View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20960 / Power: 25
max_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond reputemax_priest has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone knows when will be the exact time that GL will be open again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by style.whist View Post
ME, pray tell ...
Just finished 3 zoom meetings today (i.e. 2 overseas + 1 local) ... very hectic indeed. I feel these international zooming can’t beat meeting face to face especially with clients. Anyway .... Here you go, my friend ...

When Ex GL OKT Lorna first started in GL, she paid her WLs from 2062 & 1651 a mere $72 for every $150 charged against the punters. Her excuse was, she has pumped in a lot of monies to renovate her two shops and hence wanted the WLs to bear certain amount of financial responsibility. She got buy-in from most of the first batch WLs but certainly not the later batches. The WL turnover therefore from the two shops was pretty high. Lorna doesn’t care as she also get a cut of what the agent/middlemen charged the WL. The WL were oblivious to their OKT having a share of the fee. The agent/middlemen fee can be pretty high (ranging from S$4-8k per WL). Some retired WLs became an agent/middlemen of the OKT because of the lucrative fee. A number of WLs from a particular batch were pretty unhappy with the $72 per session compensation and hence, they feigned illness almost every day. They would moonlight at Peace centre KTV on a FL basis and charged patrons there $150-200 per pop. Their action was too obvious .... Lorna and her men caught them red handed and had them repatriated (with the blessing of AV) back to China.

Thereafter, Lorna eventually raised the compensation to $80 probably after being chided by AV. By the way, OKT Tommy paid his WL $75 per session at one time but eventually raised it to $80 to be in line with other shops.

If you noticed some shops in the past sometime closed for a week or more for no obvious reason was because they likely had done something wrong. AV slapped them with temporary suspension if it wasn’t serious enough to warrant a revocation of the license. For instance, W02 was suspended for a couple of weeks because their WLs were caught for soliciting clients via wechat.

That’s all for now,
MaXx

My Personal FR Thread: