View Single Post
Old 22-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 13
localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Just like almost 2 years ago,i mention about Formosa may be closing down becos the plot of land in its area including Lucky Plaza,Center point were bought over by some developers. I am not the owner of these lands,nor am i the developers. Information i received were from the tenants of Center Point ,Lucky plaza and perhaps some friends. So the ultimate decision lies with developers and the people involved the whole project. And i have no part in its decision.

The latest i heard,they are building the new residence building behind Formosa Hotel,and later merge it with the hotel itself. My guess is,they are likely going to turn Formosa Hotel into something like Formosa Hotel and Residence (i read it from some news).
Hi Nono, it has been a long time never visit Batam. Thank you for opening this new batam thread and provided a lot of useful & up to date information that has benefited many brothers here.

I am curious so I actually called Formosa hotel to find out about the on going construction building behind Formosa. The staff answer and I was told that the building will be an apartment/condomium build to be sold. The owner/developer of the new building is the owner of Formosa hotel who is a Taiwanese. He further commented that the new building will not be link to formosa hotel.

One more thing he mention about the membership is free without any deadline. He also mentioned that Formosa is having its repainting of the façade of the building to give a new look.

Therefore I guess unlikely Formosa hotel will be closed in the near future as the hotel have already spent some money on the repainting as well as upgraded some of its hotel rooms, toilets, VIP massage room,restaurant. Its business is growing and earning good money from kings massage, alisan KTV, hotel rooms and the restaurants and unlikely the boss wants to give up the business.

Lucky plaza has also a large pool of customers with good business but the building seems to look abit rundown and therefore there may be a possibility that it will be taken over.

As for centrepoint, there is a high chance that it will be bought over by new developers since it has been vacant.