View Single Post
Old 21-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 381 / Power: 16
Tony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find betterTony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find betterTony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find betterTony Stark is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: NORTHERN EXPEDITION (a personal trip to China’s DongBei & Russian Far East)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekatulia View Post
One more thing to add is, based on my experience with the Russia Customs, at least for Blagoveshchensk and Khabarovsk, I personally think I am the first person holding a Singaporean passport to pass through via land/sea port route because the Custom Officers spent a hell lot of a time checking the authenticity of my passport. Or maybe they have not seen a Singaporean PP before and therefore decided to take some time studying it. The Custom Officer asked me a few other questions like what's my occupation and what am I doing there... etc.

Similarly from the China side in Heihe (黑河) and Fuyuan (扶远), the Chinese Custom Officer took great interest and caution in the immgration checks, especially that the Custom chop will state the entry point, which for me would have been entry via Macau / Zhuhai. The Custom Officer in FY even commented that I enter from almost the most southern part of China and exiting into Russian from the most northern part of China...

My overall comment about these 2 Russian town would be, I kinda like Blago.... better, even tho I find it quite a mouthful to pronouce it, and a hassle to even spell it properly. Khabarovsk gives me the feeling that it doesn't quite welcome tourist. Finally, I have verified for myself the rumours about Russians not fond of smiling and personally, I believe it is true.
Thumbs up for the add on info and adventurous spirit!