View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 530 / Power: 23
lament is a glorious beacon of lightlament is a glorious beacon of lightlament is a glorious beacon of lightlament is a glorious beacon of lightlament is a glorious beacon of lightlament is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingViet View Post
W
From my experience, i feel that having a vietnamese spouse is the best way to learn the Vietnamese culture. You can be going around vietnam all the time, but it still doesn't beat the experience you get from a vietnamese spouse. A vietnamese spouse will allow you to experience what is it like to stay with a vietnamese for a longer term, their thinking, their habits and most importantly, their family. You get the good, the bad and the nasty.

Staying in Vietnam for a period of time is also good for learning their culture.

No mattter what, we cannot be 100% vietnamese as we are not borned and bred there. We can only learn as we spend more time there.
Bro, your words hit th right spot.

I agreed that is the best way. Having work in the north and mostly hanging out with southerners gave me a good glimpse of the people.

Despite understanding them well, they also spring a surprise or two to the mix.

Basically, for those whom intend to marry a vb. the key is to know her family background as they will make or break your relationship more than your relationship with her. in all words, they are always fiercely loyal to their family.

Make sure your girl or her family are not gamblers, you will spend time clearing 1 debts after another......

this is the reason why I had few by my side till today.

Spreading my wings northwards