View Single Post
Old 16-10-2022, 07:27 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 813 / Power: 3
AnnieYJL is a splendid one to beholdAnnieYJL is a splendid one to beholdAnnieYJL is a splendid one to beholdAnnieYJL is a splendid one to beholdAnnieYJL is a splendid one to beholdAnnieYJL is a splendid one to beholdAnnieYJL is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dealing With Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamshakspear View Post
'Addiction' is often associated with drugs - harmful hallucinogen substances such as cannabis, opium, heroin, ecstasy, ice, etc. But in reality, addiction means simply a source of mental comfort for an individual to live life. Most, if not all Humans, are addicted as each does need a comfort zone to retreat to for mental well being, and MOST, need not rely on harmful drugs that are a source of danger to others & ESPECIALLY to oneself gifted with life.

My addiction is MILK. Each morning, once my eyes opened, I would hit the fridge for my daily intake, bought in cartons. If my fridge run dry, I would walk than to drive in my groggy state, to the nearest 7/11 store to buy it. Even though I take all kinds of drinks in the day or nite, I would not do the same, except for milk. Thus it is an 'addiction' that most would generalize the term. Milk does not harm or hurt anyone, available cheaply everywhere, but is beneficial, as it has calcium mineral, necessary for bones strength.

I once had co-habited with a nice local lady for a few years. Her 'addiction' is her bolster. Each nite she would hug her bolster, new or old, even after we made love. One nite, i decided to prank her - hide her bolster. She was in a state of shock I had never seen before when we went to bed that night. She searched the rooms in the house, upstairs, downstairs, kitchen, everywhere & when she could not find it, she came back into the bedroom crying real tears. I told her, rather insensitively perhaps the bolster had grown legs & fled, which resulted in her crying more.

I can & had faced worse dangers in life, but I could never remain indifferent to a woman's tears. I ran to the garage, took the hidden bolster from my car & gave it back to her. She immediately gave a cry of joy, with smile, tears, & sparkle in her eyes, hugged her bolster, like a precious gift, far more than the diamond necklaces I had given her before. It astounded me. We made love a few times that night, hugging each other after we washed up & easing into blissful sleep in each other arms, but next morning when I woke up, she was again still hugging that bolster.

Over a cup of milk at breakfast, she explained that she did not came from a well-to-do large family, & had experienced unfairness being the youngest in a traditional Asian family of cherished boys but unappreciated females as a girl at home & at being stereotyped as a female at school. The bolster was a source of comfort to her while growing up since as a mere child, giving her comfort & warmth, taking in her tears & sharing her joys as she drifted to needed sleep each nite. She told me not be jealous over material stuff as I was the one she loved, far more capable than a mere material issue can...

I never knew this side of her, as she was always an intelligent & tough as nails Human at work...

The point is - not all 'addictions' are bad. It is a source of comfort for each & every Human, a momentary comfort/relief zone to retreat to & think issues through thoroughly to move to the next step, BUT it must never ever hurt or harm another including oneself. The moment it does, then it is best to stop such 'addiction', before it harm oneself & others, & society as well...
Wow! Sounds so scary