View Single Post
Old 31-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
aiyo how to trust the infection figures...unless they test all residents...

daily count is only about 5 to 7k infections....just 0.05%...

currently only test those known infections contacts plus area....so lockdown the area...the rest up to individual to walk in to test centers...

current fatality rate is about 20 to 30 cases iper day in Vietnam...which still low...
in hcm they are in progress of testing all residents. 9m+ of them. some of my friends in hcm are even tested > once even without being sick.
The provinces surrounding hcm are subject to the same criteria. They are very strict with quarantine too. Once close contact with someone with covid (visited same shop with covid positive person on same day), all will be dragged into 21 day quarantine at quarantine centres. then subjected to repeated tests. Even tested all negative doesnt mean you can be released, continue to stay in quarantine. And even after 21 days with negative results doesnt mean you will automatically be released from quarantine. 1 of my friends stayed in quarantine centre for 28 days despite being tested 3 times and all negative.

other cities are self report tests. u sick u go hospital see doctor, they test u.

in countryside.... its another story. They dont test. Even if u sick, u go see doctor, they only give u "day quarantine". report to day quarantine centre at 7am everyday and rest in bunk. 5pm released to go home. Repeat till you recover.

you can see the numbers from asean countries. delta variant is unstoppable except for a hard lockdown where nobody can leave their homes at all.