View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 11:28 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 300 / Power: 10
Johnnyngai is one of the Best!Johnnyngai is one of the Best!Johnnyngai is one of the Best!Johnnyngai is one of the Best!
Re: Siem Reap (Cambodia) Experiences

I was in Siem Reap for the entire final week of Oct. and I found the followings :
Khmer Pub St. was alive and well. I walked the stretch at around 8pm twice and found the pubs and restaurants did have syts.
None of the workers solicited me for business; I guess they have orders from the authorities to keep Siem Reap as a world heritage tourist destination.
I didn’t try to buy anything because I know they will charge me at least 2X the local price.
Platinum Entertainment KTV looked expensive from across the street; not suitable for any low budget tourist.
On Khmer Pub Ln north of highway 6 “ not Khmer Pub St. “ near Pharmacy A Theara,
there were 3 nice looking massage parlors that seems to offer full service. I can’t afford to look inside.
There were a few 24 hour massage parlors, the hjs were given by 30+ year old women and the fee was 20usd. I wasn’t interested.
I didn’t like the food because they used cheap msg that left a tingling after taste on my tongue.
The bicycling on Charles De Gaulle leading to the stone temples is not difficult, but I am just too old and too weak.
Siem Reap is a typical tourist town that would charge tourist 2X the local price. Not suitable for low budget retirees.