Old 16-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 28 / Power: 0
laguy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Sky River Spa: Open or Closed?

This past Saturday at around 4 pm, I had a curious experience regarding Sky River. I should mention upfront this was to be my first visit.

I went to the front door and rang the buzzer a couple of times. Someone came to the door and without opening it said "we are closed." I could see through a crack in the door, however, the lights were on including what may have been colored lights leading up a staircase (hard to know for sure as there was only limited vision through the door crack).

A minute or two later a friend of mine went to the door and rang the buzzer and got the same response. So we decided to leave.

However, as we took our first steps away from the Spa, a van arrived and three reasonably attractive girls (out of perhaps ten or more in the van) stepped out. They went into the adjacent shopping mall (Fahrenheit 88?) and we decided to follow them to see where they were going since it seemed something was up. They went up two short flights of escalators to the ground floor and then opened a door and turned left into what I will call a mall service alley ("alley" but it was indoors). We continued following them and about halfway down the alley they opened a door leading in the direction of the spa. We asked them if they were going into the spa and if so, whether it was open, and they said yes to both questions and told us to go to the front door and ring the buzzer, which we had already done to no success. During this exchange a man, who looked like a customer but could have been an employee, went into the side door the girls also went into.

The question is whether Sky River is feeling the heat and will only let in customers they already know,and perhaps only through a back entrance. In this regard, I note that someone posted here a few weeks ago, or maybe it was on another forum, they also were unable to get into the spa. And from what I have read Sky River now requires a password to enter their website. Finally, within the last week or so an underground video showing the interior of the spa was removed from youtube, which may also reflect the Spa's attempts to lower their visibility.

So, if anyone out there has recent information about Sky River Spa and whether it is becoming restrictive in who it admits, whether temporarily or perhaps as a matter of longer-term policy, please share. I would like to try it on a later visit to KL, but will only bother if I can avoid a similar experience to that I experienced last Saturday.