Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 02:17 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 163 / Power: 12
ticktack04 is a Helpful and Caring Samsterticktack04 is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsys View Post
If you are a Citizen, your wife will be considered for LTVP + automatically, if not, on your next renewal they will award LTVP +

As for the following statement,

Really feel can let in so many PR and workpass/work permit cannot let spouse come in longer.

well, PRs are in the same boat, if not worse, as Citizens, and spouse / children of PRs are not eligible for LTVP+ .. Plus rejection of Long term of PRs dependants is super high.. some even having been here for dozen years, cannot bring their spouse over except for short visits ..

And now extremely very few PRs are successful in getting their parents on LTVP, vs the ease of EP holders .. (unless the PR is a Malaysian)

In fact, the beneficiaries of the policy until recently was those on EP, could even bring in Parents, Parents in Law .. as they get the Dependant pass etc from MOM, not ICA. Spouses find it very easy to get a letter and start working in Subway, Macdonalds and all ..

And for PR, for your spouse, don't worry, it's just a process. As long as she has LTVP it is good .. unless you are planning to get her to work, hang in there .. at the most 3 years of LTVP for spouse of Citizen is a general yard stick to get her to be PR/Citizen
Thank you all for the kind words and advices. Guess there was a little frustration in me as well as i see fewer Singaporeans everywhere i go. There's so much differences between 10 years ago and now. That's off topic for now though.

So i guess this PR application should be down the drain then. Got to wait 3 years if that's the norm. She's not interested in giving up her Taiwan and Canadian nationality for ours so i suppose PR is the furthest we will go for her.

Again just want to express my thanks to the community here for advising me on this matter.