The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 21-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8176 / Power: 22
Glen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chelsea FC - Supporters' Rally

Mourinho exit could spark exodus

Chelsea could face a fight to keep hold of several of their best players after the departure of Jose Mourinho.

Reports are rife that many of the club's highest profile players now want to follow him out of Chelsea.

Defender Ricardo Carvalho said: "It is a very sad day for me and the team. I had a big offer from Real Madrid but I stayed at Chelsea because of Mourinho."

And summer signing Florent Malouda added: "I joined Chelsea because of my first meeting with Mourinho."

Several reports claim striker Didier Drogba is "furious and upset" at the parting of the ways between Chelsea and their charismatic Portuguese coach.

AC Milan are admirers of the Ivory Coast striker and would happily finance a move to take him to the San Siro.

Drogba, 29, was Chelsea's top scorer with 33 goals last season.

Reports elsewhere claim Michael Essien and Paulo Ferreira, both brought to Chelsea by Mourinho, may also be mulling over whether to stay at the club.

A huge question mark will also hang over the future of England midfield man Frank Lampard, who has already put talks on a new contract on hold and was regarded as one of Mourinho's most trusted lieutenants in the dressing room.

Lampard has long been linked with a move to Spain with either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

P.S: List Of UPPEES is not in full due to the capacity limitation of the signature function (not be longer than 300 characters excluding BB Code markup). Rest assured I've all ur nicks n u'll be awarded. If I do missed u, kindly PM me.

Appreciate the PM, Bro David_Ginola, Bro Rw6828, Bro Myo_Swee and Bro XboxSG!

Bro/Sis Who Left Their Nicks Requesting To Be Awarded In Return, I'm More Than Delighted; Contributing My Points Of Praises To U.

List Of UPPEES: Lokmachaudog, whitebull, 7ofHearts..... Who's Next?

Pm Me Ur Latest Posting: Philip888

Old 21-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Samster

Glen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond repute

Mass exodus looming? Boy I'm not suprised on that one..... besides exodus first struck on the backroom staff of Chelsea.

Mourinho's backroom staff have left the club, including assistant managers Baltemar Brito and Rui Faria.

Head opposition scout Andre Villas and goalkeeping coach Silvino Louro have also departed Stamford Bridge.

P.S: List Of UPPEES is not in full due to the capacity limitation of the signature function (not be longer than 300 characters excluding BB Code markup). Rest assured I've all ur nicks n u'll be awarded. If I do missed u, kindly PM me.

Bro/Sis Who Left Their Nicks Requesting To Be Awarded In Return, I'm More Than Delighted; Contributing My Points Of Praises To U.

Old 21-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 554 / Power: 20
CKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWNY View Post
I don't think winning titles or trophies entitles anyone to keep their job safe. There can be many reasons to sack a manager. Even the Special One said it himself -

"...So I know all about the ups and downs of football, I know that one day I will be sacked. ..." ~ Jose Mourinho
JWNY
True - Roman and JM have always had a love-hate relationship...just that winning titles, especially the Champions League last season would have extended JM's stay in the long-term or at least the Premiership would have prolonged the relationship in the middle-term.

If the boss wants to get rid of someone, he doesn't need to give a rational reason.
Old 21-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 943 / Power: 20
JWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKee View Post
True - Roman and JM have always had a love-hate relationship...just that winning titles, especially the Champions League last season would have extended JM's stay in the long-term or at least the Premiership would have prolonged the relationship in the middle-term.

If the boss wants to get rid of someone, he doesn't need to give a rational reason.
We give Grant some time while we find a suitable replacement, he has to be as big as Mourinho, if not bigger - we don't want people signing for us because of money - we want them to sign because they want to win! A winner like Jose...a winner like...(whotever it will be)

JWNY

drink Coke...save water
Old 21-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Samster

Drogba tears after Jose hug

Didier Drogba is used to reducing opposition defences to quivering wrecks.

But yesterday morning it was the 6ft-plus powerhouse who broke down in tears after Jose Mourinho hugged him like a son.

The changing room at Chelsea’s Cobham training HQ is usually a hub of noise and banter on any given morning.

Drogba will often try to hog the stereo system to play his rap music while the players get changed and warm up for their daily session.

This time, though, the only sound was silence.

Mourinho had told two of his team he would drop by just after 10 o’clock and collect his belongings before going to say goodbye to ‘his family.’

Nobody was late and barely a word was said as they waited for him.

Some of the younger lads got changed as usual but quickly realised this would be no ordinary day at the club.

A couple of the senior players remembered the day Claudio Ranieri made the same journey to the old training ground.

They recalled the sickness in their stomach at the knowledge they were losing someone they loved and respected.

Chelsea has changed almost unrecognisably since Roman Abramovich fired Ranieri. The way the players feel about Mourinho is also incomparable.

When he stepped into the dressing room almost every player was by his usual change station.

Two or three tried to greet him but his body language said that he would do the talking.

Without any fuss or ceremony, the former Chelsea manager moved towards one side of the room to speak to the players.

Brazil star Juliano Belletti was one of the first.

In Portuguese, Mourinho spoke warmly of his performances since he signed for Chelsea and wished the defender luck.

Alex, his countryman, was next and was given similar treatment.

One by one, Mourinho moved around the rectangular room — speaking to each of the players and thanking them for their work while he was boss.

With some — like Petr Cech and Ricardo Carvalho — he put his hands on their face and reminded them of shared glory ... the first title, last season’s FA Cup...

Mourinho told them how proud he was of what they had achieved and asked that they pass on his best wishes to their wives and children.

Others were not treated with such kindness. Andriy Shevchenko was offered a handshake which, according to one member of staff, could have “frozen a mug of tea.”

And then came Didi. The big Ivory Coast striker smiled at his boss but there was nothing in his look to suggest this was a time for happiness.

Mourinho put his hands on the player’s arms and spoke a little louder, as if he wanted some people to hear his words.

“You are one of the best strikers in the world and you have made yourself into one of the best players,” Mourinho told him. “I am very proud of you, Didi — and you should be proud of yourself.

“You have worked hard and you are a winner. Always remember you are a winner.”

Mourinho then put his arms around the hitman and hugged him like a departing father.

As he moved on, Drogba failed to keep himself together and broke down in tears.

Mourinho continued his circuit but only repeated the kind of praise he had for the striker when he embraced Frank Lampard.

And so he left the room and picked up a few personal belongings he had collected from his office — including a photo of his two children with their pet dog.

Once again, there was silence save for Florent Malouda — who had put his arm around Drogba to comfort him.

Chief executive Peter Kenyon had the unenviable task of following Mourinho in to address the players. Kenyon informed them that Avram Grant would become general manager and Steve Clarke first-team coach.

He began to try and explain the past couple of days but quickly realised his audience were not interested in who was replacing their leader.

Their loyalty to Mourinho — unlike Chelsea’s — was never in question. To his players, he will always be Special.

Old 21-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Samster

Drogba: I'm off as well

Didier Drogba has vowed to follow Jose Mourinho out of Chelsea.

Friends say the Ivory Coast striker, 29, is “furious and upset” after Mourinho’s sacking.

Drogba was in tears as Mourinho said goodbye to the players yesterday and is now prepared to ask for a transfer.

A pal said: “Didier is absolutely furious with Chelsea and cannot believe they would sack Mourinho like this.

"He looked on Jose as his mentor and does not know that he can achieve his best form for Chelsea under another coach.

“It will take a few weeks yet before he’s fit to play but it’s a matter of when and not if that he’ll leave the club.”

Drogba was Blues’ top scorer last term with 33 goals.

AC Milan monitored his situation in the summer and would be prepared to pay £25million if he became available.

And there could be yet more trouble for Chelsea as Drogba’s close friend Michael Essien is also upset by the week’s events.

On top of that, Frank Lampard — Mourinho’s most trusted on-field general — has just 21 months left on his current contract.

Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira could be two more to leave the club.

Mourinho broke his silence last night on Portuguese TV.

He said: “I’ll take my time and relax after what happened.

“I’ve worked hard the last few years. I’m not going to rush into a new job.”

Old 21-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Samster

What made him so Special

Geremi has lifted the lid on the unique bond the departed Jose Mourinho enjoyed with his devoted Chelsea team.

And the Cameroon star, who spent four years at Stamford Bridge and won two titles under Mourinho, insists the Special One would “put his arm in the fire to defend his players.”

Geremi quit Blues for Newcastle in the summer but, despite Mourinho often being publicly at odds with big names like Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack, he is adamant the former Chelsea boss was a players’ man.

And the defender — now skipper at St James’ Park — said: “The great thing about Mourinho was he cared about his players a lot and always fought for them."

“He shared good and bad emotions with us. He would put his arm in the fire to defend his players.”

Geremi added: “His going was a big shock to me. No one was expecting it, especially at this time of the season."

“After all the speculation that he might go over the last couple of seasons, I thought it was finished. I didn’t think he would be going."

“He was determined and was starting the new season with new ambition."

“He put his whole heart into Chelsea. He loved the club and you could see it on his face at every game."

“He hurt every time Chelsea lost. You could see how he reacted whether someone was offside, there was a free-kick against us or a goal in our net.
He could not hide his feelings. They were very real because we were like his family."

“I’m not saying I was always happy with him because I would be lying. I wanted to play every week but it wasn’t a personal thing, it was about sport."

“It is very difficult to keep everyone happy in a squad like Chelsea’s."

“Those who play will like him and those who don’t will not — that is life. But he always told players the truth even if they did not like what they heard."

“He was honest with you and you could be honest with him. That is why he got respect.”

Mourinho’s emotions often bubbled up to exploding point and Geremi believes he never got over Chelsea’s Champions League semi-final defeat against Liverpool 2½ years ago.

Mourinho was adamant Luis Garcia’s winner at Anfield did not cross the line.

Geremi said: “Jose found it difficult to accept. It was a great opportunity for us but Liverpool went on to win the trophy."

“We were all thinking it should have been Chelsea who lifted the trophy, but you have to put it out of your mind otherwise it comes back to you all the time and it has a bad effect on you.”

But although Mourinho was an emotional character, he never let it show in training.

And whenever there were bust-ups with owner Roman Abramovich, the manager never transmitted his concerns to the players.

Geremi added: “I used to read newspapers and listen to the radio and TV and wonder if they were talking about the same club."

“Jose never changed. He was the same person whatever was going on behind the scenes."

“And when Mr Abramovich came into the dressing room he didn’t really speak because he didn’t know the language. So he would just shake hands with the players — you could not read very much into his behaviour.”

Geremi admitted Mourinho had a “massive impact” on Chelsea — but insists the Portuguese coach’s true worth will only become clear in seasons to come.

He said: “It’s like when you lose a friend. You maybe only appreciate how much they meant a few years on."

“We cannot judge the new people in charge yet, they will be judged by comparison. It will be difficult for them because the level Mourinho left is so high."

“To forget Jose, the people who have come in have to do better."

“If he leaves this country though, English football is going to miss him. He was a special one.”

Old 21-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Samster

Goodbye to the Special One

Distraught Chelsea fans sang the praises of ex boss Jose Mourinho last night — and blamed owner Roman Abramovich for his departure.

Diehard supporters gathered outside the London club’s Stamford Bridge ground to salute the “Special One”.

Around 100 chanted his name and unfurled a 50ft banner that declared: “Jose Mourinho Simply The Best.”

Fans spoke of their sadness as they hoped to get one final glimpse of the 44-year-old — who returned to the ground yesterday afternoon.

Nick Slater, 23, from West London, said: “It’s a total disaster for the club and for Jose. We loved him and now he’s gone.

“Abramovich has more money than sense. In one stroke he’s ruined everything that has made Chelsea great.”

Season ticket holder Michael Biniaz, 24, declared: “I’m devastated. I sit in the Matthew Harding end and we all love Jose. I think the man’s a genius.”

Life-long supporter Adrian White, 46, from Burgess Hill, Sussex, said: “We’ve lost a great character — someone who has brought the club two titles and all because of a simmering feud between him and Abramovich.

“I can’t see him leaving the English game and God preserve us if he joins Spurs. It would be too much to stand.”

Francisco Joaqim, 56, said: “Jose Mourinho was a great manager. Since he joined we’ve never lost a home game. All the fans loved him. As a Portuguese fan I’m proud of what he did.”

Jamie Preston, 16, said: “He was the best manager I’ve ever seen. He came in and won two titles straight away. I don’t think Abramovich understands football.” Fan Sharonita Claire, 34, walked past the ground with her dog called Chelsea draped in a club scarf.

She said: “I was in tears. It’s not good that Jose has gone.”

Christine Craig, 40, who lives close to the ground, said: “Mourinho was the only bit of glamour left in Chelsea.

“He was so gorgeous, all the women love him. He’ll be a hard act to follow and I can’t think of anyone who could do what he did for the club.”

Fans sorrow over Mourinho turned to anger when his successor as boss was announced.

Some chanted: “Avram Grant, you’re having a laugh”.

Other chants included: “F*** off Abramovich, we want our Chelsea back,” and “Sack the board” to the tune of Here We Go.

Grant was spotted being driven in a side gate at around 6.30pm.

The supporters packed up their banner after three hours and left Stamford Bridge without getting a glimpse of Mourinho — who left quietly via a side exit.

Last night celebrity Chelsea fans added their voices to the tributes. Madness singer Suggs declared his beloved club was now “fatherless”.

The Virgin Radio presenter was woken up a phone call from fellow DJ Christian O’Connell and told of the news.

Suggs said: “Who knows what the future holds? The Special One has gone. We’re all orphans down at the Bridge now.

“We’re living on a prayer. Jose did a fantastic job for us and we’ll never forget all the trophies he brought to the club.”

England rugby World Cup winner Lawrence Dallaglio said: “You have to ask what more a guy needs to deliver than titles and FA Cups when he’s only been there for three years.

“Sadly, I predict Mourinho will have more success in the future than possibly Chelsea will.”

Golfer Colin Montgomerie — a Leeds fan — has formed a close affinity for Chelsea since moving into a flat near their ground.

He said: “Mourinho was great for Chelsea and great for football. Chelsea’s loss will definitely be another club’s gain.”

Old 21-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Samster

Avram: I'm The Guv'nor

Chelsea stars were stunned when it was revealed Avram Grant is taking over as manager permanently.

Blues’ director of football was widely thought to be only be a temporary appointment while the club went searching for a high-profile name to replace Jose Mourinho.

But Peter Kenyon told the squad at training yesterday that former Israel coach Grant, 52, is their new boss with Steve Clarke as his No 2.

A member of the backroom staff said: “Everyone expected Grant would be caretaker — but no one thought he would get the job full time.

“When Kenyon finished the players were confused and asked each other if it was really happening and Grant was the new manager.”

Chelsea released a statement insisting the appointments are right for the club.

It said: “Chelsea’s long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and the appointment of Avram Grant and Steve Clarke is aimed at continuing to achieve those goals.”

Long-serving Clarke is well-respected and liked by players and staff at Stamford Bridge.

Grant has yet to make an impression since arriving in July — although his appointment is sure to be good news for Andriy Shevchenko.

Mourinho was told the Ukrainian was one of the reasons behind his sacking.

Roman Abramovich and Mourinho rowed about Sheva being axed last season. And the issue was reignited by the manager’s dismissive comments after Sheva played in this week’s draws against Blackburn and Rosenborg.

The striker was seen in deep conversation with Red Rom talking tactics after Tuesday’s Champions League clash.

Grant’s appointment is being hailed in his homeland.

Like Mourinho, he never played top-level football but worked his way up as a successful club coach with Hapoel Petah Tikva, Maccabi Tel Aviv and Maccabi Haifa before taking charge of the national side.

Ran Ben-Shimon — boss of Israeli League club Hapoel Kiryat Shmona — said: “Avram becoming Chelsea coach is the same as Neil Armstrong landing on the moon.”

Grant was Portsmouth’s director of football before quitting in the summer to join Chelsea.

He is also close pals with Sven Goran Eriksson.

The Manchester City boss said: “He knows everything about the Premier League — I think he went to as many games as I did while I was the England boss.”

Old 21-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Samster

New Blues Boss Can't See Team

New Chelsea manager Avram Grant will not work with his players until a few hours before Sunday’s showdown with Man U — because of his religious beliefs.

Devoutly Jewish Grant will respect the Yom Kippur holiday which signifies their Day of Atonement.

It starts at sundown tonight and ends at sundown tomorrow.

Jewish people are prohibited from working or even eating and washing during those hours.

That means Grant will not talk tactics with his players until Sunday morning, just hours before kick-off at Old Trafford. Assistant Steve Clarke will take training between now and then.

Grant said: “I do not work on Yom Kippur, my beliefs are important to me.”

While boss of Israel, Grant refused to travel to a vital match between the Republic of Ireland and Switzerland during Yom Kippur.

The result had a direct effect on his side’s chances of qualifying for the 2006 World Cup.

Old 21-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Samster

PRE-MATCH BRIEFING: MANCHESTER UNITED V CHELSEA

At the end of a momentous week comes a momentous match. Club historian Rick Glanvill and statistician Paul Dutton look forward to the latest meeting of last season's top two and cup finalists.

Rick begins with the change in the manager's hot seat.

Ahead of this, the biggest match of the season so far, we bid a fond farewell to José Mourinho, the most successful and charismatic manager in Chelsea's 102-year history.

The Special One brought six trophies to Stamford Bridge in three years: two Premier League titles, one FA Cup, two League Cups and a Community Shield. The outstanding performance of his teams since August 2004 reads: played 185, won 124, drawn 40, lost 21, goals for 330, and against 119. We remained unbeaten in the league at home throughout.

However, results in the first six league games of this season were the second worst since 2000 (the worst being 2001), after which Gianluca Vialli was removed having managed one win, three draws and two defeats.

The irony is that Sunday 23 September will be the anniversary of the day seven years ago when Vialli's successor - and Mourinho's predecessor - Claudio Ranieri took charge of his first match. That too was at Old Trafford, meaning that our three most recent bosses will all have made their bows against Manchester Utd.

Little-known Ranieri wasn't the most obvious or popular choice to succeed the well-liked Vialli, whose name rang out around the Bridge long after he moved on. Upset as people were, hindsight showed that it might have been better to give the new man a chance and see what he could do.

Following sixth, sixth and fourth-place finishes, the Italian eventually managed the second-best league ranking in our history - runner-up in 2004 - and a return to the Champions League. He laid the foundations for the Special One's immense success.

Avram Grant will need strong support because José Mourinho is such a tough act to follow.

The Portuguese departed the club having lost against Sir Alex Ferguson just once in 12 matches (two for Porto, 10 for Chelsea), plus the drawn Community Shield match, lost on penalties in August.

When we won stylishly in the Carling Cup at Old Trafford in January 2005, José became the first manager to outwit Ferguson in a domestic cup semi-final over the Scot's long career.

But Chelsea rarely has a nightmare at the Theatre of Dreams: no Premier League team has won more times than our four there. That ability extends way back beyond 1993/4.

Between September 1965 and April 1986, for example, we were unbeaten in 13 consecutive league matches there. We just seem to enjoy ourselves at Old Trafford - and we won our first ever FA Cup there in 1970.

The baton on Chelsea's record-breaking unbeaten home league run now passes to Grant, but we can say that José's Premier League record in his time at the Bridge just shades that of Ferguson at Old Trafford over the same period. Where José's teams have played 60, won 46, drew 14, lost none, 123 goals, 28 against, making 152 points, Ferguson's have played 60, won 42, drew 14, lost four, goals 116, against 32, and gained 140 points.

There are hearts and minds to be won on Sunday, of course, because the team and its spirit are so closely identified with the departed manager. Managers and players come and go, but the club and its fans are bonded forever.

José and his backroom staff will always be immortal figures in our story, but there are hugely valuable points to be fought for to get our season back on track. Football goes on.

United has endured a similarly stuttering start in terms of performance but, as we have had to do sometimes in recent years, edged their last four games with a single goal. They have yet to score more than once this season, and their last three league goals have all come in the last 25 minutes. In contrast, and especially to last season's last-gasp heroics, Chelsea has yet to score in the last 25 minutes of any game this season.

Analysis of United's problem with goals has focused on the unavailability of their strikers. Ole Gunnar Solkskjaer has retired, while Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha have been injured - both of whom featured in the win at Sporting Lisbon in midweek.

Yet the absence through suspension of their star player last season, Cristiano Ronaldo, has robbed them of much ammunition. Poor Carlos Tevez has started the campaign as fitfully as he did for West Ham last time out.

Chelsea's scattergun shooting in recent games missed by Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard could be eased by the return of the slick, tall Peruvian Claudio Pizarro after injury.

Of course, we have no idea what Avram Grant has noted while observing the team in his few months with Chelsea. He may decide upon a different system and personnel.

Of the two previous managerial debutants playing United, Ranieri drew a seesaw game 3-3 and Mourinho won a tight encounter 1-0. Will goal-shyness and tactics produce a deadlock, or will the players put on a show as a mark of respect? There's always an extra charge in the air when our sides meet, and this Sunday will be no different.

Old 21-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Samster

PRE-MATCH BRIEFING: MANCHESTER UNITED V CHELSEA END

MAN UNITED V CHELSEA - Paul Dutton with the Old Trafford-related facts and figures.

Manchester United have played 46 Barclays Premier League matches since losing by more than one goal. Stamford Bridge was the venue for their last time, when we secured our back-to-back title in April 2006 with a resounding 3-0 win.

The Red Devils have won their last four games by the odd goal since the defeat by the same score at the City of Manchester stadium in August.

In 15 Premier League matches at Old Trafford both Chelsea and United have won four each and there have been seven draws scoring 21 and conceding 20.

Our last victory there was in May 2005 10 days after securing the Premier League title at Bolton. Ruud van Nistelrooy opened the scoring, Tiago equalised with an outstanding 30 yarder followed by an Eidur Gudjohnsen chip and a Joe Cole tap-in for a comfortable three points.

United last beat us at Old Trafford in November the same year when a looped header from Darren Fletcher ended our club record 40 league match unbeaten run.

Claudio Ranieri made his bow as Chelsea manager in 2000 at Old Trafford. The date of that match was the same - September 23. The result in 2000 was a thrilling 3-3 draw in which Ranieri made clever tactical changes.

The teams were:

Man Utd (4-4-2) Van der Gouw; Irwin (Brown 80), G Neville, Johnsen, Silvestre; Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs; Sheringham (c) (Butt 71), Cole (Solskjaer 80).

Chelsea (4-4-2) Cudicini; Panucci, Leboeuf, Desailly, Le Saux (c); Flo, Morris, Di Matteo, Harley (Melchiot h/t); Hasselbaink (Bogarde 86), Zola (Dalla Bona 83).

Scorers Hasselbaink (7), Scholes (13), Sheringham (36), Beckham (38), Flo (45), Flo (69).

Our Premier League record at Old Trafford in full is as follows:

1992/93 Man Utd won 3-0
1993/94 Chelsea won 1-0
1994/95 Drew 0-0
1995/96 Drew 1-1
1996/97 Chelsea won 2-1
1997/98 Drew 2-2
1998/99 Drew 1-1
1999/00 Man Utd won 3-2
2000/01 Drew 3-3
2001/02 Chelsea won 3-0
2002/03 Man Utd won 2-1
2003/04 Drew 1-1
2004/05 Chelsea won 3-1
2005/06 Man Utd won 1-0
2006/07 Drew 1-1

It is nine matches since Utd scored, or conceded, more than one goal in a game - the 4-2 victory at Goodison Park against Everton in April.

United have won the Premier League on nine occasions: 1992/93, 1993/94, 1995/96, 1996/97, 1998/99, 1999/2000, 2000/01, 2002/03 and 2006/07 and have 16 top flight victories in all, two behind Liverpool's record of 18.

United's last six games

Aug 15 Portsmouth (a) D 1-1
Aug 19 Man City (a) L 0-1
Aug 26 Tottenham (h) W 1-0
Sep 1 Sunderland (h) W 1-0
Sep 15 Everton (a) W 1-0
Sep 19 Sporting Lisbon (UCL) (a) W 1-0

Nemanja Vidic's late near-post header from Nani's corner gave Manchester United victory in a tight encounter with Everton at Goodison Park last weekend. Their team was: (4-4-2) Van der Sar; Brown, Ferdinand (c), Vidic, Silvestre (Nani 41, Pique 85); Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Evra; Giggs (Saha 63), Tevez.

Manchester Utd's four league goals have come from Nani, Louis Saha, Paul Scholes and Nemanja Vidic. Only Reading with three goals have scored fewer this season.

Frank Lampard three and one each from Drogba, Essien, Malouda and Pizarro are our Premier League scorers.

Brown, Evra, Ferdinand, Scholes, Van der Sar and Vidic have started all six Premier League games. Only Cech, Ashley Cole and Wright-Phillips have for Chelsea.

For Wednesday night's Champions League clash with Sporting, Alex Ferguson brought in Nani for the injured Silvestre with Evra moving to left back and the return of Rooney saw Tevez relegated to the bench. Team: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand (c), Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Giggs (Anderson 76), Ronaldo (Tevez 86), Rooney (Saha 72). Ronaldo headed the winner just after the hour against his former club.

United's top league scorers last season were Cristiano Ronaldo with 17 and Wayne Rooney 14.

United spent heavily in the summer and had three major departures:

IN Owen Hargeaves (Bayern Munich), £16.8m rising to £20.2m, Anderson (Porto), £8m rising to £20.4m, Nani (Sporting Lisbon), £8m rising to £17.3m, Tomasz Kuszczak West Brom) undisclosed, Carlos Tevez (West Ham) two year loan.

OUT Kieran Richardson (Sunderland) £5.5m, Alan Smith (Newcastle) £6m, Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid) £8m.

Chelsea dropped to fifth in the Premier League after last weekend's games with 11 points from six games. Arsenal are top with 13 points, Man City moved up to second with 12, Man Utd (third) and Liverpool (fourth) are on 11 but have a better goal difference than us. Arsenal and Liverpool have a game in hand.

John Mikel Obi, if selected, will make his 50th appearance for the club.

There are no suspensions on either side.

The match referee is Mike Dean who was in charge for our win at Reading in August when the home side's Kalifa Cisse was sent-off.

Chelsea's overall record against Manchester United in all competitions is: played 148, won 40, drawn 44, lost 64

Head-to-head in the league at Old Trafford: played 65, won 17, drawn 23, lost 25

LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Barclays Premiership, Sunday November 26, 2006 at Old Trafford.

Man United (4-4-2): Van der Sar; Neville (c), Ferdinand, Vidic, Heinze; Ronaldo (Fletcher 85), Carrick, Scholes, Giggs; Rooney, Saha (O'Shea 85).

Booked Carrick

Scorer Sahar (28)

Chelsea (4-1-2-1-2): Cudicini; Geremi (Robben h-t), Carvalho, Terry (c), A Cole; Makelele; Essien, Lampard; Ballack (Ferreira 90+2); Shevchenko (J Cole 74), Drogba.

Booked Makelele, Drogba, A Cole

Scorer Carvalho (68)

Referee Howard Webb.

Crowd 75,948.

Frank Lampard played his 200th Premiership game in a Chelsea shirt. The Blues remain three points behind United.

Old 21-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 376 / Power: 22
Peter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find better

In anticipation of a likely mass exodus of players, including Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho, Ferreira, Essien and Malouda, I think Alam Shah & Co. should get ready as Roman might replace the entire Chelsea team wholesale.

BTW, why is Terry not speaking for Mourinho ?
Old 21-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Samster

CKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWNY View Post
We give Grant some time while we find a suitable replacement, he has to be as big as Mourinho, if not bigger - we don't want people signing for us because of money - we want them to sign because they want to win! A winner like Jose...a winner like...(whotever it will be)
JWNY
To use the old cliche, Mr Grant has a tough act to follow. He has to galvanise the troops and to merely win is not good enuf. Chelsea must win in stylo - mylo fashion and play damn attractive football, the stadium has to be filled to the brim. Roman must be sibeh pek chek after spending more than a quarter of a billion pounds on players, the payroll is probably the GDP of 5 African countries, attracting a pitiful crowd in a Champions League game and drawing a 2nd rate team, someone must take the brunt of his pek-chekness - JM. Grant will just warm the seat and if he doesn't start playing winning fashionable football, give him till end of the year - sacking him will be Roman's Christmas present.

JM won....and still lost...
Old 21-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_North View Post
In anticipation of a likely mass exodus of players, including Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho, Ferreira, Essien and Malouda, I think Alam Shah & Co. should get ready as Roman might replace the entire Chelsea team wholesale.

BTW, why is Terry not speaking for Mourinho ?
Understand that Terry was blamed for Rosenborg's goal and insisted on playing despite being injured. If Chelsea had won, Terry would have been the poster boy of aggression and resolve to win. The spin doctors would have gone into overdrive and hailed Terry's heroics. But this did not turn out right? So JM blame him for being hero lah!
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1