Old 03-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 160 / Power: 19
Huzige is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHuzige is a Helpful and Caring Samster
ADF’s EXPEDITIONS & MUSINGS

Almost a decade ago, I managed to convince a couple of bros who have been frequenting Thailand to visit China for a change. I suspected they didn’t quite believe some of the “wild” stories I’ve been telling them. Indeed, I’ve been spending Christmas-New Year breaks in the mudder-country for many years before that, with friends asking “WTF” even though commie China was allowing some limited church services during Christmas. But of course, I was there to select my own Christmas pressies, or more correctly pussies. In the end, many photos of pretty mei-meis convinced them they should come check the place themselves just before the count-down to another new year. First stop was Shenzhen and they were impressed by the BBS areas at Xiangxicun向西村, ShaZui沙咀 & Futian福田, as well as FLs hanging out near SunShine Hotel阳光酒店 and other areas, not forgetting the friendly footie gals, etc etc… and they had so much fun that it took a bit of effort to convince them to get their asses on the train to visit CP.

We checked into Lions Hotel (雄狮) which at that time was one of the better hotels in CP, as well as for its central location, even though the area where Miraton is located was then pitch black at night. I remember the receptionists at the hotel have never seen a Singaporean passport, and they could not read the information on the passports. And for days, the mei-meis at the BBSs, KTVs, footie joints kept asking what language we were talking in. We jokingly told them we are speaking “bird language鸟话” from “Niao (Bird)鸟国 “ in Africa. Another brother joined us on a subsequent trip, and that’s when ADF (African Dysfunctional Family) came into being. Many mummies were amused by a family cheonging in CP together, especially my “son” (ErZi儿子EZ) and my “godson (GanErZi干儿子GEZ) being the focus of attention – we told them, where we came from, family that bonks together stayed together. Some older mummies still call me “LaoDie老爹LT” and how time flies!

Looking back, the “family” sure has lots of fun. It was the early days of CP, before the massive influx of tourists (and “spoiling” the market), when the best BBSs were found behind the little factory in MuLun (木伦), and Amazon (亚马孙@凡尔赛) was the KTV to go, with its shows and flower street – and photos were allowed! We also introduced the place to many other bros, including “Uncle” Sinoview, and as they said, the rest was history! Regrettably, we can only now reminisce about the “good old days!”

The family has also visited many places beyond CP over the years, including ZMT樟木头, HL横沥, DL大朗, SL石龙, HM虎门, HJ厚街 & CA长安 nearby, ZH珠海, ZS中山, NKS南昆个山, QY清远, DS淡水, CJ陈江 & HZ惠州 not too far away, and many other places; some of which we have written “private” FRs that we distributed to other “relatives” but also submitted some to the old Delphi Forum (our Hainan trip, visited before Sanya became so commercialized, expensive and rip-off), as well as in SBF for our expeditions to the north (http://sammyboy.rocks/showthread.php?t=141699) and to the south (http://sammyboy.rocks/show...php?t=164899); paiseh, just realized we never quite completed our write-ups for these trips.

To prepare the “celebration” for our 10th anniversary, EZ & I decided to start a new thread so that we can just share some info and our thoughts on our recent and future trips. Hopefully, they can help bros to prepare for venturing out of CP, as they complain about its increasing “commercialization,” as well as the effects of recent YDs.