View Single Post
Old 31-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1058 / Power: 13
iluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud of
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqueMerlin View Post
Tips to more advantage on divorce.

1. Let your to be ex wife divorce because she 'wanted to start a new marriage with someone else'. Thus embark on a divorce only because she has found someone new whom she wants to move on to. It will be even better if she's already pregnant with the other man's child. This will shorten her leverage in the divorce due to higher stakes to lose.

2. Be adamant on your claims to assets. With point 1 above in place, she lacks the time and resource to waste on an acrimonious lengthy divorce battle. She will not hold on to the fight as vehemently.

3. Let your to be ex wife find the lawyer. Only the lawyer wins in your divorce. With you making a stand in point 2, she will have to pay more in the divorce procedures. Unless you are talking about millions, it is not worth the effort and resource to fight a divorce battle the money she gets back can't even break even in the short term.

4. Be willing to cut loss. Let go some to avoid maintenance. You can't win a divorce because the WC is very powerful. Try overriding a law casted in stone. The lucky ones that either had point 1 or point 3 in their favour will serve to create the impression that it's a fair game. You only have 1 shot. Miss it and you will be shackled for a long time with the maintenance bills from your ex wife. Remember you can go to jail if you can't pay.

All the best to all who are fighting a divorce.
No offense bro, but I don't agree, especially on the part about not finding lawyer, while it is true that lawyers make their money from your divorce (and you got to pay them whether you win or lose). They are still the professionals it is akin to seeing doctors when you are sick. You get a good lawyer, the process will be relatively easier.

On who to initiate the divorce, I would say it depends on the circumstances. If there is no 3rd party then what you posted don't work?

On advice of my lawyer (and relative) I initiated the divorce because I was told it was better since I have the initative, I can claim what I want and the other party have to defend. That is after we completed our planning and drafting.

My gf was waiting for me to divorce, I told her, give me 2 years max (lawyer's estimate after she attended the mediation sessions) so we were not in a hurry so we were not pressured. The result was I gotten my marriage disolved within 3 months of filing, and spent the next 6 months fighting over how to divide care & control of my child, matriamonial assets and her maintanence.

I guess your personal experience with the women's charter is not good, but as far as I know, what I experienced was pretty in-line with what many others go through (my relative told me, I have no reason to think otherwise). Hence I don't really think Women's Charter is pretty unfair.

In fact I have recommened 3 of my friends so far to my lawyer, it was a positive experience for them as well.