The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

View Poll Results: Will Fabio Capello be successful for the England post
His many titles in Italy & Spain speaker volumns of his capability. 3 42.86%
He is to defensive minded. 2 28.57%
He will not last long,as he cannot deliver. 0 0%
He is there just to show that a foreigner is good for the England jib. 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ro2012&cc=4716

Redknapp in frame for England

FA acting chief executive Alex Horne has said Harry Redknapp will be a strong contender 2 replace Fabio Capello as England manager when the Italian leaves his post.

Capello is due 2 depart as England boss following the conclusion of the country's Euro 2012 campaign & the FA had previously stated a preference 4 an English manager 2 be his replacement.

While Horne insists a foreign coach - who would become the 3rd in England's history following Capello & Sven-Goran Eriksson - could yet secure the job, he has hinted tat Redknapp is a leading contender aft enjoying success in Europe with Tottenham tis season.

"Harry Redknapp is a great manager," Horne told the BBC. "Tottenham r playing great football & 2 qualify well 4 the Champions League fr a position of being 4th fav in the group is huge testimony 2 tat. I would expect Harry 2 make a long list. It may not be a very long long list.

"He's [Capello] there till 2012 which gives me 18, 19 months 2 prepare 4 tat process. It is not a policy decision tat they would be English. It is an absolute preference 4 certain individuals. It is not yet a board decision.

"We thought abt tis long & hard when we got Fabio Capello. We got the right man 4 the job & tat is what we will do again. It is not a policy decision tat they will definitely be English. I will be finalising the selection process criteria during the 1st few mths of next year 4 internal discussion."
Old 30-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Samster

joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...praise?cc=4716

Wilshere plays down Capello praise

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere says he is only concentrating on learning his trade with the Gunners aft being told by Fabio Capello tat he is "the future" of the England national side.

Capello bestowed the honour on Wilshere, 19, on Friday when revealing he would start the midfielder in England's friendly against Denmark on February 9. Wilshere has 1 England cap, hving made a brief cameo against Hungary in August.

While he is proud 2 hv been identified as a potential leading player by his international manager, Wilshere says his priority is continuing his education under Arsene Wenger.

"It is nice 2 hear, but @ my age, I'm 19, I'm trying 2 push on with my career," Wilshere told ESPN. "I'm always learning in training & @ tis stage in my career it's important tat I take things in & learn, & take every game as it comes."

Capello said tat Wilshere will screen the back 4, in a similar role 2 the 1 he plays 4 Arsenal alongside Alex Song. While Capello said the teenager was more technically gifted than former Chelsea star Claude Makelele, who came 2 define the position, Wilshere is not comparing his own performances 2 those of former greats.

"It would be an honour 2 play 4 my country, if I k, in any position I'd love 2 play 4 my country," Wilshere said. "I'm a midfielder & it's important 2 hv the defensive side & attacking side.

"I'd like 2 be myself. Obviously it's great 2 be compared 2 players like Liam Brady & Claude Makelele - I've never been compared 2 Claude Makelele, tat's a bit different - but it's great, I watched them as I was younger & they r great players. But @ the end of the day I'd like 2 be myself."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...kelele?cc=4716

Capello: Wilshere is England's future

Fabio Capello has labelled Jack Wilshere the "future" of England as he prepares 2 use the Arsenal starlet in the 'Makelele role' on a permanent basis.

England manager Capello will start Wilshere in the friendly with Denmark on February 9 with a view 2 making him the long-term 1st-choice in the midfield holding position he has failed 2 fill since Owen Hargreaves' career was stunted by injury.

Wilshere, 19, had a short substitute appearance against Hungary in August, but he will be on fr the start in Copenhagen as Capello looks 2 free up Steven Gerrard 2 push forward. ManC's Gareth Barry has not shone in tis role, making it a problematic 1 in ManU midfielder Hargreaves' long-term absence.

"Hargreaves played tis position very, very well every game,'' Capello told the Daily Telegraph. "But aft the knee problem, he was never back. I put diff players in there but they'd never played in tis position. Barry with Aston Villa nvr played tis position. He started 2 play there only with me [& now with ManC]. But I saw Wilshere play every game in tis position.''

Capello sees Wilshere taking on a role which Claude Makelele, currently with Paris St Germain, filled 4 France, Chelsea & Real Madrid.

"Wilshere is better technically than Makelele. He's slower than Makelele but when he receives the ball he is more dangerous than Makelele. Wilshere is the best young player. He now plays all the time with Arsenal. If you play with Arsenal, you r a really good player becos Arsene Wenger likes good players. I think he's mature enough 2 play tis role. He's a really interesting player.

"The players will arrive really tired. They play a lot of games b4 tis. I hv 2 change & make 6 substitutions. But it will be important 4 Wilshere 2 understand he will be the future.''

Capello also revealed he was happy 2 see Wilshere's team-mate Theo Walcott back in action.

"He is playing how I remember when he started 2 play with us. It was a tough decision leaving Theo out 4 the World Cup. He is 1 of the players aft the World Cup I thought abt a lot. I made a mistake not selecting him.''
Old 06-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...walker?cc=4716

Shock England call for Villa's Walker

England boss Fabio Capello sprang a surprise when he named Aston Villa defender Kyle Walker in his 3 Lions squad 2 face Denmark in Copenhagen on Wednesday.

Capello has been struggling in the right-back department, with doubts over the form of Glen Johnson & Micah Richards, who played in the role against France in November.

Nevertheless, Walker's elevation is a shock & comes @ the end of a period when the 20-year-old has excelled in loan spells with both QPR & Villa.

Walker, on loan @ Villa hving been deemed surplus 2 requirements @ parent club Tottenham, is joined in the squad by club team-mates Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor & Darren Bent.

The former Sheffield United defender has appeared 4 England @ Under-19 & Under-21 level, making his debut 4 the U-19 b4 he had ever appeared in a league match 4 the Blades.

He subsequently joined Tottenham @ the start of last season, although he struggled 2 make an impact @ White Hart Lane & it was not until he signed a loan deal with QPR in September tat he started 2 catch the eye.

Capello's lack of options @ right-back r emphasised by the fact Johnson is still favoured 2 start in tat role against the Danes, even though he has spent the last few weeks @ left-back 4 Liverpool aft an inconsistent campaign.

There was also a 1st call-up 4 Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale, who deputised 4 Cottagers No. 1 Mark Schwarzer throughout January while he was on Asian Cup duty with Australia.

England squad to face Denmark:

Goalkeepers:
Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Man City), David Stockdale (Fulham)

Defenders:
Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Man City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Aston Villa)

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry (Man City), Stewart Downing (Aston Villa), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Forwards:
Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...egends?cc=4716

Capello groups Wilshere with legends

Fabio Capello will hand Jack Wilshere the midfield holding role 4 England against Denmark in Copenhagen & opted 2 bracket the youngster in the same company as legends of the game.

Capello insisted tat the 19-year-old Wilshere can be his long-term replacement 4 Owen Hargreaves, but also spoke in glowing terms of his abilities 2 fit anywhere in2 his side.

''I know he prefers 2 go 4ward but an intelligent player can play anywhere,'' said Capello. ''I used the example of Claude Makelele b4. Andrea Pirlo also started just behind the forward player but ended up playing in front of the back 4.

''The thing is, he plays with confidence, never with fear. And other players hv confidence in him. He is not playing 4 a team tat's trying 2 stay in the Premier League. It is Arsenal, 2nd in the table. It is incredible 4 some1 so young.''

Capello, not a man given 2 hyperbole, went on 2 put Wilshere alongside some of the greats of the game, even though he has thus far made just a single substitutes' appearance 4 his country.

''I know Wilshere is 19 but I remember the best players I managed; Baresi, Maldini, Raul. They all started really young,'' Capello added. ''It is the same talent. But people hv 2 wait. He is young & needs experience in big games, like the Champions League & matches between the big teams in England.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ndtner?cc=4716

England must learn - Bendtner

Nicklas Bendtner has urged England 2 learn the lessons fr Theo Walcott when handling the progress of Jack Wilshere, who will make his full debut in the friendly international in Denmark.

Walcott was chosen 4 the 2006 World Cup as a 17-year-old b4 having played a Premier League game 4 Arsenal, & then overlooked 4 the 2010 tournament. England head coach Fabio Capello has since admitted it was a mistake not 2 take Walcott 2 South Africa & now has the future of another Gunners youngster in his hands.

Bendtner said: ''I hv my own theories on how Theo Walcott was treated by England. I don't 1 2 get 2 much into tat because it will probably just get me in trouble.

''But Theo can be a lesson 4 the way you treat Jack. It's important 2 take it easy & realise he is a kid. He's still young, even though he seems very mature and seems like he has played a long time.''

Bendtner has no doubt tat team-mate Wilshere will become a star player 4 his country if treated in the right manner.

He said: ''Jack is developing all the time. He is still young and he will keep developing and getting better for 5 or 6 years still. Young players r always put under a lot of pressure very early in England. You always throw players around really quickly.

''Jack has got potential, he is a grounded lad and he can be a great, great player for England.''
Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-world?cc=4716

Capello hails Bale as the world's best

As Tottenham prepare 2 face Fabio Capello's former side Milan in the Champions League on Wed nite, the England manager has described Spurs star Gareth Bale as the best player in the world.

Bale missed the 1st leg @ San Siro as a Peter Crouch goal gave Tottenham a 1-0 advantage, but returned fr a 6-week absence against Wolves @ the weekend & is expected 2 occupy a place on the bench @ White Hart Lane as Spurs seek 2 reach the quarter-finals.

The Welshman's brilliant performances against Inter in the group stages saw his profile rise considerably on the continent, & in a warning 2 the club Capello lead 2 domestic & European success, the Italian has said Bale is currently the best player on the globe.

"He is 2day the number 1 player in the world," Capello said. "He is the only 1 who k make a difference in the role he plays.

"He has pace, technique & strength. Those 3 qualities r hard 2 find in a player who is not a striker. He reminds me of Roberto Carlos, who was born a left back. He was an explosive player & the only 1 who came even closest 2 Bale.

"His pace reminds me of the legendary Real Madrid midfielder Francisco Gento, who was unstoppable when he set off down the left flank - but Gento was a born winger, not a left back. He did not possess the same strength as Bale."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says he will not risk Bale fr the start against Milan as he is struggling with his fitness, but believes the player's mere presence on the bench will concern the Serie A leaders.

"I don't think there is a better left-sided player around," Redknapp said. "He has got everything. He is 6ft 2in tall, the physique on him is incredible, the pace, the ability 2 cross the ball, shoot, dribble, head it, he k do everything.

"The world sat up & recognised him aft wat he did 2 Inter but he has been tearing teams 2 pieces 4 over a year. He's done it against everybody, really.

"If Milan see him on the bench it will give them a few concerns. I'd luv 2 see him start but he's doubtful @ the moment. Tis morning (Monday) he felt he wasn't quite ready 2 start (the game). His back was okay but he felt a little stiff in his legs."
Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...aptain?cc=4716

FA: Capello has final captain call

The FA insist Fabio Capello will hv the final say on who shld captain England in tis month's Euro 2012 qualifier with Wales, amid growing speculation John Terry could get the armband back.

Current skipper Rio Ferdinand is virtually certain 2 miss the encounter @ the Millennium Stadium on March 26, as he is only just ready 2 return 2 training following a calf injury tat has kept the ManU defender out 4 6 weeks.

Ferdinand's deputy, Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, is already sidelined aft undergoing a groin operation.

On the basis of wat happened in Denmark last month, Terry's Chelsea team-mate Frank Lampard will get the armband, with either Wayne Rooney or Gareth Barry being appointed vice-captain 4 a double-header tat also includes a friendly against Ghana at Wembley on March 29.

However, the Daily Mail suggests Capello is considering whether 2 re-appoint Terry less than 14 months aft stripping him of the honour in the wake of a well-publicised personal scandal.

There has been no official comment fr the FA on the matter. Privately though, they insist the matter is 1 4 Capello 2 determine & will back the Italian in his choice.

It is a delicate decision 4 a number of reasons, not least becos Lampard in particular has plenty of experience of doing the captain's job @ Chelsea when Terry has been missing.

Yet it cannot hv escaped Capello's attention tat Terry has featured in 8 of the 13 games England hv played since he lost the captaincy, compared 2 Ferdinand, who has only managed 4 appearances.

His leadership qualities r beyond question, even if he was publicly slapped down by Capello when he spoke of concerns abt life in England's Rustenburg training camp during the ill-fated WC campaign.

A final decision is yet 2 be made, with Capello not due 2 name his squad until March 20.
Old 14-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...taincy?cc=4716

No decision on Terry captaincy

Fabio Capello will consider reinstating John Terry as England captain but has not made any firm decision, ESPNsoccernet understands.

It has been reported tat Terry - stripped of the captaincy last year in the wake of allegations over his pte life - will take back the armband as Rio Ferdinand has been unable 2 maintain his fitness.

However, while Capello is considering making Terry his captain 1s more 4 the Euro 2012 tie with Wales on March 26 & the friendly with Ghana on March 29, he is keeping his options open @ tis stage.

"Fabio Capello was asked by a journalist over lunch whether it was unfair tat, in the last game, the captain's armband was handed around, when Frank Lampard came off, & not offered 2 John Terry," an FA source told ESPNsoccernet.

"Fabio Capello feels it is a long time since John Terry was punished & the captaincy was taken fr him, & therefore he should be considered as an option 2 be the captain.

"Fabio is most likely 2 look @ the dynamic of the dressing room & weigh up all those options b4 making up his mind, but it doesn't look as though Rio will be fit, & w/o Steven Gerrard, John Terry would be an option 2 be captain 4 tat game."

As has been reported, Ferdinand has been in touch with Capello's right-hand man, Franco Baldini, 2 ask whether it is true Terry could resume the captaincy.

"There is time 4 Fabio 2 think abt it all a bit better, & when Rio contacted Franco Baldini, there was nothing really 2 tell him, other than tat Fabio would look again @ John Terry as an option, but he had not made any decision," the source added.

"Quite frankly the England camp is quite bored with the John Terry subject being discussed for 3 days. It might be something of huge importance 2 the English media, but it does not quite hv the same significance 4 the England management team."
Old 15-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Samster

Capello: Wilshere is future captain

Fabio Capello has claimed Jack Wilshere is the most exciting young midfielder he has ever seen & thinks he will 1 day captain his country.

Wilshere will be handed a midfield role in next week's Euro 2012 qualifier with Wales @ the Millennium Stadium, despite just 1 England start & only 2 caps 2 his name & Capello spoke of his faith in the 19-year-old.

"I remember 2 defenders, Paolo Maldini & Franco Baresi, & 1 attacker, Raul, who was 19 @ Real Madrid, but 4 personality & confidence on the pitch, he is the best young midfielder I hv seen 4 his age," said Capello. ''He will be England captain 1 day. He needs more caps but he is a real leader.''

By his own admission, Capello was uncertain whether Wilshere was ready when he handed the teenager a 7-min debut against Hungary in August. However, in last month's friendly against Denmark & Arsenal's recent 2-legged Champions League encounter with Barcelona, Wilshere proved beyond any doubt he is the real deal.

''It is incredible,'' admitted Capello. ''In tis last 7 months, he improved a lot. After tat very 1st game I was not sure becos he didn't play with a lot of confidence & following the Denmark game, some people were surprised when I said I was really happy with his performance.

''But he played with confidence & without fear. He tried 2 do the same things he usually does when he plays 4 Arsenal. And every1 can understand his value aft the games against Barcelona.

''I followed him. I monitored him during the game in Barcelona. Against the most difficult team, 1 of the best teams of all, he played the same game, with the same confidence tat he did in the 1st leg in London. Then Arsenal won. The 2nd time it was more difficult.''

Meanwhile, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is surprised tat Capello has not called upon in-form duo Joey Barton & Kevin Nolan.

Pardew told the Evening Chronicle: "I'm certainly surprised Kevin has never been involved becos of wat he is. The problem with England is they r always thinking of building a team, & I absolutely disagree with tat. 4 me, it's abt picking your best 11 players.

"If tat's the case, Kevin & Joey deserved 2 be involved. There's nothing 2 build with the England national team. Every game is massive, including the next 1, & you hv got 2 play your best team. On tat basis, I'm surprised Kevin & Joey haven't been involved.''
Old 17-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...lation?cc=4716

Terry captain for one game only

John Terry will captain England against Wales but ESPNsoccernet has learned of an astonishing misunderstanding which has led 2 the media storm surrounding who will be the skipper full-time.

Since a press briefing @ the weekend, there has been confusion over who is Fabio Capello's captain. Rio Ferdinand is officially skipper, though he has played in only 4 of the 13 internationals since taking on the job fr Terry.

With Ferdinand also unfit 4 the game in Cardiff on March 26, along with Steven Gerrard, who captained the team in South Africa, Capello was asked who would wear the armband.

But it now appears Capello's understanding of the word 'permanent' had led reporters 2 the wrong conclusion. The captain's role has not been handed 2 Terry on a permanent basis, with Italian coach Capello not fully understanding the meaning of the word.

Effectively Terry is on trial, as although Capello is open minded abt retaining Ferdinand he is worried abt his injury problems.

ESPNsoccernet spent Tuesday unravelling it all, & has spoken to a FA insider who explained the whole sorry mess, which it insists is as much the making of a media agenda against Capello as it is his lack of understanding of English.

"Fabio is attracting huge amounts of criticism, & there is little 2 nothing we can do abt tat, as people will criticise no matter wat happens," a source revealed. "Yes, there has been confusion. But 2 clarify it all, Fabio has been talking only abt the Wales game.

"He doesn't hv a captain, as Rio Ferdinand is injured, & now Gerrard is injured. It is a typical English game, which requires a strong leader & 4 tis reason he has chosen Terry 2 captain the team against Wales, having thought tat he has been punished long enough & it was not fair the armband was handed around in the last match.

"But Fabio has been put under pressure 2 decide now if Terry is the permanent captain. He has been asked in every conceivable way, & when journalists recorded him in the final 10 minutes of his briefing with the media, he was asked tis question again many times.

"Finally he was asked if it was permanent, & he said 'yes, it is'. But he meant his decision 2 give Terry the captaincy against Wales was 'permanent', tat he was not going 2 change his mind 2morrow abt tat. He did not mean permanent, as in the real meaning of the word. It is true Fabio created the confusion with tat answer.

"But I hope I hv clarified the situation. John Terry captains the team against Wales, & then Fabio will take it fr there.

"A discussion took place with Rio Ferdinand, & it was said tat Fabio would see him @ Old Trafford, but they did not see each other, Rio was not in tat area of the ground. But Rio is a sensible guy & the situation has been explained to him."

Capello will study the dynamic in the dressing room, & how Terry performs, & then it will be a question of Ferdinand's fitness. It might yet be something tat the England manager has 2 make a decision on in the long term.

But 1st England need a result against Wales, & Capello is determined tat the match, & not the captaincy, will be the focus of his attention.
Old 17-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...-terry?cc=4716

Capello digs a deeper hole

The furore over the England captaincy has bemused Fabio Capello & his acolyte Franco Baldini ever since they arrived in 2008.

The now inevitable move 2 hand the armband back 2 John Terry on a permanent basis will not be popular among supporters, while the media storm it has created will hv Capello bewildered 1s more.

Capello has been public enemy number 1 4 most of the leading writers on the daily newspapers since the calamitous WC campaign. The press believes tat reinstating Terry is some kind of betrayal 2 Rio Ferdinand, when in truth it is being used as another stick 2 beat the coach with.

Some of the things being written r astounding, with Capello even criticised 4 suggesting his brightest young prospect, Jack Wilshere, could 1 day be captain. It is now unacceptable 2 hail a player considered 2 be the future of the national game as an eventual leader & icon. If any1 other than Capello had uttered such words he would not be accused of piling pressure on young shoulders.

In other countries, such as Capello's native Italy, the issue of the national captaincy may be seen as a minor distraction rather than a major talking point; in England the same role comes with prestige & honour. Capello's greatest failing, away fr team selection, is his failure 2 grasp tis issue & stubbornly treat it as a passing nuisance.

Capello used an odd trial process 2 find his 1st England captain - Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard, David Beckham & Gareth Barry all wore the armband in his opening friendlies. The armband moved around on rotation in the last friendly in Denmark, 1st worn by Lampard & then by Ashley Cole and finally Barry as each skipper was substituted.

Sven Goran Eriksson, in June 2003 during a friendly against Serbia & Montenegro, showed tis attitude 2 the captaincy is not just limited 2 Italian managers. Michael Owen began the match as captain b4 being taken off @ half-time, which led 2 Emile Heskey becoming skipper. As the subs continued there was the unimaginable sight of Phil Neville & Jamie Carragher as England captain. The Sun ran with the headline 'Skipper ripper'.

1-time talismanic captain Bryan Robson said aft tat game: "It demeans wat the whole meaning of wat skipper is all abt. I think having 4 captains is demeaning 2 the armband. I can't imagine the public particularly like it either. Being captain of your country, as I know, is a fantastic honour but it doesn't look very good when so many people in 1 game get 2 do it."

Tat Capello still fails 2 understand tis aft 2 years in the job says a lot abt why he has lost the media. It gives the impression of a man paid vast amounts of money in 1 of the most coveted jobs the sport has 2 offer in tis country, who remains completely detached fr both its traditions & a refusal 2 change his ways 2 suit the culture. He is not going 2 change now as the clock ticks down 2 the end of his lucrative contract aft Euro 2012.

Ignoring the romantic notion of the captaincy in England, is Capello actually doing the rite thing? Ferdinand probably does not make the best England captain, but it is the U-turn over Terry tat is probably most damaging.

Add the timing, just days b4 a crucial qualifier in Wales when Capello will be without the injured Ferdinand & Gerrard. Capello could simply hv made Terry skipper 4 tis game & monitored the fall-out without any need 2 get embroiled in yet another captaincy debate. The chance 2 slide Terry back in2 the role full-time has been missed.

And with Terry hardly a man with the same public image of previous incumbents such as Bobby Moore, Beckham & Robson, the public r not going 2 welcome him back with open arms.

It is reported tat Ferdinand is "seething" tat Capello is going 2 take the captaincy fr him, but he is almost continuously injured 4 international duty, & United boss Alex is unlikely 2 allow 1 of his key players 2 jet off 4 friendlies if he has any kind of niggle in the future.

England hv played 13 games since Ferdinand was made captain on February 5 last year but he has been available 4 just 4 of those games. Gerrard was skipper @ the World Cup finals with Ferdinand injured.

The only competitive game Ferdinand has been available 4 was the dismal goalless draw with Montenegro @ Wembley in October - a game Terry missed & avoided such tarnishing.

The more measured among us may deduce tat Capello is purely doing wat is in the best interests of the team, naming a captain who is going 2 be available 4 most of the games so ensuring continuity. Essentially, by leaving Ferdinand in the role he would be sanctioning a continued rotation based purely on fitness.

However, Terry's own long-term back problem is hardly going 2 guarantee his availability 4 every England international. Lampard cannot be seen as a guaranteed selection either, which leaves Capello's options thin on the ground. At least Terry is a proven leader, unlike Ferdinand.

Have any of Capello's detractors actually considered who would make the best England captain? Probably not.
Old 19-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...arroll?cc=4716

Dalglish warning over Carroll

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is hoping Fabio Capello does not select Andrew Carroll 4 the upcoming games against Wales & Ghana.

Carroll has only just returned fr a 2-month lay-off with a thigh injury, with Thursday's night's 0-0 draw against Braga being his 1st start since moving 2 Merseyside fr Newcastle in a £35 million transfer.

Dalglish believes it is 2 soon 4 Carroll 2 be linking up with the natonal side, & he would be better off remaining at the club's training ground as he is nursed back 2 full fitness.

Dalglish said: "England hv 2 be responsible with him. There is nothing we can do 2 stop them picking him but common sense has 2 prevail. It is not a case of going 2 war with any1.

"I don't know if Fabio 1s 2 pick him or not. But there is no point in us being as guarded as we hv been in his recuperation & doing such a good job 2 get him 2 where he is now if some1 else is going 2 waste all tat.

"We fully understand somebody wanting 2 pick his best players 4 England but they also hv 2 understand the fact tat he is not really there yet 4 fitness. But if he picks him, he picks him. That's up 2 the England manager."

Meanwhile, Dalglish insists the club's European exit will not make him reassess their methods as they prepare for the 1st of 9 crucial matches in the Premier League.

"Every game in the Premier League is different so there is no 1 correct way of doing something," he said. "Every team hv their particular things they are good @ & we hv ours. We just hv 2 prepare 2 try to nullify wat they hv got & get the best out of wat you hv got.

"I don't think we hv done any different since we came in. We hv tried 2 get the best out of the players we hv here & against Braga they couldn't be faulted 4 effort."
Old 20-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Samster

Capello clears up Terry confusion

Chelsea defender John Terry has been reinstated as permanent England captain by boss Fabio Capello.

Terry will lead England out against Wales in next week's European Championship qualifier aft succeeding Rio Ferdinand with immediate effect.

There had been confusion over whether Terry would remain captain beyond tat game with Capello apparently having misunderstood the meaning of the word 'permanent', & the Italian has faced heavy criticism in the English tabloid press over the way the affair has been handled.

Speaking @ a Wembley media, though, he has now reiterated tat the Chelsea skipper will be taking the role full-time.

"I decided John Terry would be the captain 4 tis game [against Wales] becos, aft the game in Copenhagen, the way the armband was moved around was upsetting 4 him," Capello said.

"Also, I said my decision would be the day b4 the [Wales] game becos I wanted 2 speak with the players, I wanted 2 speak with John Terry. I also knew the England doctors spoke with the doctors of Liverpool & ManU, & I knew tat Steven Gerrard & Rio were injured.

"But I hv decided tat John Terry, after 1 year of punishment, will again be the permanent captain. I think 1 year's punishment is enough. He was my 1st choice when I [initially] decided on the permanent captain."

The 30-year-old was stripped of the armband 13 months ago aft an alleged affair with a former girlfriend of England team-mate Wayne Bridge.

Terry was 1st made the national team skipper under Steve McClaren in 2006, b4 being reinstated by Capello in 2008 aft the Italian initally decided 2 share the duty betw several players.
Old 20-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...lshere?cc=4716

Capello hails 'incredible' Wilshere

England boss Fabio Capello believes Jack Wilshere is "@ the top" among young players in world football.

Wilshere, 19, attracted widespread praise aft his performances 4 Arsenal against Barca in the Champions League, & he has now made 2 senior appearances 4 England.

Capello has already hailed Wilshere as a future England captain &, when asked if he was now 1st-choice 4 his country, said: "Yes, yes, because he is good, because he plays without fear, & with confidence.

"Also 4 some1 so young, he is a leader. It is incredible. I never saw some1 so young be a leader on the pitch. It is incredible.

"Wilshere, aft the game against Barcelona, he has arrived. He has arrived. You can understand the value of tat sort of performance. As a young player, I think he is @ the top, not only in England but Europe & the world."

Capello has also been boosted by the emergence of Chris Smalling @ ManU. The centre back, who moved 2 Old Trafford in the summer, was playing 4 Maidstone United as recently as 2008 but has been a regular in the Premier League & Champions League in recent weeks.

"Smalling is a very interesting player," he said. "I am monitoring him. I spoke with Alex & he told me he needs more games, more experience but I think, when you play Champions League games, it is really important."

Capello has a number of key players absent 4 the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales & friendly with Ghana but is hopeful ManC winger Adam Johnson & Liverpool striker Andy Carroll will be fit 2 play a part.

"We will hv no Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard or Theo Walcott thru injury & I hope tat only those 3 players will not be fit," he said.

"I just read tat Adam Johnson played 10 to 20 minutes on Thursday [against Dinamo Kiev]. I don't know if it is 2 soon 4 him [2 be selected]. We will see how he goes on Sunday.

"I went 2 Liverpool 2 monitor Andy Carroll. He has played just 1 game [since being fit]. We need 2 wait until aft the weekend games. He is fit but he needs 2 play games because, every time, the big players need more games 2 find the good form.

"The squad will be 25 players 4 these 2 games. 2 players more than normal."
Old 20-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland?cc=4716

Rooney: Terry is 'massive leader'

Wayne Rooney has backed John Terry as England captain, saying the Chelsea defender is a "massive leader".

Terry was reinstated as permanent captain on Saturday, coming 13 months since his removal due 2 his off-field antics. Fabio Capello insisted Terry has been punished enough 4 his indiscresions.

Rooney says he is content 2 see Terry take the armband back - even if it means his ManU colleague Rio Ferdinand has lost the job.

Capello's move 2 make Terry skipper 1s again has universally angered the English press, with back pages declaring a mutiny within the squad over the way Ferdinand has been treated. But Rooney, who also said he would like 2 be captain 1 day, paints a different picture.

"I hv said many times tat John Terry - even when he isn't the captain - is a massive leader 4 us," Rooney told the Sunday Mirror. "He has showed in the last year tat you don't hv 2 wear the armband 2 be a leader.

"4 us as players it's down 2 the manager who he picks as captain. There is absolutely nothing we can do 2 influence Fabio Capello's decision. Rio Ferdinand isn't going 2 be fit anyway.

"He hasn't played 4 a while, so I don't think he will be in the squad 4 the Wales game. The manager has a decision 2 make."

Terry would hv been captain @ the WC in South Africa but 4 Terry's alleged relationship with Wayne Bridge's girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel. Rooney says tat the issue, which led 2 Steven Gerrard wearing the armband with Ferdinand out injured, did not overshadow their campaign.

"I don't think the captaincy issue overshadowed the WC," he said. "Rio got injured, Steven Gerrard took over & did a good job. I hope the WC finals is out of the ­system now - it's definitely out of mine."

Although Rooney would 1 day like 2 skipper his country, he believes he is 2 young 4 the role @ the moment.

"It's a massive thing 2 captain your country. I hv done it 1s & it's something I will never forget.

"I don't really think abt being captain on a permanent basis, but if I ever manage 2 do it, it would be a big honour.

"Right now I think I am way 2 young 2 do the job."
Old 21-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...lifier?cc=4716

Jarvis gets England call

Wolves winger Matt Jarvis has been included in the England squad 4 the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales & friendly against Ghana.

Jarvis had been tipped 4 international recognition earlier tis season aft a string of impressive displays, & he has previously been included in provisional squads.

Having scored the only goal of the game against Aston Villa tis weekend, the 24-year-old will now be a full part of the squad 4 the qualifier @ the Millennium Stadium on Saturday & the friendly against Ghana @ Wembley on March 29.

Fabio Capello - who is already without Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard & Theo Walcott - had hoped ManC winger Adam Johnson would be available but the games come 2 soon following his recent injury troubles.

England hv @ least been boosted with the news tat Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, who made his debut against France in November, has been deemed fit enough 2 take part.

Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon is also included in the squad 4 the 1st time since the 0-0 draw against Montenegro @ Wembley in October.

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker, currently on loan with Aston Villa, has retained his place in the squad, while Scott Parker also features aft his consistently impressive performances 4 West Ham.

Capello had confirmed on Saturday tat Chelsea defender John Terry will take over the captaincy fr Ferdinand on a permanent basis.

England squad 4 next Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifying match against Wales & the friendly against Ghana on March 29:

Foster (Birmingham), Green (West Ham), Hart (Manchester City);
Baines (Everton), Cahill (Bolton), A Cole (Chelsea), Dawson (Tottenham), Jagielka (Everton), Johnson (Liverpool), Lescott (Manchester City), Terry (Chelsea, captain), Walker (Tottenham - on loan at Aston Villa); Barry (Manchester City), Downing (Aston Villa), Jarvis (Wolves), Lampard (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Milner (Manchester City), Parker (West Ham), Young (Aston Villa), Wilshere (Arsenal); Bent (Aston Villa), Carroll (Liverpool), Crouch (Tottenham), Defoe (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United).
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1