View Single Post
Old 13-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1510 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: The Lonely Chiongster

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
I don’t buy the having kids to look after you in old age nonsense, but are you sure you want to grow old like that?

I get the no kids, but I’ve always felt that in old age if not family, one ought to have a partner, or friends to be with. Friends and/or partners can be like family too.

It sounds acceptable to you now, but are you sure you want to live like this for the rest of your life?
Maybe yes maybe no
But having kids for sure is not one of my priorities now.
Even if you have a kid, it doesnt mean you wont grow old lonely too.
Kids grow up, can dont support you
Kids grow up, can dont live with you. They can choose to disappear from you forever.
Kids are not an investment. You dont have kids just to hope for something in return when they grow up. Their financial support, their emotional support, etc. You'll never gain from this investment which will require so much in your life to support.
Maybe i might have kids 1 day. Maybe when i'm 60 and still able. But certainly wont want to have kids now or in the near future.

About partner. Yes i would love to have a partner. For company.... not to tie me down from my lifestyle.
So marriage would be unfair to the woman.
Then again..... whats the point of marriage?
Cant be together forever without any marriage involved?
Marriage nowadays, is pretty much an action in name only.
Unmarried can find other woman anytime
Married also can find other woman anytime
If both hearts are not along the same thinking.
So why marry?
Want to have a kid? Also dont need to marry. Just register as the kid's father.
illegitimate kid? how to be illegitimate when you dont even have any legitimate kids in the first place?
Inheritence to partner and kid when you're gone from this world? Make a will to handle that.