View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1355 / Power: 9
178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of178noobnoob has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_OrOcO_xxx View Post
If you have limited budget, you may consider Legal Aid Bureau (Ministry of Law) based on your financial situation. You may also first seek complimentary legal advice at LAB office (URA East Wing). Upon attaining legal advice, you may consider your options again. Once you have decided, you may then proceed to open an application at their office: need to go through Means Testing (income) and Merits Testing (whether you have reasonable grounds to be represented by LAB). The whole application can take up to 6 weeks for processing. Once approved, you will be represented by one of their in-house government lawyers (same standing with AGCs) or a private law firm (Assigned Solicitor). Upon conclusion of case, you will only need to pay up to SGD2000nett for entire case. Installment plans or application fo waiver are available, subject to approval. Most LAB cases are paid via installments.

If you wish to go via private law firms, you may consider some of the recommendations by other Samsters. Imho, the best divorce and/or family lawyers are from PKWA. And also, have to depend on your exact circumstances of your case.
Hope the above helps!
Hi bro, thanks for the update. Have gotten my friend to intro a lawyer already. Price wise consider okay. Hope everything goes well and i can get the custody of my kid.