View Single Post
Old 31-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1132 / Power: 12
stfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud ofstfu2 has much to be proud of
Re: How badly financially ruined is life after divorce?

I myself am considering right now, but the property market is not good for tenants if you want to rent. I want to move out to a temporary place before I kickstart the process so we don’t see each other every day if things turn sour.

Even HDB master bedroom rentals are like 1500 in the north where property is cheaper, if you want to divorce and rent an entire unit until you can split property, you have to set aside 2500-3000 sgd per month for rental alone. It’s damn costly.

To give an example, my monthly mortgage is barely 1500 per month right now for a 5 room hdb flat.

I can’t buy another hdb, not possible without divorce, I can’t buy a condo without paying huge ABSD.

Not the divorce itself, but the consequences are very costly.