Thread: Khmer Diary
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 454 / Power: 20
Faidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Khmer Diary

Padding The Bill

I mentioned in a previous post I caught a bar employee padding the bill when she thought we were too sloshed to notice, and she’s right too, us having countless mugs of draught, and having polished off a second bottle of, in my uneducated opinion, an awfully sweet Jagermeister, and attempting to do the same with a bottle of Tequila . If she had been a little more attentive she would have noticed I didn’t drink much.

Had she slipped the extra tab in with the regular orders, I probably wouldn’t have noticed it. But she did it in between orders. When I questioned her about it, there was an air of guilt about her and she squirmed uncomfortably. I told her not to do that again and let it passed.

I am sure it was done with the collusion of the management. The average customer here spends maybe like $20, and our final tab came up to $140, so you see the disparity. Were I the pub owner, I’d load the free spending customers with freebies to ensure their continued patronage.

But we had set ourselves up to be taken. We could have been more careful. Although not too expensive, it’s nevertheless a lesson learnt.