Old 13-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 23
perrymason32 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about HIV

Thanks, but no lah. You deserve more credit for not just creating this thread but putting together all the information on it too. (Actually, a lot of questions don't need to be asked, a lot of fears would be allayed—if only folks would just read the info you put on the first few pages of this thread.)

And no lah, it's just that I went through a six-period of psychological horror—fear gripping me to near psychosis—of sheer worry that I kena this evil virus. And so 1) I spent a lot of time asking a hundred and one questions of every doctor and AfA counselor I saw during my frequent trips to see them, 2) days and weeks of trawling the Web for the latest research (damn painful, this) on symptomatic readings and misreadings on infections (by the way, that's useless, cuz ultimately only the ELISA Gen3 can clear you, no matter the symptoms or the PCR (quantitative and qualitative variety included) 3) and months and months with only drugs to get me to sleep, so I have serious empathy for the worriers among us.

Been cheonging for four years, but this last episode was really bad, and I didn't know, still don't know, why. It's true what one counselor told me: When the fear grips you, it really grips you. And no matter how rational you are, and how well you know that the probability can even be negligible—when the fear's got in you, and wrenching your gut, it just won't let go.

I'm glad I'm out of it. Thinking about working with AfA, but damn clumsy with my hands, so may not be able to help with doing the tests on people...
How about you?

Anyway, have a good weekend, bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
well said bro perrymason32.. u know something.. of all the points i have giving out.. i think u deserved it most.. there is something which i was wondering though.... do you work for them or in the medical field of work??? and thanks for keeping this thread alive...Cheers!