Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 24 / Power: 0
sigueroa deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Circumcision: my experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
Hi,

Have you checked your blood sugar? These could be symptoms of Diabetes. If you are Diabetic you need to get that under control.

More likely, your symptoms are due to Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans (BXO). In which case you will need a circumcision. BXO will progress no matter what you do (strong steroid creams may delay the progression). The hardening might even spread to your urethra after which surgeries get really complicated. BXO also increases the risk of skin cancer.

So I have to say I agree with your Urologist. You need a circumcision. Send the skin for histological examination to determine if you truly have BXO or not.
Hi Dr Tan,

Thank you for your quick response I truly appreciate it.

I did not check if I am diabetic, but the last I did my full body checkup few months ago, I was okay.

I am not comfortable with the use of steroids, however in the meantime, are the steps I provided enough for the management of BXO? And what are the signs/symptoms I should take note before confirming that circumcision is necessary?

On histological examination, should I consult my urologist to do so?

Honestly speaking, I know it seems like the solution points to circumcision, but I was really hoping to see how I can best manage and control it first. Also due to my work commitment, the earliest I can do the surgery is early March.

Thank you so much Dr.