong update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorOokami View Post
Since one tarzan had brought this thread up, I might as well add to the pool of knowledge. Maybe, later in the gene pool

Parking at the nearest point to the Malaysian border post: RM 8 per day (24 hours) or for any part thereof.

After parking your car, you need to take a taxi (many at the coffee pondok) which costs RM 10 per trip (a short distance over the hills) and the MY taxi could not go up to the MY border checkpoint.

For those without border passes, you need to stamp your MY passport before taking a Thai taxi to the other side of the border to the Thai immigration post. The Thai taxi will ferry you after clearance, to Betong town (around 10 km away) directly to your hotel (costs RM 20)

So, one way taxi trip: RM 30
2 way to-and-fro trip: RM 60

Costlier than Danok where you can walk across the border
The last time I remember, one of the guy parked the car there, came out battery flat couldn't start......... the alarm went off till battery flat. Later confirm in KL workshop that the car was tempered with.... so was parking safe????