The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2020, 06:37 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4571 / Power: 15
ET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BEST FOOD DISCUSSION - Palatable, Savory, Delicious Food Found In ASEAN

More coming tomorrow.
Stay tune
Old 03-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 56 / Power: 6
hongdao deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET View Post
More coming tomorrow.
Stay tune
Nice share bro, looking forward
Old 03-09-2020, 09:43 PM
Samster

ET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond reputeET has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongdao View Post
Nice share bro, looking forward
Thanks
Old 03-09-2020, 10:47 PM
Samster

Edited by ET

Last edited by ET; 04-09-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5119 / Power: 19
nacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond reputenacho has a reputation beyond repute

I see good food found everywhere in SG.
Expect Toa Payoh
Old 04-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Samster

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 767 / Power: 6
SBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to behold

No point to post all from blogs.

Here best to share cheap and good food.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 9843 / Power: 20
35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute35cents has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET View Post
I will only post in this thread from now on cos some bo liao people say i spamming lol.
Don't send me PM anymore.
I will never answer.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Samster

25 Best Food Stall In Toa Payoh

合衆客家酿豆腐 Hup Chong Hakka Yong Dou Fu
Blk 206, Toa Payoh North, Singapore 310206
Monday to Sunday 0630-1530, 1630-2030

This Yong Dou Fu stall has gained recognition over the years since 1982 for being one of the better Yong Dou Fu stalls in Singapore and with good reason too. We decided to indulge and got about 9 different ingredients such as meat balls, deep-fried ngoh hiang, quail eggs and so on.

It would not have really mattered what ingredients we got as all of them were well-cooked and preserved the desired flavours which were only complimented further with the dark sweet sauce mixed in. A hint of spice, a dab of sweetness, a blend of soft and crunchy and steamy clear soup to cleanse the palate – nothing compares, really.

127 Lor 1 Fish soup, Fish porridge, Seafood soup 鱼粥鱼汤海鲜汤
Blk 127 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, Toa Payoh West Market and Food Court #02-33, Singapore 310127

Fresh, tender and evenly-cut slices of fish swimming around in a luscious, flavourful broth. The broth has a subtle sweet undertone which compliments the savoury slices of fish very well. This stall serves other dishes such as dumplings and fried fish too which is always a bonus.

Don Signature Crab
Blk 206, Toa Payoh North, #01-1197, Singapore 310206
Monday to Sunday 1200-2030

While I am not a huge fan of seafood, I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the crab bee hoon from Don Signature Crab. The crab meat comes sweet and fresh and these chewy pieces of crab go very nicely with the savoury, eggy bee hoon whose flavours do not overpower the crab’s.

I was also very impressed when the crab-fanatic owner showed us how the way he cooks allows for the meat from beneath every shell portion (even the tip of the pincer) to come off easily and so customers can get the whole value of the already very affordable meal they pay for!

Hua Fong Kee Char Siew
Blk 128 Lor 1 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310128
Monday to Sunday 0800-2200

s mentioned in a Char Siew food guide I’ve compiled before, I adore Hua Fong Kee Roasted Duck’s Char Siew rice not only because of the friendly service but because of the char siew rice served with a dollop of dark, syrupy sauce which makes the already fragrant pieces of char siew more flavourful. While the serving of char siew sold here is slightly smaller than most of other char siew stalls, the thinner slices of meat are delicious and even more so when paired with roasted pork.

Rahmath Cheese Prata
Blk 74 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310074
Tuesday to Sunday 0600-1600, Closed on Mondays

Rahmath Cheese Prata is a modest prata shop stowed away at a corner of Toa Payoh vista hawker centre. The egg prata served here is aromatic, fluffy and it tears easily while the cheese prata tasted very much like an Indian-ified grilled cheese sandwich.

I particularly enjoyed the cheese prata for the melted cheese went very nicely with crispy outer bits of the prata. The side of mutton curry also provided a nice savoury balance to the whole meal.

Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice
Blk 94 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, #01-04, 310094
Monday to Sunday: 1100-1500, 1700-2100

One beauty of dining at Lee Fun Nam Kee is that you get to order a steamy, savoury bowl of dumpling soup to have alongside your plate of chicken rice. The soup was not overly salty and there was a generous serving of soft vegetables and well-cooked dumplings which was just splendid.

Paired with the all-too-familiar fragrant rice and a syrupy serving of dark soy sauce, the chicken rice at Lee Fun Nam Kee definitely does not disappoint, taste-wise.

While I greatly appreciated the chicken rice dish as a whole here, I did notice how the slices of chicken they serve here are thicker than the norm and while many will see the beauty in that, I would have preferred the chicken to be more thinly cut. Besides that minor kink, the generous portion of chicken rice here, together with the dumpling soup is a definite must-try for folks nearby.

Kim Keat Hokkien Mee
Blk 92 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310092
Wednesday to Monday 1100-2200, Closed on Tuesdays

The claypot hokkien mee at Kim Keat Hokkien Mee is just as delicious as its name suggests. The soft, non-mushy noodles simmering in the richly-flavoured prawn stock are to die for. The fried pork belly add a lovely crunch to the dish and other meaty bits of squid, clams and pork help to (strangely enough) slightly sweeten the noodles. If you do happen to pass by Lorong 4 with your friends one day, do not pass up the chance to dine at Kim Keat.

Ocean Curry Fish Head
Blk 92 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310092
Monday to Sunday 1100-2100

The red snapper fish head curry was glorious. The curry sauce is savoury with a twinge of spice and the best part is that the soft, fresh pieces of red snapper tear easily. There is no hassle with the bones either which greatly enhanced the pleasure I gained from digging into this dish. We had the fish head curry with plates of plain white rice which is always recommended for carbs with curry can never go wrong.

Uncle Kun Delicacies 根叔美食世家
Blk 74 Food Centre, Toa Payoh Lor 4, #01-03, Singapore 310074
Tuesday to Sunday 0600-1330, Closed on Mondays

If you appreciate good ol’ congee, I urge you to patronize Uncle Kun’s stall at Lorong 4 for Uncle Kun, who once worked as a chef at Shang Place Shangri-La Hotel and who now serves quality congee with generous portions of side dishes at cheap hawker prices.

His congee is well-prepared with a flavourful stock and the porridge comes out warm, smooth and somehow not pasty. Uncle Kun also serves up other lovely traditional Chinese delicacies like Siew Mai and Yam cake, which are definitely worth a try too. Be sure to visit the stall earlier than closing time or make a call to order though, just to be on the safer side of things.

San Soon Oyster Omelette
Blk 75 Toa Payoh, Lorong 5 Food Centre, #01-11, Singapore 310075

While the oyster omelette at San Sun may lack the seafood smell that some locals dig, this dish of fried egg and oysters still packs a punch with the flavours. The omelette is slightly crunchy in areas where it is slightly more charred and this compliments the soft, chewy textures of the oyster bits, of which the seafood flavour is rather strong. Another recommended dish at this stall is the Hokkien Mee with its rich, gooey stock, savory noodles and generous serving of pork lard.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Samster

Lorong 5 Toa Payoh Block 75 Food Centre Fish soup
Blk 75 Food Centre Fish Soup: 75 Lor 5 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310075

This nondescript stall at Lorong 5 positively influenced my level of contentment the day I visited, simply because of the fact that the steamy soup, tasty fried slices of fish and the soft, pillowy rice served at this stall come together very harmoniously and wonderfully.

It may sound like I’m bordering on exaggeration but the fact remains that the salty breaded fish goes nicely with the plain rice which when soaked in the clear, fragrant soup makes for a delicious bite. Do not judge a book by its cover is all I’m saying. Modest stall front but honest-to-god yummy food.

Peck Hwan Eating House Porridge Stall
Blk 75 Lorong 5 Toa Payoh, #01-13, Singapore 310075
Tuesday to Friday: 1130 – 1330

Esteemed specifically for its Signature White Cabbage, it was puzzling for me to think about how such a simple-sounding dish could gain such a reputation but my initial doubts were quickly dissipated. The beauty of having tze char porridge at this stall is that the owners are humble with the dishes they prepare which funnily enough makes their food taste even better.

The White Cabbage dish is plain but the sauce so full of flavour and the cabbage just the right texture and as do many of the other dishes at this stall, the saltiness, which is not overbearing, pairs very nicely with the basic porridge provided.

Hougang 6 Miles Famous Muah Chee
Blk 80 Toa Payoh Lor 6, HDB HUB Basement Gourmet Food Court, #B1-21, Singapore 310480
Monday to Sunday: 1030-2130

Peanut-y, dough-y lumps of beauty… I absolutely adore muah chee but it is getting harder and harder to find these suckers recently. It is a relief that Hougang Muah Chee still entertains hopeless lovers of Muah Chee like yours truly.

Located at the basement of HDB Hub, the muah chee served at this stall is rather glorious for the glutinous rice chunks are mixed in with black sesame seeds to further compliment the nutty flavour of the dish. A scrumptious after-meal snack that you should definitely not miss up.

Soon Heng Silver Stream Rojak
Blk 480 Toa Payoh Lor 6, HDB HUB Basement Gourmet Food Court, #B1-23, Singapore 310480
Monday to Sunday: 1030-2130

From the generous peppering of roasted peanuts to the well-cooked you tiao, from the sweet chunks of pineapple to the salty bits of cuttlefish and many many more, the rojak served at this stall has been satisfying customers for 25 over years from its humble beginnings on a simple store on bicycle.

The rojak at Soon Heng Silver Stream not only fulfills every rojak-lover desires but it has the power to bring back waves of nostalgia to the loyal following it has.

Lai Heng Mushroom Minced Meat Mee
Blk 51 Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Nghee Huat Eating House, #01-62, Singapore 310051
Thursdays to Tuesdays: 0830-1600, Closed on Wednesdays

The Mushroom Minced Meat Mee served at this stall is not bad. If you do live around Block 51 Lorong 6, definitely do give this stall a try as it does satisfy all the requirements of a good Bak Chor Mee, with the tender pieces of pork, the soft bits of minced meat and the moist noodles all sauced up with the flavorsome stock.

Uno Beef House
Blk 51 Lorong 5 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310051, #01-60
Tuesday to Sunday: 1130-2230, Closed on Mondays

Located right next to Lai Heng Mushroom Minced Meat Mee is Uno Beef House, a place many residents in the area like to frequent for the variety of Western food they offer. The last time I went, I ordered a plate of UNO Fried Rice and a plate of Beef pasta, otherwise known as bolognese.

I really liked the fried rice as it was not too oily, the rice was flavourful, the sunny-side up went nicely together with the ham and corn bits and the side of tomato sauce only further complimented the dish. Very yummy.

Ah Chuan Oyster Omelette
Blk 22 Lor 7 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310022
Wednesday to Monday 1300-1630, Closed on Tuesdays

The oyster omelette at this stall has gained recognition over the years for their delightfully yummy fried egg and fresh, juicy oysters. I liked this omelette particularly because the simple dish of “scrambled eggs” was able to pack a huge punch of flavours when eaten just by itself.

Yuan Ji Homemade Pau & Tim Sum
Blk 18 Lorong 7 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310018
Monday to Sunday: 0700-2100

I always appreciate a nice sweet snack after a heavy meal so I was not disappointed when I found this plain-looking stall just a stone throw away from where we had our lunch. For a mere $0.70, I got myself this steamy white bun filled with gooey red-bean goodness. Simple and decadent.

Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
Blk 22A Lor 7 Toa Payoh, #01-22, Singapore 311022

The beauty of the chicken rice at this stall is as it says in the stall’s name -Boneless Chicken. I enjoy my chicken rice with tasty, nicely-sliced portions of chicken where there is no hassle to deal with bones.

The chicken at this stall is especially lovely due to the sweet and savoury soya sauce whose recipe the stall owners have mastered. Paired with the very fragrant rice and the clear soup, it is no wonder this stall has even had the great honour of having Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Loong dine there.

Kim Keat Wanton Noodle
Kim Keat Palm Market and Food Centre, Blk 22 Lorong 7 Toa Payoh #01-41, Singapore 310022

Not only is this stall manned by a lovable old couple, the bowls of wanton noodle will be sure to warm your hearts and fill them with merriment. The portion of sweet wanton mee served is rather generous and it goes very nicely with the savoury noodles. The dumpling noodles at this stall is recommended too.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Samster

Toa Payoh Fried Kway Teow
Blk 22 Lorong 7 Toa Payoh, #01-51 Kim Keat Palm Market and Food Centre, Singapore 310022
Wednesday to Monday 1100-1800, Closed on Tuesdays

This plate of Char Kway Teow is the epitome of comfort food. Cooked just the way I like it, with sweet sauce, slighgtly charred eggs, fresh cockles and a little sinful bit of oiliness. There is a generous serving of Char Kway Teow and the flavours of this dish are bound to put a happy, oily smile on your face so why not give it a shot.

大巴窑剪刀剪咖喱饭 Curry Rice
Blk 210 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh, Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market & Food Centre, Singapore 310210

It could be that I’m a die-hard fan of curry or it could just be that this stall’s food is absolutely delicious but I think the curry rice from this stall is one of my favourites out of all the various cuisine-types I’ve tried in Toa Payoh.

This dish was gloriously scrumptious with the savoury curry paired with soft long beans and fried chicken and plain white rice that helped to mellow out and balance the powerful flavours of the dish. This would definitely be my top recommendation for those in the area looking to satiate their appetite.

Joo Chiat Beef King
Blk 210 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh, Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Market & Food Centre, Singapore 310210

The beef noodle (dry) was honestly commendable. The thick sauce had a rather malty flavour to it and the beef was tender and it tore easily. While the bowl of noodles was a little too heavy for me, it is not to say I would not bring my beef-loving friends to this stall when I do visit this lovely food center again.

Changi Village Fried Hokkien Mee
Blk 210 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh Market & Food Centre, #01-32, Singapore 310210

The hokkien mee at Changi Village Hokkien Mee is one of those that are not too watery and not bland like many around. It is easy to tell that the prawn stock the hokkien mee is cooked in is packed with flavours for the noodles come out both fragrant and springy, just the way I like it.

Fried egg and pieces of pork, etc are tossed into the dish to ensure your taste buds are fully satisfied. To get that extra kick, be sure to mix the side of chili in and leave the place content with life.

Seletar Sheng Mian
Blk 210, Toa Payoh Lor 8 Market and Food Centre, #01-05, Singapore 310210 Friday to Tuesday 0600-1430, Closed on Wednesdays & Thursdays

One thing I really liked about this ban mian stall was the fact that the owners make their own artisan noodles which when cooked into a bowl with an eggy broth make for a beautiful meal. It is possible that after wolfing down this entire bowl you may feel a little jelat, but it is definitely worth it.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Samster

14 Best Curry Rice 咖喱饭 In Singapore

Hong Seng Curry Rice
Redhill Market and Food Centre, 85 Redhill Lane, #01-74, Singapore 150085
Open: 10am – 11pm, closed Thurs

You might have heard about Hong Seng Curry Rice for its tastiness and hawker son who is doing the godsent favour for all Singaporeans of taking over his father’s business. (Kudos to you brah.)

Hong Seng’s Curry Rice differs largely from the rest of this list’s mostly because their curry is of stronger flavoured variety. Spicy and assam, its taste is leaning towards Curry Fish Head’s curry than the usual sweeter, blander hainanese curry rice sauce.

Hong Seng also offers a wider variety of dishes like binjai, lap cheong, tofu and battered fried prawns (which looked really good).

Thankfully for me, their pork chop was actual pork chop and not pork chips. At this point of time I would like to clarify that when I say pork chips, I meant that the pork meat to batter ratio is 1:5, making it seem like wholly eating fried batter.

It was fried till crisp and dark brown hence had the slightly bitter charred taste, the meat was sweet while the batter was salty and aromatic. Still, it was a tad dry.

The curry is really different from most, if not all, the curry rice places. If you like your curry to have more flavour (or simply resemble curry more) and more spicy, this is it.

Cheng’s 27
27 Yong Siak Street, Singapore
Open: 10am – 3.30pm, 5.30pm – 9.30pm daily, closed Tues

Previously known as Cheng’s Delicacies selling Hainanese Curry rice, Cheng’s 27 is now the newer hipper version of it at the hipster vibes populated Yong Siak. Still, that’s the charm of tiong bahru – the old and new.

Cheng’s 27 is a clean modern zi char shop that sells the usual suspects with a Hainanese twist. They even have desserts like eclairs and homemade cookies.

Their curry rice is really simple, just a piece of juicy pork chop, with a pool of curry beside a heap of rice. The pork chop exterior is executed nicely with superb crispness.

Jurong West Hainanese Scissors Curry Rice
Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre, 505 Jurong West Street 52, Singapore 640505

At the extreme end of singapore lies a pretty unknown Hainanese curry rice. No, although it is at Jurong West, you don’t have to bring a parang to slash greenery to access this place.

Like the usual kind of Hainanese curry rice, you can expect the curry to be slightly sweet and not exactly tasting like curry. Another brown goopy sauce is added together with the curry as well. The curry is slightly less starchy then most of these Hainanese Curry Rice places.

They aren’t the kind to drown your entire plate in curry, so your vegetables, pork chop and some parts of your rice are still left untouched. if you are one of those who dislike your entire plate drenched with curry, perhaps this place would be up your alley.aaa

Potatoes had a satisfying texture while the pork chop was juicy yet crispy on the outside, with a substantial amount of tender meat. Generally a decent place to get your curry rice fix.

Eleven Fingers (Eu Kee) Scissors Curry Rice
Blk 269B, Rong Liang Ge Eating House, Queen Street, #01-235, Singapore 180269

Populated with lunchtime crowd, you can identify Eu Kee from its snaking lunch time queue so you might want to avoid it during peak hour.

It’s a decent place to get your curry rice fix – they’ll generously rain three different types of sauces for their perfect curry gravy combination that is thick, dark and rich. The selection of ingredients are pretty basic: fried egg, fried pork chop, chap chye, egg, curry chicken, braised meat/ tao pok.

All the items come together as one beautiful mess, having all basic elements of a good curry rice.

Toa Payoh Scissors Cut Curry Rice 大巴窑八巷 剪刀剪咖呖饭
Blk 210 Lor 8 Toa Payoh, Toa Payoh Lor 8 Market & Food Centre, Singapore 310210

Toa Payoh’s curry rice deviates from the traditional kind as it offers a much wider variety of dishes.

One can find hash browns, steamed eggs and minced meat balls in the selection, which is usually very sparse in variety in the case of more traditional Hainanese curry rice stores.

It is also wet and goopy with ample curry gravy just the way I like it.

Their curry belongs to the saltier variety, with a little grainy aftertaste and tasted just a bit like prata curry.

Would recommend this if you like your curry slightly saltier with a wider variety of dishes to select.

Tian Tian Curry Rice
Blk 116 Bukit Merah View, Singapore 151116
Open: 9am – 9pm

Oh the porkchop sat so gloriously under the spotlight, glowing golden brown, looking crisp as hell. See what I did there ahh?

And its appearance did not deceive at all. The pork chop batter was light and crispy, close to that of a croquette’s; not a bad thing because croquettes are really pretty looking. Despite being soaked in curry for a bit, it still maintained some of its crispiness. Taste wise, it was fragrant and well-seasoned.

Their lean, thin strips of hainanese char siew is worth ordering too. Soaked with the honey sweet sauce, the meat was nicely chewy without the usual fats from char siew. But it does not have that roasted charred taste though.

The cabbage was soft and sweet, the kind you wouldn’t mind feeding your toothless grandmother who forgot her dentures.

Interestingly, there was this dish called ‘shark meat with salted vegetables’ which I didn’t order because I found out too late. However, probably one of the most essential part of curry rice – the curry, was not as fantastic as the others so there’s that.

Zhong Guo Jie Hainanese Curry Rice 中国街咖喱饭
Maxwell Food Centre, 1 Kadayanallur Street, Singapore 069184, #01-68
Opes: 11am – 7.30pm, Closed Fri

It was a tad interesting to see that a place so highly recommended looks so simple and unassuming – even the colour of their signboard has faded. And when you peer into the food display, it looks really bare and almost to the point of unappetising. However, after the first mouth, I understood how it has such a following.

Messy sloppy goodness. The drenched rice makes you wanna gobble everything up in a jiffy. The pork chop is evidently of the thin, pork crisp/chips kind more than it is a pork chop. Maxwell Hainanese’s Pork chop has a detectable layer of sweet aromatic batter.

The broiled cabbage with tang hoon is really soft and silky but the gravy is kinda sour. The curry here is not starchy, instead it is more watery and slightly more assam-ish than the traditionally sweeter hainanese curry. It also carries a little spice kick.

May not be my favourite but this is still really good, I gobbled it up easily.

Havelock Hainanese Curry Rice
Sims Vista Food Centre, Block 49 Sims Place, #01-70
Open: 7am – 4pm daily

Run by a lovely couple who has been doing this for more than 50 years, like most traditional hainanese curry rice stores, they only have a standard few dishes you can choose from.

They have a selection of cabbage, long beans, pork chop, braised pork and eggs.

Havelock Hainanese’s Curry is very different from the others I’ve eaten. It is the only curry that I couldn’t exactly tell was curry because of its transparency and overall taste.

It simply seemed like a thick yellow sauce that neither tastes nor smells like curry. However, when you mix it with their out of this world chilli, it tastes like an interesting blend of ‘curry’.

The pork chop is also of the thin crispy kind that more resembles pork chips – tastes like ba hu/ pork floss. The braised cabbage also has a nice balance of soft and crunchy.

No Name Beo Crescent Curry Rice
Blk 40 Beo Crescent, Singapore 160040
Open: 6.30am to 3pm daily, Closed on Weds

No, really, it has neither a name nor a signboard at all.

Set in this old dingy kopitiam behind/beside the popular and bigger food centre, this place really makes you doubt the cleanliness of your food. But before you’re put off by this place, you might wanna hear how much hype and love No Name curry rice gets for their food.

A very raved about place, Beo Crescent is known for their crispy pork chop which I know some people really love. (I however, like thicker kind of pork chop where i can feel the meat, if it hasn’t been mentioned enough above).

Their curry is of the not-so-starchy variety, with a little bit of spice to it.

Pasir Panjang Feng Kee Hainanese Curry Rice
Pasir Panjang Food Centre, 121 Pasir Panjang Road, #01-41 Singapore
Open: 4am – 2pm daily (closed Sun)

Opening at 2am, Feng Kee mostly caters to the Pasir Panjang port gate workers but after them ungodly hours, many people flock here for breakfast and lunch as well.

When I was there during lunchtime, there were 4 people hard at work fulfilling orders methodically like an assembly line. The aunty – takes orders, pours sauce, the uncle – collects money and packs takeaways while 2 other chefs inside cook relentlessly to replenish the depleting food. One of the chefs was simply frying sunny-side ups endlessly.

While I really enjoyed tian tian’s pork chop, pasir panjang’s felt less artifical as it is less chewy and more…meat-like?

Won’t you look at that lustrous glistening sauce.

The braised pork though was wowwwww. Each little piece had a distinct layer of fats, meat, fats and meat. Apart from its visual perks, it was the kind of braised pork that has reached an otherworldly level. They have achieved both a melt-in your mouth sensation while maintaining that stringy characteristic texture of meat.

They have 3 kinds of sauces – the curry, the other brown sauce and char siew sauce. Usually if you say ‘yes’ to curry on your rice, it’ll be accompanied with the mysterious brown sauce.

Despite the heat and the almost unending queue, the people here did not get mad when I took a tad longer to choose side dishes. The chef inside could still crack jokes while perspiring madly, frying up those eggs. Lovely patient folks.

Come quick! Because sadly, the people slogging behind the store are going to retire next year. Their offspring do not intend to take over the business and understandably so because hawker business is hella tough. Bye cheeky uncle you will be missed.

Beach Road Scissor - Cut Curry Rice
229 Jln Besar, Singapore 208905
Open: 11am – 3.30am daily

Scissor - Cut/ 剪刀剪 was the first ever curry rice my adolescent mouth has eaten. It was also the one that made me fall deeply in love with it. Now I know there will be many dissenters of this 3rd place but hey, you’re entitled to your own opinions.

Reason it is called scissor - cut is probably because the person behind the glass expertly cuts up almost everything you order with a pair of scissors with a one-track mind. I never realised someone holding a scissors with such determination could be more enthralling than scary.

While the entire plate being flooded by goopy curry sauce might not appear appetising, it is still undeniably delicious.

Almost every inch of your food is covered by sauces yet the curry does not overwhelm or clash. The cabbage here is done to optimum suppleness and crunch factor.

And, the pork chop has enough bite to it with a crisp batter. The curry smells richly spiced and flavoured but contrary to its smell and appearance, it is pretty light. And pairs fantastic with the braised pork sauce.

Loo’s Hainanese
Seng Poh Road, 71 Seng Poh Rd #01-49, Singapore 160071
Open: 8am – 2.45pm (closed alt. Thurs)

Probably one of curry rice lovers’ ultimate favourite, Loo’s Hainanese can be considered the poster child for hainanese curry rice. In the industry for more than 50 years, and situated at such a prime location, it is no doubt many people know of them. Loo’s Hainanese has a legion of fans, a snaking queue during lunch time a spectacular taste to back it all up.

Pork chop has a layer of meat inside unlike the ones at Beo Crescent and Maxwell and Havelock – coated with a crispy fragrant batter. The curry is of a thicker consistency and its predictably sweet but carries a slight zest.

The curry isn’t the type to flood the whole plate so it looks less messy. Instead, it is just drizzled on top of the ingredients. Would be better with more curry sauce which you can probably request or. Also, the extra assam fish alone costs $3.50…ouch.

Truly Test Kitchen (Truly Curry Rice)
153 Kampong Ampat, Jun Jie Industrial Building, #07-05, Singapore 326328
Open: daily 6am to 3pm (closed Sun)

Truly Test Kitchen is run by a pair of young Singaporean hawkers who have taken over a Hainanese curry rice legacy (formerly Truly Curry Rice) and now turned into an entire kopitiam serving other dishes as well. It is an injection of new blood to carry on the old traditions, and you have to appreciate the hard labour the young owners have chosen to pursue rather than sitting behind an office desk.

The Hainanese fried pork chop is juicy while still retaining a crisp exterior, soaking up really well with the mildly sweet, savoury curry. Generous portions are given, and one individual portion typically works out to be less than $4. Truly great value for truly delicious curry rice.

Red hill Hainanese Curry Rice 红山咖喱饭
Redhill Market and Food Centre, 85 Redhill Lane, #01-95, Singapore 150085
Open: 10.30am – 9.30pm (closed Sun)

Superb curry with distinct rich aroma of coconut and spices – a different style from the usual Hainanese curry. The sambal fish was great, with the sambal sauce done fiery yet tame enough for you to want more. Feels very homely yet I know my home can’t possibly cook till this standard for nuts.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Samster

10 Must Try Oyster Omelette aka Orh Luak In Singapore

Lim’s Fried Oysters
#01-32 Jalan Besar, 166 Berseh Food Centre Singapore 208877
Opening Hours: 7pm – 12am (Mon – Sun)

A ‘hidden’ find because still not many people known about this stall at Berseh Food Centre.

This is one of those old hawker stalls with a recipe that has been around for more than 40 years.

The homemade batter with secret spices and a perfect balance of flavours is what makes the Fried Oyster Omelette such a hit.

Focusing on one main dish also gives them the chance to pour all their time and attention in the preparation and execution of it, which is always a plus point.

There are three serving sizes of $5/$8/$10.

Where they got it right: the slightly-charred crispy outer layer contrasted with the gooey starchy middles.

They make the batter themselves along with two types of chilies for the fried oysters and the dip for oyster omelette. Like a symphony of textures and flavours in the mouth.

Only thing is, it is on the very greasy side and may put-off the health-conscious people.

Ah Chuan Fried Oyster Omelette
22D Lor 7 Toa Payoh, #01-25, Singapore 314022
Opening Hours: 12pm – 3pm (Wed – Mon), Closed Tues

At Kim Keat Food Centre, expect a long line when you come here, especially when the stall is only opened for 3 hours (or less) a day.

Reminisce the old-school flavours of this dish, that can be hard to find in Singapore now.

Their Fried Oyster Omelette ($5) is of very good portion. The almost crunchy edges have a perfect consistency against the gooey centre filled with juicy oysters.

But to me, the real draw is the seasoning that added to the batter that made it rather addictive.

There are several average stalls around that add too much starch, but Ah Chuan is not stingy on the eggs.

Hup Kee Fried Oyster Omelette
#01-73 500 Clemenceau Ave N, Newton Food Centre Singapore 229495
Opening Hours: 6pm – 12am (Tues – Sat), Closed Sun, Mon

While Newton has always been known to be a tourist food centre, and there are so many stalls selling more or less the same thing, this Oyster Omelette stall deserves the attention.

Hup Kee combines the richness of oysters, with the fluffiness of eggs and sticky heaviness of sweet potato paste to give you a hearty and filling meal.

Priced at $6, $8, $10, their signature Fried Oyster Omelette ($8) is quite filling, and deliciously crispy. On the oily and greasy side though.

But if you are a fan of oysters, you should enjoy this version as there are plenty of fat ones to pick.

Heng 興
Newton Food Centre #01-28, 500 Clemenceau Avenue North, Singapore 229495
Opening Hours: 6pm – 1:30am (Mon – Sun)

Heng 興, also at Newton Food Centre is awarded the Michelin Bib Gourmand.

While most customers seem to come for the Carrot Cake, their Fried Oyster Omelette ($5, $8, $10) would actually be what I would head for again.

There was this nice crisp layer of egg without being too starchy, accompanied with tasty plump oysters.

Huat Heng Fried Oyster
90 Whampoa Drive, #01-26 Whampoa Drive Hawker Centre, Singapore 320090
Opening Hours: 1pm – 9pm (Mon – Sun)

Huat Heng Fried Oyster is listed in the Singapore Michelin Guide with a “Michelin Plate”, offering the popular Fried Oyster at $5, $8, or $10.

The way the baby oysters are fried with the eggs is different from other stalls, as you don’t get clumpy, large pieces of fried batter.

The batter is cut up with a spatula during frying so you get a more even presentation.

A notable difference is that while portion seems smaller, the outer eggy layer is more crisp and not so starchy.

Their chili sauce is worth mentioning for its inherent sourness, with a subtle taste of lime.

Ang Sa Lee Oyster Omelette
Stall #33, 20 Kensington Park Rd, Singapore 557269
Opening Hours: 5pm – 11pm (Mon – Sun)

There are a couple of stalls serving up in Oyster Omelette at Chomp Chomp Food Centre, but I personally prefer this stall.

The oysters were plump and juicy, and its sour-spicy chilli deserve a mention.

Ang Sa Lee stall serves up both Fried Oyster aka Orh Jian ($5, $8, $10) and Oyster Omelette ($6, $8, $10).

What I liked was the lack of excessive starch (which some hawker stalls can gear to), and it is generous with the amount of eggs.

However, its eggs were fried to the more ‘soggy’ style without those crispy edges as I would have preferred, and could be a little greasy.

Ah Orh Seafood Restaurant
115 Jalan Bukit Merah, #01-1627, Singapore 160115
Opening Hours: 11am – 2pm, 5:30pm – 10pm

Indulge in traditional Teochew dishes and one of the best oyster omelettes in town.

This is a famous zi char restaurant at the older estate of Jalan Bukit Merah that serves authentic Teochew dishes.

The restaurant is claimed to be one of the best places to get oyster omelettes in Singapore by many loyal customers.

The secret lies in their preparation of the dish. The Oyster Omelette ($13) has very rich flavour of oysters that are pre-boiled, cooked and fried with gravy containing oyster sauce.

It was not starchy at all, giving you all the eggs, eggs, eggs and scrumptious oysters. Just look at those.

Maddie’s Kitchen
Far East Plaza 02-10/11/12/13, 14 Scotts Road Singapore 228213
Opening Hours: 11am – 9pm (Mon – Sun)

Few would expect to find Oyster Omelette in a Far East Plaza eatery.

Owner Mui Leng first learnt to cook Oyster Omelette not in Singapore, but from her yearly winter vacations at Hokkaido. She fell in love with the fresh large sashimi grade oysters and wanted to see how she could incorporate that with her own recipe.

This resulted in a version ($10.80, $15.80, $20.80) with crispy layers, fluffy eggs and creamy plump oysters sourced from Korea.

Yes, complete with that specific tangy chilli sauce.

You may not get that high heat and greasiness associated with what you have at the hawker centres, but this is one version that strikes the proportion right with the egg and gooey starch.

The fat Korean oysters definitely elevates the dish.

85 Bedok North Fried Oyster 勿洛北85蚝煎
Blk 85, Bedok North Street 4 #01-09/10 Fengshan Hawker Center, Singapore 460085
Opening Hours: 4pm – 2am (Mon – Sun)

The hawker dish of “Orh Luak” (or Fried Oyster Omelette) was dragged into politics a few years ago, and it certainly made some of the stalls at Bedok 85 aka Fengshan Food Centre even more popular.

85 Bedok North Fried Oyster serves more than just Orh Luak, and also includes White or Black Carrot Cake ($2.50, $3), Fresh Cockles Kway Teow ($3, $4), and Fried Hokkien Mee ($3.50, $4, $5).

Their Orh Luak ($5, $8) was visually rich in colours, featuring plump oysters and eggs topped with some fresh Chinese parsley.

Their style of frying the egg happens to be part crisp and part fluffy. However, it was neither particularly crisp nor fluffy, and could be better if it went more on the crisp side. Not bad, not fantastic.

Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters
Singapore Food Treats, 30 Raffles Ave, #01-09/12 Singapore Flyer, Singapore 03980
Opening Hours: 11:30am – 9pm (Mon – Sun)

Uncle Law who has been frying this for close to 50 years, says his entire family sells Orh Lua, having different stalls under different names around the island.

His Oyster Omelette ($8, $10) is full of fluffy eggs, light crispy on the outside, with fresh plump oysters on top.

However, do take note Singapore Food Treats at the Singapore Flyer is closed temporary, and Chinatown Food Street is undergoing revamp – it is unsure if the stall will return after that.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:30 PM
Samster

7 Must Try Curry Chicken Noodle In Singapore

Ah Heng Chicken Curry Bee Hoon Mee 亚王咖喱鸡米粉麵
Blk 531A, Upper Cross Street #02-57/58, Hong Lim Market and Food Centre, Singapore 051531
Opening Hours: 10am – 9pm (Mon – Fri), 8am – 9pm (Sat – Sun)

The lone item in Ah Heng’s stall is Chicken Curry Bee Hoon Mee ($5, $6, $7) available in different sizes.

This dish is made with bee hoon (rice noodles) or yellow-noodles in a laksa-resembling curry broth, topped with ingredients like chunks of potato, spongy tau pok (fried bean curd), slices of fish cake, bean sprouts, and the main protein of Hainanese chicken.

My personal favourite part are usually the potatoes – soft, delicate, yet does not disintegrate within.

The noodles have a smooth, slippery texture so it is best to eat them with a soup spoon. Served with a saucer of special sambal chili on the side.

While the base was OILY, it was not too heavy or rich as the usual curries, so it is actually possible to finish drinking.

Heng Kee Curry Chicken Noodle 興記咖哩雞米粉麵
Blk 531A, Upper Cross Street #01-58, Hong Lim Market and Food Centre, Singapore 051531
Opening Hours: 10:30am – 2:30pm (Tues – Sat), Closed Sun, Mon

Some prefer upstairs, other prefer downstairs. (Ah Heng has a more predictable, mass friendly taste; while Heng Kee is really aromatic.)

Heng Kee said to be the original here, serves up Curry Chicken Noodles in two sizes – standard bowl ($5.50), big bowl ($8).

Take note that the wait can get rather extended even the queue doesn’t seem THAT long. The hawker here chops up the chicken upon order, ensuring better freshness.

The curry tends to be rich and spicy, but not as coconuty. That sambal chilli sauce (take just one saucer) is the best accompaniment you can add to the gravy, as it enhances the flavours.

And the tau pok pieces which are cut up to bigger slices, soaking up all those curry gravy that they have been cooked in, are ultra-shiokness.

Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodle
Golden Mile Food Centre B1-53, 505 Beach Road Singapore 199583
Opening Hours: 11am – 8pm (Tues – Sun)

”My curry nice or not? How did you hear about us?” Auntie was super friendly when she found out it was the first time my friend had tried her Curry Chicken Noodles.

The Curry Chicken Noodles ($5, $6) comes with big pieces of poached chicken, soft potatoes, fishcake slices, tau pok, soft bean sprouts, and the best thing… pig’s skin. They are indeed generous with the ingredients.

The curry gravy which is made with fresh coconut milk, didn’t taste overly greasy and was quite ‘drinkable’ – you could just finish the entire bowl.

I would say it was just balanced and not too rich or lemak.

Poached chicken was tender and quite moist. This Curry Chicken Noodles stall also sells Chicken Rice, might as well right?

Hock Hai (Hong Lim) Curry Chicken Noodle 福海(芳林)咖喱鸡米粉面
208 New Upper Changi Road, #01-58 Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre, Singapore 462208
Opening Hours: 9:30am – 10:30pm (Mon – Sun)

Hock Hai (Hong Lim) Curry Chicken Noodle has been around way before Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre’s renovation in 2013.

Known for its noodle bowls that brim with ingredients, it offers Curry Chicken Noodles ($4, $5, $6) at generous portions.

In the stall, a large pot of curry filled with ingredients will entice you even from afar with its fresh-cooked aroma.

The Curry Chicken Noodle was served in piping hot curry soup that was fragrant, medium-bodied and mildly spicy.

Prepared home-style ala grandma’s way of cooking, the soup tasted mildly sweet, savoury and spicy from the blend of different spices and coconut milk.

If you are thinking that the gravy would be thick and rich like curry, this is actually closer to Laksa’s consistency.

After trying out a number of Curry Noodles in Singapore, this came across as more mild and not that overpowering. I can imagine some people would prefer curries that are more flavourful and aromatic.

Fu Hai Curry Chicken Noodles
Albert Centre Market & Food Centre #01-104, 270 Queen Street, Singapore 180270
Opening Hours: 8:30am – 7pm (Mon – Sun)

Another Curry Chicken Noodles that state “no other branches”, and is called “Fu Hai”. One wonders its relation to the other “Fu Hai” (Hock Hai” at Bedok Interchange Food Centre.

Priced at $5, one of the reason why the curry gravy is flavourful is that it is cooked using chicken stock.

Only fresh chickens between 1.9 and 2kg are picked, poached then iced so that the chicken meat remains tender and succulent.

I thought that the gravy was on the lighter side, and not as intense and full-flavoured as some of the others. However, if you prefer something not too heavy, this could be a suitable choice.

Sheng Kee Curry Chicken Noodle
#01-45 Jln Besar, 166 Berseh Food Centre Singapore 208877
Opening Hours: 6am – 3:30pm (Tues – Sun), Closed Mon

This was a surprise find. I ordered it without expecting much as it is not considered famous, but this was one delicious bowl of Curry Chicken Noodles. (I think I actually prefer this to the “Michelin” stall.)

Plus, uncle was very friendly as well. He would ask if which part of the chicken you prefer (like breast, thigh, or drumstick) and you would request for more bean sprouts and tau pok.

The Curry Chicken Noodles ($4, $5, $6) comes in three portion sizes, loaded with ingredients in a bowl of curry soup – large tender chunks of succulent poached chicken, bean sprout, soft potatoes, taupok and fish cakes.

There is this hearty taste from the curry gravy yet not overly rich or oily, with a filling and delicious goodness of tender chicken and noodles.

If you want a stronger flavour, add a spoonful of chili and toss it with the noodles.

Yam Mee
209 Hougang Street 21, Kovan Market and Food Centre 01-35, Singapore 530209
Opening Hours: 7am – 9pm (Tues – Sun), Closed Mon

Interesting that Hougang’s Kovan Market and Food Centre has a number of stalls selling Curry Chicken Noodles – but it is a more by-the-way thing.

The two more prominent stalls are FA JI Minced Meat Fishball Noodle and Yam Mee – both have their own fans.

Yam Mee serves up Curry Chicken Mee ($4) with gravy consistency that is closer to Laksa’s – so it is more on the ‘diluted’ side and may lack of the lemak richness.

While the poached chicken was relatively moist, they were not chopped up that properly and thus bony. Still not bad a try, but I guess people are really here for the fishballs.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 55 / Power: 6
Ogatoo deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I see good food found everywhere in SG.
Expect Toa Payoh
I like the rojak at HDB hub food centre
Old 04-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Samster

18 Must Eat In Singapore West Side

1. 58 Minced Meat Noodle

It is not easy to find decent food portions going at $2.50 nowadays, but cheap food at Taman Jurong Market and Hawker Centre are aplenty. Like this bowl of minced meat noodles, which had a queue even in between the breakfast and lunch hours.

Springy noodles, with a splash of vinegar and plenty of pork lard make this dish tasty. The chilli was the star for me though; it was not only savoury but fragrant, and went very well with the noodles.

58 Minced Meat Noodle: 3 Yung Sheng Road, Taman Jurong Market and Food Centre #03-150, Singapore 618499

2. Feng Zhen Lor Mee

The thought of slurping down this bowl of Lor Mee ($3.00) makes my mouth water. Of course, the main character of this dish would be the gravy. Thick and smooth, the gravy coated the noodles well and had a pleasant, garlicky taste. The vinegar gave it a nice sourness to it. The great thing is that you get to adjust the dish to your own taste by scooping less or more of the garlic, vinegar or chilli provided at the counter.

Feng Zhen Lor Mee: 3 Yung Sheng Road, Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre #03-146, Singapore 618499

3. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa

Even the heat could not deter me from trying out this bowl of laksa. The gravy was just nice, not too thick and was very fragrant. The taste the coconut milk was very much present yet did not make me feel gelat. The chilli added a good amount of spice to it. Served with thick bee hoon, to which the gravy clung on nicely, this is quite the well-balanced bowl of laksa.

Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa: Blk 347 Jurong East Ave 1, Yuhua Market and Hawker Centre #01-207, Singapore 600347

4. Lu Fang Zhou Pin

I have to hand it to the stall owners, who managed the queue by cooking so many pots of congee at the same time. But it is no wonder that people flock to the store for congee even in the appalling weather. I tried the Sliced Fish Congee ($3.50), which was very appetising and aromatic. Every spoon was delicious, and the fish slices were fresh and cooked perfectly.

Lu Fang Zhou Pin: Blk 347 Jurong East Ave 1, Yuhua Market and Hawker Centre #01-206, Singapore 600347

5. Xing Yun Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice

This well-loved dish here features and oily rice, which was tasty and fragrant. The chicken was smooth and cooked quite well without any red and raw meat. Other than that, the queue at the stall speaks for itself.

Xing Yun Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice: Blk 347 Jurong East Ave 1, Yuhua Market and Hawker Centre #01-202, Singapore 600347

6. He Jia Huan Ban Mien Mee Hoon Kway

I was there at 4.30pm to beat the dinner crowd, but already there was a short queue in front of the stall. I had the dry mee hoon kway, which was mixed in a bit of the eggy broth the kway was cooked in, some dark sauce and chilli. The result was a slightly, watery gravy which kept the kway moist, and I really liked how the bits of egg were mixed into it.

He Jia Huan Ban Mien Mee Hoon Kway: Blk 496 Jurong West Street 41, Singapore 640496

7. Joo Siah Bak Koot Teh

The soup here is extremely peppery but very shiok. I would suggest first-timers to have a small sip of the soup to condition themselves so they do not end up getting a shock. So strong the soup is that it easily seeps into the meat, which is full of flavour. Also, the pork is surprisingly tender. Needless to say I sucked the bones clean.

Joo Siah Bak Koot Teh: Blk 349 Jurong East Ave 1, Singapore 600349

8. Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak

Even people who live in the East or Central would have heard of this Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak. Open until 2am in the morning, this stall is quite a famous supper place. Good-sized portions and reasonable pricing, coupled with fragrant coconut rice, sweet chilli and crisp chicken wings – all are clear reasons for their popularity.

Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak: Blk 221B Boon Lay Place, Boon Lay Place Market and Food Centre, #01-06, Singapore 642221

9. Soon Huat Cooked Food

Sesame oil is one of my favourite condiments and if you are like me, you will love Soon Huat’s Sesame Oil Chicken ($3.50 w/o rice). The dark gravy of the dish is savoury and fragrant, perfect for pairing with white rice. The chicken was extremely soft and fell apart easily when I prodded the meat with my chopsticks. This dish would make for great comfort food material, especially on a rainy day.

Soon Huat Cooked Food: Blk 448 Clementi Ave 3, #01-08, Singapore 120448

10. Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodle

This Fried Prawn Mee ($4.00) is the drier style, but wow the gravy packs a punch. It clings to the noodles very well and makes the dish nice and savoury. I was also pleasantly surprised by how fresh the prawns and squid rings were. My only woe is the small portion of chilli they gave. More of that tasty sambal please!

Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodle: Blk 448 Clementi Ave 3, #01-12, Singapore 120448

11. Yong Fa Hainanese Curry Rice and Curry Fish Head

I always get excited about having curry but whenever I have thin, unsatisfying ones I get a little disappointed. The curry at Yong Fa is a different story though. Besides offering curry fish and curry fish head, you get to have a huge ladle of curry poured over your rice when you order their rice and sides (cai fan style). The curry is just thick enough, with a nice, spicy kick and something in the aroma I cannot quite name, but was very delicious indeed.

Yong Fa Hainanese Curry Rice and Curry Fish Head: Blk 448 Clementi Ave 3, #01-25, Singapore 120448

12. Fried Carrot Cake

This stall, very simply named, sells the old-school version of carrot cake, all chopped up. The carrot cake there has a nice bite to it, slightly crispy with bits of salted radish and omelette all mixed together. So popular is the carrot cake here that the stall is only open in the mornings.

Fried Carrot Cake: Blk 448 Clementi Ave 3, #01-45, Singapore 120448

13. Xin Sheng Gor Hiong Prawn Crackers

Popular as it is, the service from this stall is still efficient. So no worries about having to wait too long for some good food. The Ngoh Hiang is a signature, but besides that the prawn fritters are crispy and not overly oily. Dip them into the chilli sauce for an added buzz and eat it with a plate of their bee hoon for a complete meal.

Xin Sheng Gor Hiong Prawn Crackers: Boon Lay Place Food Village #01-164, Block 221B Boon Lay Place, Singapore 642221

14. ENAQ Restaurant

ENAQ serves crispy, hot pratas that are not too greasy. Pair them with some of their special ikan bilis belachan chilli. The generous portions and affordable prices make up for how ulu this place is. Must tries include their Cheese Prata ($2.00), Fish Curry and Chicken Murtabak ($6.00).

ENAQ restaurant: Block 303 Jurong East Street 32, Singapore 600303 | Tel: 6899 0842

15. Zai Shun Curry Fish Head

I love steamed fish, because besides being a healthier alternative, it can be very delicious if cooked well. Zai Shun is a great place to go for this dish, as their fishes are extremely fresh. You can even pick the kind of fish you want. Beware though, if you plan to go during the weekend. Go early or risk a long wait!

Zai Shun Curry Fish Head: Block 253 Jurong East Street 24, #01-205, Singapore 600253

16. Richie’s Crispy Puff

Fancy a crispy, spicy curry puff at two in the morning? Drop by Richie’s Crispy Puff to satisfy that craving. Conveniently located in the heartlands, its 24 hours operating time means you can have their puffs anytime. Besides the good ol’ curry puff, they have other unique flavours such as lemon tuna, Thai spicy crab and durian.

Richie’s Crispy Puff: 349 Jurong East Ave 1, Singapore 600349

17. Lai Heng Handmade Teochew Kueh

Watch the aunties mould and stuff the kuehs while you get one of your own. The kuehs here are freshly made by hand, everyday, and a few to try are the Soon Kueh and the Rice Kueh. The skin of their kuehs are thin and chewy, and fillings well seasoned.

Lai Heng Handmade Teochew Kueh: Yuhua Market and Hawker Centre, #01-218, Blk 347 Jurong East Ave 1, Singapore 600347

18. Fei Fei Roasted Noodles 肥肥烧腊.云吞麵

Try to avoid peak hours at this amazing Wanton mee ($3) in Jurong East, touted as one of the best in Singapore. The char siew and duck are charcoal roasted in store everyday, and have that taste of nostalgia you won’t find anywhere else in Singapore.

Fei Fei Roasted Noodles: Blk 254 Jurong East St 24, Yuhua Village Market & Food Centre, #01-28 Singapore 600254
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1