The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -7 / Power: 0
chinaboy is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Have anyone try JetStar ??

Hi bros ... have anyone try out the new budget airline JetStar ??

any feedbacks ???

thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 287 / Power: 23
sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!
Re: Have anyone try JetStar ??

Its partly owned by Qantas, and using new planes so it must be a serious player.

With budget airlines, what kind of expectations would anyone have so long as it gets you there safely and back and the prices are affordable (if you book early enough) and you comply with their weight limitations and other quirks?

If your priority is multiple schedule, ability to change timings, bookings and lots of in-cabin service and other frills, then budget airline is not for you.

(e,g, if company is paying and money is no object)

p.s. I have a friend who flew their inaugural to Pattaya which was delayed a few hours but he got there and back safely.

I recently flew Lufthansa to Jakarta (regular airline) and was delayed 2 and half hours on the outward leg so delays are not the exclusive problems that budget airlines face!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
betweenus21 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

read from the papers whilst on SQ flight back from guangzhou last fri that a few days ago, passengers on a Jetstar asia from HK were stranded more than 12 hrs when the pilot didnt show up for his flight. And currently with only 2 planes flying n 2 more yet to be delivered ; its a risky option to travel on biz or "must go" travel as if a plane is grounded; there's no spare plane and planes do have minor problems whether its new or not.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 0 / Power: 0
hipi911 is Cool - loads of Potential

Took Jetstar last week, fly to HK. I would say no too bad, just bring your passport and get your boarding pass in the airport. Seat were pretty small, 3 seat on the left and 3 on the right. Stewardess so so looking only. No drinks or foods serve, but can BUY from them, a can of Coke cost S$2 and food abt S$8-S$10. You can actually bring your own drinks and food if you want.

They also sell duty free goods on board. Overall i would say VERY GOOD (except when back from Hk, i walk more than 15 min to reach the boarding gate, think HK give them the last gate, haiiii)
Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 22
Freestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by betweenus21
read from the papers whilst on SQ flight back from guangzhou last fri that a few days ago, passengers on a Jetstar asia from HK were stranded more than 12 hrs when the pilot didnt show up for his flight. And currently with only 2 planes flying n 2 more yet to be delivered ; its a risky option to travel on biz or "must go" travel as if a plane is grounded; there's no spare plane and planes do have minor problems whether its new or not.
that pilot must be a cheongster stranded somewhere in China after bonking overnight..hehehe

I want to acheive "marathon 1 dragon"

[/FONT]
Old 11-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 22
Freestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassina2
Its partly owned by Qantas, and using new planes so it must be a serious player.

With budget airlines, what kind of expectations would anyone have so long as it gets you there safely and back and the prices are affordable (if you book early enough) and you comply with their weight limitations and other quirks?

If your priority is multiple schedule, ability to change timings, bookings and lots of in-cabin service and other frills, then budget airline is not for you.

(e,g, if company is paying and money is no object)

p.s. I have a friend who flew their inaugural to Pattaya which was delayed a few hours but he got there and back safely.

I recently flew Lufthansa to Jakarta (regular airline) and was delayed 2 and half hours on the outward leg so delays are not the exclusive problems that budget airlines face!
i tried Tigerairways, plane is new too and same type like Jetstar, they use Russian Pilot, quite a comfortable ride and on time too.

I want to acheive "marathon 1 dragon"

[/FONT]
Old 11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 287 / Power: 23
sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler69
i tried Tigerairways, plane is new too and same type like Jetstar, they use Russian Pilot, quite a comfortable ride and on time too.
Never flown Jetstar but did Air Asia and Tiger many times and frankly, I have no complains when I fly LCCs cos I have low expectations. But, Tiger is great with the New Planes and solid SIA parents.

Air Asia - I like their spunkiness and "try hard" even if you;re nobody attitude to the business and they deserve whatever success they have had so far.

And they have extensive coverage in Malaysia, Thailand and now Indonesia althought getting to Indonesia has been a problem with our government screwing them.

Yes the planes are old, but, I have flown OLDER in Indonesia and Philippines on scheduled carriers so, I still salute their guts and business gungho.

Wish there are more of them so we benefit more!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Samster

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 830 / Power: 21
l3atu is a splendid one to beholdl3atu is a splendid one to beholdl3atu is a splendid one to beholdl3atu is a splendid one to beholdl3atu is a splendid one to beholdl3atu is a splendid one to beholdl3atu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yup. I saw this piece of news too. But I'll still use Jetstar Asia coz its really cheap.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 88 / Power: 22
ciakpachineng deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Talking Re: Have anyone try JetStar ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassina2
Never flown Jetstar but did Air Asia and Tiger many times and frankly, I have no complains when I fly LCCs cos I have low expectations. But, Tiger is great with the New Planes and solid SIA parents.

Air Asia - I like their spunkiness and "try hard" even if you;re nobody attitude to the business and they deserve whatever success they have had so far.

And they have extensive coverage in Malaysia, Thailand and now Indonesia althought getting to Indonesia has been a problem with our government screwing them.

Yes the planes are old, but, I have flown OLDER in Indonesia and Philippines on scheduled carriers so, I still salute their guts and business gungho.

Wish there are more of them so we benefit more!
ya...LCC tiger and airasia are OK for very short hauls 2-3hrs like BKK, HDY,Chiangmai
for medium hauls 4hrs like HKG,TPE by Jetstar....I doubt I can tahan..no reasonable food (Airasia only has sandwiches and cup noodles...blah) to sate my tummy and no reasonably attractive chicks to sate my eyes....

Money Talks, Bullshit Walks (Murphy's Law-USA?)
The one with the gold makes the rules (Murphy's Golden Rule-USA?)
No Money, No Talk (The Hui Brothers-HK)
No Money, No Honey (David Brazil- Singapore?)

"Going for the 10,000 (bonkable quality also, not just quantity) record"
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 844 / Power: 22
Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciakpachineng
ya...LCC tiger and airasia are OK for very short hauls 2-3hrs like BKK, HDY,Chiangmai
for medium hauls 4hrs like HKG,TPE by Jetstar....I doubt I can tahan..no reasonable food (Airasia only has sandwiches and cup noodles...blah) to sate my tummy and no reasonably attractive chicks to sate my eyes....
You got it wrong. There're food and drinks...except that you have pay for it. Personally, i think paying S$8 for a meal and S$2 for a coke on a plane is reasonable ok. But you can bring yr own if you choose to....

With new planes, leather seats, basis service, ok flight schedules, good price... I think Jetstarasia is good enough for an average traveller. Business or otherwise.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Samster

actually if one look at the fares offered by Tiger n Jetstar asia and compare to Valuair - in the final figures believed valuair is better as for just merely a few dollars more - u get food, assigned seating and higher check-in baggage weight (20kg as oppose to 15kg by the others). The main difference too is valuair is less of a squeeze - just imagine all these 3 LCCs fly the very same plane - the Airbus 320 - but valuair has only 156 seats, whilst the tiger n jetstar has 180 seats. Likewise for fare to say HK - jetstar may offer like $68 one-way whereas valuair costs abt $220 - but tiger n jetstar fare does not include their so-called admin fee and insurance - and of course airport taxes which all airlines dont include. So if we add it up jetsrat fare with its admin/fuel surcharge n insurance
charges will come up to abt $110 one-way - contrast this with valuair.
So basically as a frequent flyer to HK/China - i take valuair - when there's no heavy discount promo by SIA or Cathay. But all these LCCs dont have very chio girls.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 98 / Power: 20
n1963g deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinoview
You got it wrong. There're food and drinks...except that you have pay for it. Personally, i think paying S$8 for a meal and S$2 for a coke on a plane is reasonable ok. But you can bring yr own if you choose to....

With new planes, leather seats, basis service, ok flight schedules, good price... I think Jetstarasia is good enough for an average traveller. Business or otherwise.
yup.. only free thing they thrown in is TODAY newpaper. if u lucky enuff to grab one of them.

came in thru stormy weather but landing by ang moh pilot is confirm 10/10, nice touchdown, not skidding, no wham, just touch down and glide in sweet sweet.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 844 / Power: 22
Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
actually if one look at the fares offered by Tiger n Jetstar asia and compare to Valuair - in the final figures believed valuair is better as for just merely a few dollars more - u get food, assigned seating and higher check-in baggage weight (20kg as oppose to 15kg by the others). The main difference too is valuair is less of a squeeze - just imagine all these 3 LCCs fly the very same plane - the Airbus 320 - but valuair has only 156 seats, whilst the tiger n jetstar has 180 seats. Likewise for fare to say HK - jetstar may offer like $68 one-way whereas valuair costs abt $220 - but tiger n jetstar fare does not include their so-called admin fee and insurance - and of course airport taxes which all airlines dont include. So if we add it up jetsrat fare with its admin/fuel surcharge n insurance
charges will come up to abt $110 one-way - contrast this with valuair.
So basically as a frequent flyer to HK/China - i take valuair - when there's no heavy discount promo by SIA or Cathay. But all these LCCs dont have very chio girls.
What you mentioned about the seatings was perfectly corrrect. The leg space of Valueair is even better than any other Commercial Airlines most using bigger planes. In this area Value air is really one above them all.

But, price wise. At this moment Valueair is not good all. Even for their saver package listed below :

Saver 1 Month
SGD 319
Saver 14 Days
SGD 299
Saver 7 Days
SGD 259
* the above price exclude tax and other fuel charges.

These are way higher as compared Jetstarasia at S$68 one way exclude tax.

Please enlighten us on how you compute that Valueair is of only slightly higher in fare as compare Jetstarasia.

I'm also a frequent traveller to China/HK. I like to enjoy good value for money fare.

Right now, i've booked for my partner and myself on a UA package fm HK-Sin-HK at a offer ticket of HK$965(S$203) inclusive all tax n other charges. That i think it's quite a good price.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:43 AM
sgcandyman

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

so far my exp w budget airlines r so so onli, they r budget but take note that its the px tat is budget but service and all other aspects, the airlines do hv a std industry practice to follow. Took a flt from sg to bkk, quite comfy w d seats and service w a smile..
Old 12-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinoview
What you mentioned about the seatings was perfectly corrrect. The leg space of Valueair is even better than any other Commercial Airlines most using bigger planes. In this area Value air is really one above them all.

But, price wise. At this moment Valueair is not good all. Even for their saver package listed below :

Saver 1 Month
SGD 319
Saver 14 Days
SGD 299
Saver 7 Days
SGD 259
* the above price exclude tax and other fuel charges.

These are way higher as compared Jetstarasia at S$68 one way exclude tax.

Please enlighten us on how you compute that Valueair is of only slightly higher in fare as compare Jetstarasia.

I'm also a frequent traveller to China/HK. I like to enjoy good value for money fare.

Right now, i've booked for my partner and myself on a UA package fm HK-Sin-HK at a offer ticket of HK$965(S$203) inclusive all tax n other charges. That i think it's quite a good price.

hi Sinoview

Its better if u register with valuair online to receive their special offers - which u get first n in some cases its not even advertised in the papers - and at times they have their promos to hk which is reali cheap - like back in late jan - their fare for roundtrip to hk was only $165! (journey to be completed by end feb). So have to watch out for their specials.
And heard from the airline grapevine is that jetstar asia is scaling down due to lacklustre performance - as they just change their young go-getter CEO to a old-jetstar aussie guy who is not known for his aggressiveness but just sitting out his career and that one plane has already been returned to jetstar australia; and on service cuts they already stop flying to pattaya i think.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1