View Single Post
Old 18-08-2021, 03:49 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2144 / Power: 17
BushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond reputeBushTracker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marrying a single mom…

Lots of brothers (or sisters?) given good advice here. . I am in the same situation as TS. So let me share my views.

Firstly, what is your relationship with your gf? Have you guys discuss the path forward? what are both of you looking for? Does the needs align?

Then there is the relationship with the kid(s). How old are they? have you met them and are you comfortable with them and vice versa? Do you love them like you love your gf? I think this will be one of the biggest challenge you will face. Why do I say that? If you do not love them, when they compete for your gf's time, you are going to be unhappy. And make no mistake, after you are together with your gf, whether cohabitate or marry, you will be playing second string until they grow up. Are you prepared for that? Also you will be expected to chip in in their care and upbringing. I mean that is the deal being with a single mom.

As for your parents, ultimately it is your happiness and your decision. They will accept the gf and the kids after a while.

Like someone else suggested, why not stay together for a while to see how it goes.

One more thing... I thought uncontested divorce can be settled in 3 months?

Anyway, all the best in whatever decision you make.