View Single Post
Old 15-04-2021, 03:04 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20960 / Power: 25
max_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone knows when will be the exact time that GL will be open again?

As mentioned in my earlier post, Geylang is still earmarked for “residential & commercial” purposes. I fear that gov will ultimately convert the whole of the red light district for residential purposes. There is no better time than now for the gov to do so. My fear is not unfounded ...

For instance nearby along Lorong 28 Geylang, there is a freehold La Brisa condo, which has 84 units if I could remember.

In recent years, a number of such properties have been bought over by real estate developers to build boutique-size condos. I understand that approval was given for property developer Macly Group to redevelop the five terraced houses it acquired into NoMa. The plot ratio of 2.8 is allowed for a residential development on the site. The condo, which is at the fringe of the red-light district in Geylang is targets for completion in 2023.

Many of the shops in GL have already been rented out to foreign workers.

Nonetheless I sincerely hope what I envisage above is absolutely wrong!

My Personal FR Thread: