The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

View Poll Results: Will Fabio Capello be successful for the England post
His many titles in Italy & Spain speaker volumns of his capability. 3 42.86%
He is to defensive minded. 2 28.57%
He will not last long,as he cannot deliver. 0 0%
He is there just to show that a foreigner is good for the England jib. 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 21-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...rmband?cc=4716

Terry reveals captaincy hopes

Aft being named England's permanent captain 1s again, John Terry says he always hoped tat he would reclaim the armband lost amid a tabloid storm last February.

Terry was reinstated as skipper by Fabio Capello over the weekend with previous incumbent Rio Ferdinand missing the Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales due 2 injury. The ManU defender is reported 2 be angry over the manner of his removal.

Though Steven Gerrard & Frank Lampard hv also captained England in Ferdinand's absence, Capello chose 2 give Terry the honour on a permanent basis, just 13 months aft he was stripped of the armband following allegations of an affair with the former partner of then international team-mate Wayne Bridge.

"I moved on very quickly fr the decision abt losing the captaincy & I've never fallen out with the manager," Terry told The Sun. "But I've never given up hope tat I will captain England again.

"When the manager told me in tat meeting @ Wembley tat I was losing the job I accepted & respected his decision - even though I did not necessarily agree with it - shook his hand & his assistant Franco Baldini's hand & told them I'd always give 100%.

"The manager said he really appreciated tat & hoped tat would be the case. Since then he's said 2 me hw I've done tat & he's been proud of me 4 it. I've always respected him as a coach, a manager & as a man."

Terry also attracted controversy during England's ill-fated WC campaign when he publicly discussed squad morale & said he would confront Capello in an infamous press conference. Capello later described his speech as "a very big mistake", but Terry says there are no lingering problems betw player & manager.

"Any1 who ever asks me abt Fabio, I can only say good words abt him & tat's the truth, regardless of wat people might hear," Terry said. "People look @ wat's happened betw us & think there must be trouble but there isn't. There's no problem, really. I've got nothing but respect 4 him. Hopefully, tat's the same the other way.

"Fabio has been great. I've got 2 give him loads of credit 4 tat. When he came in, tactically he was spot on in & around the place. I was really impressed with him, I genuinely was. Whatever's gone on, losing the captaincy & the like, I still think he's a great manager & right up there with the best of them, especially on the training field."
Old 21-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Samster

joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...al-of-?cc=4716

Hoddle critical of "rigid" Capello tactics

Glenn Hoddle claims England will win nothing if manager Fabio Capello continues 2 stick rigidly 2 his favoured 4-4-2 formation.

Former England boss Hoddle, who succeeded Terry Venables aft Euro 96 & was dismissed in February 1999, considers Capello's set-up 2 inflexible & 2 predictable 4 international football.

And he warned tat England, who face Wales in Euro 2012 qualifying on Saturday, will hv little chance of triumphing @ major tournaments unless there is a change in formation.

"I think (Frank) Lampard & (Steven) Gerrard r made 4 3 in midfield," Hoddle said on a live video chat on ESPNsoccernet. "Those 2, with a sitting player behind, r tailor-made 2 get in the box & do wat they're good @.

"I don't see us winning anything if we stick 2 a rigid 4-4-2.''

England endured a disappointing WC 2010 under Capello, with many people calling 4 the Italian 2 be sacked as a result, & Hoddle thinks the lack of an alternative formation is partly 2 blame.

Hoddle said: "2 many times in the WC u could see the shape when we were in possession & we were 2 easy 2 close down & tat was our problem.

"I don't see flexibility with England @ the moment. I think we're very rigid with the way we're playing.''
Old 26-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nd-job?cc=4716

Terry: Capello still cares

John Terry insists Fabio Capello & England r focused, determined & ready 2 take on Wales in Cardiff on Saturday despite the negative headlines tat hv dominated the build-up 2 the Euro 2012 qualifier.

The way England boss Capello handled the reinstatement of Terry as skipper @ the expense of Rio Ferdinand, who was not personally informed of the decision by the Italian, had brought criticism fr the England press & seen questioned the coach's emotional & mental commitment 2 the team he will leave when their European Championship campaign ends.

Midfielder Gareth Barry suggested tis week Capello has adopted a more relaxed attitude in recent times compared 2 the strict disciplinary approach he took when he was 1st appointed but Terry refuted claims the manager no longer cares or has gone soft, citing an incident in training tat proved 2 the team Capello's desire 2 win still burns strong.

Terry said: "There's a determination fr him. It's been there on the training pitch tis week. I've seen things saying he doesn't really care, but it's the complete opposite. He's lost his rag in training a couple of times, even in fairly light sessions where he's been cheesed off when we haven't done wat he's asked. We had quite a light session on Thursday, a tough 1 on Wednesday, corners & set-plays, lads attacking the ball. The lads weren't doing it right & he made it known.

"We can be doing the most simple thing, attacking corners & a bit of flair fr the lads, but he didn't like it. He got frustrated. He said we were all s**t. Tat's him. He 1s everything 2 be right on the training pitch & covers every angle as well off the pitch, with videos b4 games. Tat hunger fr him rubs off on the players. He's still got tat hunger.''

For his part, Capello stressed tat he is still fully engaged with the task @ hand. When asked if England hv his full attention, Capello pointed 2 England's on-field fortunes & talked of the importance of matches, hinting he sees the attention given by the media 2 off-field issues as more a peripheral distraction & less a cause 4 concern or discussion.

"If my mind's not OK 2 drive tis team, I go home,'' he said. "We hv played 3 games, we hv 7 points & we've played some games very well. Absolutely [I still enoy the job]. For me, the most important thing is 2 be focused on the games. It is my job. 2 go around & see the games. 2 monitor the players. 2 do different things.''

Terry is adamant Capello alrdy stating he will quit in 15 months time has had no detrimental effect on England.

He said: "It does not affect the players 2 know Fabio will be going aft the Euros. It's the same with players. I know players @ Chelsea with a year left on their deals. Who knows wat could happen? He's come out & said he's going 2 leave but, as players, you learn 2 deal with things like tat. People leave, whether they're managers or players. It's something in the environment you deal with.''

Terry added: "I don't think we r in need of a change (of head coach). As a nation, we suffer tat a bit even in the Premier League with the big teams. The only 1 who doesn't suffer tat is Sir Alex Ferguson. Even at Chelsea you get that when you lose a few games.

"People r saying abt Carlo (Ancelotti) losing his job which is ludicrous aft everything he's done the year b4 (winning the double) & the respect the players hv 4 him. It's very much the same here. Fabio is the man in charge & will be until aft the Euro 2012. We firmly believe, he firmly believes, tat we can still improve & must improve in tis campaign leading up 2 tat tournament.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...n-grip?cc=4716

Barry: Capello has relaxed

Gareth Barry says the England camp is now a more relaxed place under Fabio Capello & tat the players remain firmly behind a manager who has been repeatedly criticised by the national media.

Capello was lauded 4 his hard-line approach when 1st replacing Steve McClaren in December 2007 but his strict regime was criticised @ the WC last summer as players were largely confined 2 their hotel rooms.

Ahead of England's Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales on Saturday, Barry says Capello has mellowed recently though & tat the team hotel is a happier place as a result.

"On the training pitch nothing has changed. He's still pretty hands on," Barry said in a press conference. "If there's anything not right he's stamping down on it. Maybe around the hotel he's a little bit more relaxed.

"There was talk b4 abt meetings & players turning up 20 minutes early. It was a bit more pressure on the players 2 be everywhere spot on the right time. It just seems the players r a bit more relaxed around the manager.

"The rules r still there & the players r still respecting them. But the players aren't on their toes looking over their shoulders [thinking]: is the manager watching? We can relax a bit more. The manager is not going 2 be on us 24/7. We can enjoy our time rather than worry abt it. The feeling around the place is a lot more relaxed & more enjoyable."

Barry also said tat if England do qualify 4 Euro 2012, they will hv 2 employ a different approach 2 structuring their days in betw games, as the itinerary imposed by Capello did not help morale.

"I spoke to Nigel de Jong who seemed pretty relaxed," Barry said of the WC last summer. "They were set in a hotel where they could walk out, get a feel of the area, go in2 town, spending a couple of hours & come back.

"That was probably the main difference tat we didn't do where we were. There was a safari & the manager let us play golf. Maybe we were just on top of each other a bit 2 much. We hv 2 qualify 4 the Euros & then look @ lessons learned fr the last WC, how we can improve & do it differently."

Despite his misgivings about England's time in Rustenburg, Barry says the team r behind Capello as they aim 2 make amends 4 a 0-0 draw against Montenegro in their previous Euro 2012 qualifier. Barry said: "We r fully backing the manager."

In Wales, England face a side tat r yet 2 take a point fr their 3 Euro 2012 qualifiers. They hv a new manager in Gary Speed but Everton defender Phil Jagielka feels only a handful of Wales players would win a call-up under Capello.

"Probably only 3 or 4 of their players would be in our squad," he said. "But how many of the USA team would? Not many. Australia. Same again. But those teams r highly ranked. On paper we r massive favourites. But the game is not won on paper, is it?"
Old 27-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=299396&cc=4716

Comfortable win for Capello's men

Early Frank Lampard & Darren Bent goals turned the spotlight off Fabio Capello as England eased past Wales in the teams' Euro 2012 qualifier in Cardiff.

England manager Capello had endured a torrid week in the media over his handling of John Terry's reinstatement as captain & defeat @ the Millennium Stadium would hv seen the pressure increase considerably.

Yet tat seemed unlikely fr the moment Lampard struck with a 7th-min penalty & Bent doubled the advantage with a typical close-range finish 8 mins later.

Wales, having been overpowered in the 1st half, restored pride with a competitive display aft the break but Gary Speed could not be spared defeat in his 1st home international as manager.

The only major downside 4 England, who move 2 the top of Group G, was a booking 4 Wayne Rooney which will keep him out of the next qualifier against Switzerland in June.

England were rarely extended in the 1st period with the outstanding Ashley Young, playing alongside Rooney behind Bent, at the heart of all their good work.

Scott Parker, winning his 1st cap for 4 & a half years, was composed in front of the back 4 & Jack Wilshere, making his 1st competitive start, looked a natural fit in midfield.

Terry, although largely untested, did not put a foot wrong as he captained the team 4 the 1st time in 17 months.

Despite Wales' hopeless plight @ the bottom of the group, the hosts had relished the build-up 2 the encounter with Speed assembling 1 of the country's strongest squads 4 some time.

His plans suffered a setback when the dangerous Gareth Bale was forced 2 withdraw earlier in the week but home passion was clearly in evidence in the opening stages.

Craig Bellamy was his usual fired-up self & stood his ground when confronted by Rooney aft catching the England striker.

Aaron Ramsey, becoming Wales' youngest-ever captain on his return 2 the side from a broken leg, was also keen 2 get in2 the action & a strong early surge offered encouragement.

Tat optimism was immediately punctured, however, as England went ahead fr the spot.

A slip by James Collins allowed Terry 2 slip in Young & the Wales defender clumsily brought down his Aston Villa team-mate as he tried 2 recover.

Lampard coolly sent Wayne Hennessey the wrong way & England went on 2 dominate the 1st half with ease.

Ashley Cole had a shot blocked by Ashley Williams b4 the visitors doubled their lead on 15 mins aft more good work by Young.

Glen Johnson sent Young racing clear down the right & his cross was clinically dispatched by Bent 6 yards out.

Hennessey then had 2 deal with a dangerous Young cross as England threatened again & Rooney picked out Bent with a superb 60-yard ball only 4 the striker 2 head wide.

Ramsey looked full of energy as he tried 2 haul Wales back in2 contention but was perhaps trying 2 hard 2 impress & was often left frustrated.

Wales did get the ball in2 the box when Bellamy lofted in a free-kick but Joe Hart punched clear under pressure fr Steve Morison.

Rooney was caught in midfield by Andrew Crofts & moments later was booked 4 a bad challenge on Joe Ledley, an indiscretion tat rules him out of the next game.

Young went close with a dipping effort aft spotting Hennessey off his line but the ball dropped over the bar.

At the other end Bellamy almost played in Andy King but Cole made a timely interception. Morison also broke in2 the area aft turning Michael Dawson but his cross was cleared.

Wales looked a different side aft the break but were almost caught out when a poor clearance by Hennessey allowed Young 2 cross but Rooney was unable 2 make contact.

Bellamy sent King clear with a fine thru ball but the Leicester midfielder blasted wide.

A chance opened up 4 English-born Morison but the Millwall striker's control let him down as he looked 4 his 1st international goal.

Ramsey then showed neat footwork on the edge of the area but was unable 2 keep his shot on target.

Lampard shot over 4 England but the visitors had clearly eased off.

The introduction of David Vaughan & Ched Evans 4 Wales failed 2 bring abt a breakthrough & England played out time as the game became scrappy.

Stewart Downing, a late replacement 4 Wilshere, shot narrowly wide aft a fine run in the 90th minute.

England remaining Euro 2012 qualification matches:
4 Jun 2011 - England vs Switzerland (England won 3-1 away on 7 Sept 2010)
2 Sep 2011 - Bulgaria vs England (England won 4-nil @ home on 3 Sept 2010)
6 Sep 2011 - England vs Wales (England won 2-nil away on 26 March 2011)
7 Oct 2011 - Montenegro vs England (England drew nil-all @ home on 12 Oct 2010)
Old 27-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...return?cc=4716

England stars allowed time off

England hv released 5 key players back 2 their clubs ahead of the upcoming friendly against Ghana.

Fabio Capello has allowed John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney & Michael Dawson 2 head back ahead of Tuesday's game @ Wembley.

With Chelsea, ManU & Tottenham all still involved in the Champions League, Capello has told the quintet - all of whom started Saturday's 2-0 victory over Wales - tat they will not be required 4 the fixture. In addition, Aston Villa full-back Kyle Walker has been ruled out by a groin injury.

Having given the armband back 2 Terry aft stressing the need 4 a permanent captain, Capello must find a new candidate 4 England's 1st international with Ghana.

Gareth Barry, who was dropped fr the team 2 face Wales, will be the fav aft wearing the armband 4 a spell during last month's friendly in Denmark.
Old 28-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-ghana?cc=4716

Barry confirmed as England skipper

Gareth Barry will wear the captain's armband when England take on Ghana @ Wembley on Tuesday evening.

Coach Fabio Capello released the 5 players who featured in the 2-0 win in Wales who also hv Champions League duty next week, which means skipper John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney & Michael Dawson hv all returned 2 their clubs.

Terry's absence means Capello had 2 give the armband 2 another player just days aft the Chelsea defender returned 2 the role on a permanent basis. With Lampard & the injured Rio Ferdinand & Steven Gerrard, who hv recently captained England, also not in the squad it meant Capello had 2 look elsewhere.

The favourite 2 lead the team against the WC quarter-finalists was always Barry, who was not even in the 18-man squad @ the Millennium Stadium.

Barry has worn the armband twice in the past, taking over fr Steven Gerrard & Frank Lampard respectively when they were substituted in international friendlies against Egypt & Denmark.

"He's a good player, a good captain,'' said Capello. "He's also the player with the most England caps.''

Capello will use the game 2 experiment with fringe players & revealed he will make 7 or 8 changes 2 the side which started on Saturday. Andrew Carroll, Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill & Phil Jagielka r confirmed starters but Scott Parker, who played so well in Cardiff, is carrying a knock & will be assessed. But on Monday, Glen Johnson was the only absentee fr training of the 20 players still @ Capello's disposal.

"If Parker is fit he will play,'' he added. "He's got some little problem but I hope he will be fit.

"It will be interesting 4 the fans 2 see some players they know very well, it will be interesting 4 me & 4 the fans. The players who will play will be really good players, it's really important 4 the players 2 understand the spirit of the team & I hope 2morrow we can see the spirit on the pitch like in the 1st 30 mins against Wales.

"The players tat aren't here, those tat went home, r not here becos if you r tired it is easy 2 be injured.''

Barry backed Capello's decision 2 release 5 senior players, although he admitted he could understand fans' disappointment.

"I can certainly see the reasons 4 (Capello's) decision,'' Barry said. "It's a tough part of the season, there r good reasons why the players were let home. There will be a few players chomping @ the bit 2 take their chance.''

"The fans hv bought their tickets 2 maybe see certain individuals play 4 England, but the players selected were in the 26 fr the start.''

On being named captain, Barry said: "It's obviously going 2 be a massive moment in my career, a proud 1. I'll be the same player as I always m. You don't put the armband on & change.''

The ManC midfielder claimed he was not thinking abt whether being named captain made up 4 being left out of the team 2 face Wales.

"I'm not trying 2 look @ it in tat sort of way, tat's gone now,'' he said. "I was obviously disappointed not 2 be involved, but 2 days later I am being asked 2 lead the country out.''

Ghana r likely 2 ring the changes 2, having beaten Congo 3-0 on Sunday in an African Nations Cup qualifier with the goals coming fr Prince Tagoe, Dominic Adiyiah & Sulley Muntari.

Meanwhile, Gerrard has revealed tat Capello phoned him 2 explain the captaincy situation. The Liverpool skipper led England @ the WC finals with Ferdinand ruled out of the tournament.

He said: "I did get a call. The manager just explained wat he had been doing. He didn't hv 2. The manager's paid 2 make big decisions & he's made the decision. We all hv 2 respect it & move on.

"The captaincy's very important, I know wat it means 2 John & he's been frustrated since he lost it. Everyone's obviously upset 4 Rio but pleased 4 John, & as a player being in the middle is difficult."

Capello has also admitted tat England made a mistake over Rooney's disciplinary situation, with the coaching staff failing 2 warn the striker tat he was 1 booking away fr a suspension. Tat now means he misses the important date with Switzerland @ Wembley on June 4.

Capello said: "Usually we tell players but tis time no. Rooney misses the next game & when I told him he said 'Why?' He was surprised. He didn't realise he'd been booked b4.

"Rooney 1s 2 win every tackle & I changed him in the 2nd half becos if he had got another yellow card he would hv been sent off."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-wales?cc=4716

Lampard: I feared the axe

Frank Lampard has accepted tat he will no longer be an automatic choice 4 England following the emergence of Jack Wilshere & the performance of Scott Parker against Wales.

Lampard started against Wales in Cardiff, scoring the opening goal fr the penalty spot, but there had been speculation tat he would be left on the bench in favour of ManC's James Milner.

The Chelsea star, who skippered the side in Denmark last month, is well aware tat he may not be a fixture in the side in the future, esp when Steven Gerrard is available again.

Lampard, who turns 33 in June, said of the speculation abt his role @ the Millennium Stadium: "With England, tat happens. I've been around a long time & been lucky enough 2 be very regular, & I tried not 2 let it concern me.

"We don't get the papers in there but I was aware of the talk. It's a good squad, a strong squad, & never 4 any minute should any player be resting on their laurels abt getting picked. Tat's it.

"I'm 32 now & hv been around a long time. So it wasn't a sleepless night. I obviously 1 2 play & contribute, so I tried 2 work hard in training & try 2 give my best all the time."

Lampard praised the performance of his midfield partners in Wales.

"Scott [Parker] carried on doing wat he does 4 West Ham," Lampard said. "He's been fantastic @ tat all season & the benefit of having an extra man in midfield showed itself.

"The 3 of us in there, particularly in the 1st half, allowed us 2 really get a grip of the game. I think it's nice. It allows u 2 get a bit more 4ward. It allows you 2 get tighter in midfield &, you know, sometimes it's not tat easy.

"We played Denmark in a friendly &, sometimes, when there r people behind u, you can't always commit 2 getting tight 2 their deep-lying midfield players. There was the bonus today of having the extra man in there 2 allow us 2 push in tight.

"We won tat game early with our performance. We had a plan 2 press up high, win the ball back quickly & not let them play, & tat worked completely. They couldn't get out of their own half much, esp in the 1st half an hour, & tat's where the game was won: being 2-0 up fr there.

"The atmosphere was brilliant. They wanted 2 use tat atmosphere 2 inspire their players &, when you've got tat behind you, it does inspire. But, as the team coming here, u hv 2 let it inspire you 2.

"We had 2 win tis & it was a game tat, on paper, we should hv won even if it was not going 2 be easy. We did it. With Switzerland coming up, if we can win tat game as well, we'll put ourselves in a strong position."

Meanwhile, John Terry praised new central defensive partner Michael Dawson, who he believes fully deserves his chance in international football.

But Terry feels the centre-half has reaped the benefits of playing Champions League football after recovering fr his injury setbacks.

Terry said: "There is a lot of competition @ centre-back but Michael has made the position his own really. In the Champions League he has been really good 4 Tottenham tis season & maybe tat is the key 4 him as well.

"Playing in the big competitions against the big players can only help any1 as a player. Michael has certainly done well in the last couple of games 4 England.

"There were some real positives 2 come out of it again. Ashley Young, I thought again was superb, Scott Parker & young Jack Wilshere also did well."
Old 29-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...d-talk?cc=4716

Capello hits out at Mourinho

England manager Fabio Capello maintains tat he would never comment on rumours tat Jose Mourinho was the FA's 1st choice 2 replace Steve McClaren in 2007 out of ''respect''.

Mourinho, speaking in L'Equipe tis week, had claimed he was within "hours" taking the England job b4 changing his mind. "I almost signed up," he said. "But @ the last moment I pulled back, preferring 2 wait 4 the right job 2 come along, a good club, a challenge tat could motivate me. Tat was Internazionale."

Asked abt Mourinho's remarks ahead of the friendly clash with Ghana, Capello initially claimed it did not matter 2 him who the FA had on their list.

"I don't know," he said. "Tis is a question 4 the chairman tat chose me, not 4 me. It does not matter. Absolutely not. Every time a club or a national team decides 2 choose a manager, they decide 2 speak with a lot of managers. It's normal. Tis is not different."

But then he delivered a sideswipe 2 Mourinho in claiming he would never talk abt another job.

"I don't like 2 speak abt my relationship with other clubs or teams out of respect 4 other managers,'' he added. ''I don't like 2 speak abt tis. I've said enough."

Capello also claimed tat criticism he has not picked up the English language aft 3-&-a-half years is unfounded, as he only needs 100 words 2 get his point across.

''When I speak with the players they understand everything & tat is wat is important in tis job,'' he said.

''If I need 2 speak abt the economy or other things, I can't, but when you speak abt tactics, you don't use a lot of words. I don't hv 2 speak abt alot of different things. Maximum 100 words.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...career?cc=4716

Carroll warned over drinking

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll's career will stall if he does not curb his drinking habits, according 2 England boss Fabio Capello.

Capello has held private talks on the subject with Carroll, who will make his 2nd England start in Tuesday's friendly with Ghana @ Wembley.

Although Carroll has enjoyed a meteoric rise tis season, earning a £35 million move 2 Anfield in January, his private life has come under scrutiny.

The 22-year-old has been caught up in a string of alcohol-fuelled bust-ups, & was fined £1,000 by former club Newcastle in October following a nightclub fight.

"Look, he's young. Really young," Capello said. "But his behaviour now is really important. He needs 2 be careful @ every moment. When you play with England you r the focus of the fans, the newspapers, the photographers, the people who live around you.

"I spoke with him privately. I think not only Andy likes 2 drink beer. He's strong. He's a good forward. But he needs 2 improve, 2 drink less."
Old 31-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ermany?cc=4716

Capello: Next gen can be new Germany

Fabio Capello is hoping his emerging England team k be spoken of in the same deferential tones as Germany were aft last summer's WC.

Although Spain left South Africa with the WC, it was Germany who attracted the most plaudits 4 a vibrant, young team including Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira, Thomas Muller & Manuel Neuer.

England's team of established Premier League stars, meanwhile, were criticised 4 the underachievement @ the tournament. But Capello is confident a new dawn is on the way 4 his England side & tat the fresh faces he is now bringing thru could soon draw the sort of praise Germany did last year.

At Wembley on Tuesday night, he included 1 player in his starting line-up, Jack Wilshere, who was making his 4th appearance, another, Andy Carroll, winning his 2nd cap & handed debuts 2 Danny Welbeck & Matt Jarvis fr the substitutes' bench.

Given England were still able 2 get within an injury-time Asamoah Gyan equaliser of a victory over a very impressive Ghana outfit, little wonder Capello was in such a buoyant mood.

"I hope tat people will talk abt us like they did abt Germany,'' said Capello. "We hv got some young players who r really good 4 the future. These players r improving alot & playing with confidence.''

Capello also offered name-checks 2 Joe Hart & Gary Cahill, although it was Ashley Young who was given the greatest backing of all. Previously, Young had been viewed by Capello as 1 of the players who shrank when they pulled the 3 Lions onto their chest.

However, released fr his station on the wing @ Aston Villa by Gerard Houllier, the 25-year-old has revelled in the space afforded by a central attacking role. Capello noted the improvement & has been overwhelmed by Young's contribution 2 England's last 3 games, by far his most consistent spell as an international.

"Last year Ashley Young played nearly always on the left wing & sometimes on the right,'' said Capello. "Tis year he changed position & improved alot. Now he is a really important player becos the movement betw the lines is there.''

Not tat Capello is entirely happy with life, despite an excellent 9-day international break. Furious @ the manner in which his pre-match comments abt requiring only 100 words of English 2 get his points across, Capello rounded on his critics, stating: "Respect 4 the people is really important.'' The Italian felt an important element of his observation had been missed out, namely tat the 100 words were concerned with the technical aspects of his job, rather than the extent of his knowledge of the English language.

Capello does seem 2 hv moved on fr Friday's savaging, though, 2 the extent tat he felt compelled 2 warn an expectant public tat despite the fine group of youngsters he has unearthed, those who hv served him well in the past should not be forgotten.

"Don't forget Rio Ferdinand & Steven Gerrard because these r really important players, who hv been really good 4 us,'' he said. "But you need 2 find different solutions, depending on which kind of players r selected.''

Of the 23 players originally selected by Capello who were not released, only the back-up keeper, Robert Green, & Peter Crouch did not play some part over the 2 games, the 1st of which, against Wales, edged England slightly closer 2 a place @ Euro 2012. Now he can only wait 4 the remaining 2 months of the domestic campaign 2 be concluded b4 he can sit down & finalise plans 4 the encounter with Switzerland on June 4, when Wayne Rooney will be absent thru suspension.

"It is a really important squad & it will be difficult 4 me 2 select the players because the 1s I had here were really good,'' he said. "I don't know wat will happen in the future. It is a long way 2 arrive @ Euro 2012 & there r still a lot of points 2 play 4. But @ tis moment I am relaxed. I like being here & we r in a good position.''
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-style?cc=4716

Capello won't change his ways

Fabio Capello says he is not meant 2 be a "big brother" figure 2 his players & has no intention of changing his management style.

Capello has come under fire 4 his failure 2 speak to Rio Ferdinand aft deciding 2 reinstall John Terry as captain, but he insists he will nvr telephone his players.

"My way of working is very simple," Capello said in The Sun. "We hv the good fortune 2 work only a few hours a day, therefore in the little time we hv 4 working, you hv 2 do it well.

"And aft work we're free 2 hv fun & do wat we 1. I nvr telephone my players. Nvr.

"If a player is injured, I don't call him but I will call the doctor. A manager is not a big brother, I hv better things 2 do than put my nose in2 my players' business."

Capello admits the English media hv made his job difficult but is happy 2 let his players hv a free rein.

"You hv players who behave well & others who behave less well," he said. "The problem here is particularly tat photographers know where the players go, so the next day you find it on front pages of papers or YouTube.

"You just hv 2 be careful. I say 2 my players, hv fun, but be careful abt the ppl around you & in particular beware of mobile phones."
Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...anager?cc=4716

Taylor: Becks could be England boss

Former England caretaker manager Peter Taylor claims David Beckham, Alan Shearer & Gary Neville should be considered as possible replacements when Fabio Capello steps down.

Capello is under contract until aft the 2012 European Championships & former England Under-21 boss Taylor, who also took charge of the senior team 4 1 game against Italy, believes a former England star could do the job.

"10 years ago I would hv said you need a manager with experience," Taylor told talkSPORT. "But now I've had a look @ the situation & I think anybody tat's played 4 England on lots of occasions could easily manage England.

"You look @ David Beckham, Gary Neville, Alan Shearer. They would hv a lot of respect fr ppl becos of wat they hv done in their careers. And they could easily go in & take the right staff with them 2 make sure they get all the bits & pieces done.

"They would hv every back-up needed, tat's the beauty of the FA. Working 4 the FA was brilliant becos there's nothing they don't do 4 u 2 give you every chance 2 be successful.

"[Beckham] could easily organise a team, pick a team, & get staff 2 make sure they prepare correctly. The only big question on all of the 1s I've mentioned r if it's going wrong. How r they going 2 handle those situations. But I would says they would know how it works."

Even if the FA do not opt 4 a recent international, Taylor believes the next incumbent should still be English.

"There's a silly little thing I've got abt the national anthem. The national anthem b4 every England game is a really special moment, I believe, & tat is why the manager should be English," Taylor said.

"It's nothing against Fabio Capello, he's a better manager than I'll ever be, but 2 me he would be more comfortable managing Italy rather than England."
Old 18-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...er-job?cc=4716

Capello linked to Inter job

Fabio Capello is high on Inter Milan's short-list 2 take over fr outgoing manager Leonardo, but the England boss says he is unaware of speculation linking him 2 the Italian giants.

Sacked Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, though, has been ruled out as a candidate 4 the role.

Capello has spent the majority of his managerial career with Serie A clubs aft previously guiding AC Milan, Roma & Juventus. The 64-year-old is currently on vacation with his family in Spain & claims he has paid no attention 2 the reports coming out of Italy.

"I am in Marbella, in the sun, with my grandchildren. I m not aware of wat is being said, as in my house my grandchildren hv taken over the TV. They make the decisions regarding the TV & watch Walt Disney."

Leonardo is set 2 leave Inter 2 become PSG's sporting director aft only 6 months @ the helm, opening a flood of rumours regarding his impending replacement. Inter president Massimo Moratti on Friday quashed reports tat Ancelotti is 1 of those candidates.

"With regards 2 Ancelotti, no-1 has thought of him & certainly it's not becos we don't value him,'' he told the club's official website. "I m annoyed 2 continue 2 read tat we hv been turned down by Ancelotti. Tis is not true.

"I 1 2 clarify tat we hv not had a single 'no'. Perhaps only fr [Marcelo] Bielsa, who had 2 end negotiations early 4 personal reasons & he was disappointed. We hv a mountain of positive responses & now I hv 2 choose."

Fiorentina's Sinisa Mihajlovic has also been heavily linked 2 the job. However, the Serbian is currently under contract in Tuscany, which may prove 2 be an obstacle 4 a move 2 Inter, where the 42-year-old concluded his playing days.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...layers?cc=4716

Scholes blasts England
July 10, 2011

Paul Scholes has lambasted the England national team, insisting it is "laughable" 2 even consider them contenders 4 WCs becos many of the squad r only playing 2 "get 2 a top club".

Scholes earned 66 caps 4 England, but he retired fr the international scene 7 years b4 he quit club football with ManU, a decision largely put down 2 the fact he was often shunted out 2 the left side of a diamond 2 accommodate Frank Lampard & Steven Gerrard. Scholes never offered any complaints @ the time of his exit, merely stating tat he wanted 2 prolong his club career whilst spending more time with his family. However, he has now issued an alarming critique of the England setup, insisting they will never win anything with their current mentality.

"Playing on the left was never a problem. I played on the left 4 United I don't know hw many times," Scholes said. "I just got fed up. When you r going 2 a team, you 1 2 be part of a team & play well, but there r individuals who r aft personal glory.

"I always felt when I 1st started with England tat players - esp players @ clubs like Aston Villas - try 2 use England as a way 2 get 2 a top club. U feel, r they there 4 the right reason?

"I think they r very selfish people. They r all there 2 get their bit of glory, their bit of headlines, 2 think 'I will get a move fr tis'. I think tat is the biggest problem with English players."

Scholes even shed light on the opinions of his ManU colleagues, revealing they r all losing their patience with certain individuals in Fabio Capello's squad.

"It was a frustration 4 us United lads. When there is a simple pass of 10 yards, they might try & smack it 80 yards. They will do things 2 try & get themselves noticed.

"If you look @ the Spain team now, they all seem 2 play 4 each other. There isn't 1 of them who would try 2 do something in a game tat doesn't suit the team, & tat could happen over here. If you look thru our teams, there r loads of technically brilliant players but 4 some reason when we go on 2 the international scene, we don't look like tat.

"We're the favs every time & we probably will be next time. I think it is quite laughable. It is just the mentality of English people, we think we r going 2 win everything."
Old 30-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nd-job?cc=4716

Eriksson backs Mourinho for England
July 30, 2011

Sven-Goran Eriksson believes Jose Mourinho should be considered 4 the England job when Fabio Capello leaves.

Mourinho led Chelsea to 2 Premier League titles as well as an FA Cup triumph during his time @ Stamford Bridge, earning himself many admirers within the English game.

The Portuguese is now in charge of Real Madrid, but former England manager Eriksson sees no reason why Mourinho should not be considered when the job becomes available.

''I wouldn't be surprised if Jose was a candidate 4 the England job, absolutely not,'' the Leicester boss said. ''Do you think the discussion tat you must be English 2 be the England manager is still going on? I don't think so.

''Nobody would complain if England were 2 take Mourinho. I think wat he has done during the last 10 years makes him perhaps the best, or 1 of the best, managers around.

''When he's finished @ Real he won't be short of offers, so why not? If you've tried English football, you love it, whether you r a player, coach or manager.

''If you've been working in football in England, then leave 4 another country, it's not the same. So, I understand Jose 1s 2 come back.''

Capello's current contract runs until aft Euro 2012 & he will not extend it.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...n-high?cc=4716

Capello eyeing silverware
August 1, 2011

Fabio Capello is hoping 2 end his managerial career on a high as he prepares 4 his last season as England head coach next week.

Capello says he is frustrated by the timing of the friendly scheduled against Holland but remains hopeful tat, under him, England can secure an elusive trophy @ Euro 2012 b4 he departs the managerial world.

The opening of the international season takes place against the Dutch @ Wembley on August 10, 3 days b4 the start of the Premier League season, giving the Italian tactician no opportunity 2 rate the form of his players, who will then hv Euro 2012 qualifying games against Bulgaria & Wales in September.

Capello, speaking in Rio de Janeiro aft the 2014 WC preliminary draw, said: "I think my last year will be very good, I hope so. I try 2 make everything better.

"I study, I prepare, I focus. I hope tat @ the end of my career we will win a trophy.

"I hope so becos when you r a winner, you 1 2 win something, not 2 lose."

Capello said the timing of the Holland game was "difficult", adding: "You need 2 ask FIFA, they decided tis. Usually it would be the 1st Wednesday aft the 1st league game. I can't watch any of the players I need 2 choose. I don't know wat level any of the players will be."

He knows he will be without Steven Gerrard, while Theo Walcott is a major doubt, but the England manager indicated he is not considering throwing Phil Jones, ManU's new signing fr Blackburn, in2 the fray against the Dutch.

"No - now I need 2 prepare 4 the qualifying games,'' said Capello.

"I make experiments if it's possible when the games r not so important, but tis game is very important becos we then hv a really short time 2 prepare 4 the next qualification games."

The Italian said he "suffered" watching the WC draw & knowing he would not be participating any longer as a manager - & had a warning 4 his successor tat the demands of the Premier League make it difficult 4 England 2 be fresh @ major tournaments.

He does believe, though, tat the emerging crop of young English players will provide a strong core 4 the future.

"In my experience, we arrive not fresh enough @ the end of the season, tis is my opinion," said Capello.

"I said exactly the same aft the game against Switzerland [the 2-2 draw in June]. I think tat the England players arrive @ the end of the season tired becos they play alot of games & each game in England is very hard.

"They run alot, even sometimes when they're losing 2-0, 3-1, 3-0, they push, push, push 2 the end.

"But we hv some really interesting young players & the future will be them. I hope tat over the next year some young players will be ready 2 play in the next qualification campaign.

"There r some good players 4 the future: [Jack] Wilshere, [Kieran] Gibbs, Andy Carroll, [Jordan] Henderson, the 2 @ ManU, [Phil] Jones & [Chris] Smalling, also [Kyle] Walker, [Danny] Welbeck.

"I think these players r the future. Some of them will arrive @ 1 level. Some will be ready now, like Wilshere."
Old 07-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...rlands?cc=4716

Welbeck named in England squad
August 6, 2011

ManU striker Danny Welbeck has received his 2nd call-up 2 the England squad 4 the 3 Lions' international friendly against Netherlands on Wednesday.

Welbeck, 20, made his international debut in England's 1-1 draw with Ghana earlier tis year but was not selected 4 June's Euro 2012 qualifying clash with Switzerland becos of his involvement in the Under-21 European Championship.

The United frontman impressed while on loan @ Sunderland last season & is expected 2 be more involved in SAF's 1st team in the 2011-12 campaign.

Nevertheless, it is a surprise Welbeck should be in a 4-man strikeforce, but not Jermain Defoe or Darren Bent, who both featured in weekend friendlies 4 Tottenham & Aston Villa respectively.

Andy Carroll also returns 2 Fabio Capello's squad aft not featuring against the Swiss, while Scott Parker & Robert Green - both abt 2 kick-off their seasons in the Championship with West Ham r included.

Capello was forced in2 a last-minute reshuffle due 2 the hamstring injury tat forced Glen Johnson 2 hobble out of Liverpool's 2-0 win over Valencia tis aftn aft only 7 mins.

Phil Jagielka has filled the right-back role on the last 2 occasions Johnson has been missing. On tis occasion though, Capello has taken the step of including both Kyle Walker - now back @ Tottenham aft a successful loan spell @ Aston Villa - & Micah Richards.

A regular under Steve McClaren, the ManC full-back only won his 1st cap under Capello last November & a fortnight ago he said he might hv 2 wait 4 the Italian 2 move on b4 he can resume his international career.

England squad 4 the friendly match against Netherlands on Wednesday, August 10 @ Wembley:

Goalkeepers:
Rob Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Man City) & David Stockdale (Ipswich - on loan fr Fulham)

Defenders:
Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Micah Richards (Man City), John Terry (Chelsea) & Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry (Man City), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) & Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Forwards:
Andrew Carroll (Liverpool), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) & Danny Welbeck (Man Utd).
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1