View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 09:41 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1198 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4108 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do MLs ask for your marital status?

Many PRC ladies are married but in their own view, the moment they come to Singapore, they are a single lady with freedom. Husband back in PRC gets freedom to act like a single guy too. They can even get a bf in SG while they are working her. They tell us they are divorced because few will believe they were never married. They tell people they are divorced because they don't want us to judge them.. why is a married lady still doing all these stuff?

I recently spoke to a PRC lady who married a Singaporean guy after meeting him twice in China. She said she is not a mail order bride when she married him at 23 years old. To them 20 to 23 years old is a time to think about marriage. If she had not married her Singaporean husband, her family will start arranging for match-making.

So when they ask us for marital status, it is normally a question with no deeper meaning. because marital status to them has no deeper meaning too.