Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 428 / Power: 19
ahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Pattaya

Quiet true , the hotel situation is a little funny as this is thai business model. As rooms in pattaya are plenty and varies from dirt cheap to 1st class , there is always a surplus so dont be surprise if you book at a 'special' rate but reach there to find out walk in 'special offer' is cheaper.

There are always rooms available even on hot dates like New Year or Songkran although it will be a little more difficult to find. I've stayed above a pub for 300B years ago during Songkran and the last time (June 07) I walked past it , it was still this price!

Scheduled bus is definately cheaper but if you have heavier luggage like golf clubs , dont bother. Too lay-chay

The scheduled bus leaves Ekamai (just down Ekamai Skytrain) bus station in Bangkok every half hour (?) or 15mins and will drop you off at Pattaya bus station in 2 or 2 & half hours. Only about 110B. This is my favorite coz cheapest and most convinient ; no need to book in advance.

Its better if you know pattaya first before you take this bus or have a lot of time to burn in case of cockups.

From there , a baht bus will take you anywhere in Beach Road for about 50B. Dont hire the whole one for yourself. Wait for the bus to fill up coz the whole bus will cost more and they will treat you as a carrot head.