The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 02-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 160 / Power: 19
Huzige is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHuzige is a Helpful and Caring Samster
China – Traps & Scams – real life experience…

In a recent posting, I talked about the MMs’ emotional scams. However, in China there are many traps and scams that could hit any traveler. With so many brudders traveling to China these days, I think it maybe appropriate that I start a thread on this for us to share the experience and also reminding ourselves the traps and scams that we are also exposed to when enjoying the company of the sweet MMs. Indeed, with the little Lao Er’s brain working overtime, and the big brain softened by the company of endless young and beautiful MMs, we could easily become a victim when we let our guard down momentary.

A friend recently commented that the only real things in China are the thieves. Of course that is the extreme, but you find many of these thieves working overtime every where in China, especially in busy places like railway stations in all major cities, Shenzhen’s Luohu area, Chongqing’s JieFangBei, Beijing’s Wangfujing, Shanghai’s Nanjing Donglu to mention a few. And they don’t just target foreigners only – everyone is a target and many of my local friends fall into the same traps too.

Yes, even though I have always be on guard after hearing so many stories – some more horrifying than others – I’m not shy to admit that I also fell victim to one such scam even though I consider myself rather “hardened” and usually just brush off anyone who tries to chat me up. Indeed, many of these are so persistent that I usually have to tell them to fcuk off.

It all happened one late afternoon in Guangzhou in winter about four years ago, across the hotel where I was staying in Jiangnan area. My friends were going to be late, very late to come get me to go out. I was starving, so I headed to the KFC joint across the road to get some pieces of Colonel’s chicken (well, I like chicken!) as a temporary solution. I was only a couple meters from the entrance when a reasonably well dressed old lady (in her early 60s) with a cute little girl (probably around 10) stopped me and said they were hungry and haven’t eaten for the whole day. I should have ignored them but the sad looking face on the little girl softened my heart. So, I told them I’ll buy them a chicken dinner – and it’s such joy to see the big smile on the little girl’s face. And that’s when the lamb was led to the slaughter house… me being the lamb.

And your friend here thought he has indeed done a good deed when the little girl was digging into, and truly enjoying her KFC meal – “she must be really hungry” I thought. That’s when her grandma started to tell me her sob story: they were actually on their way back to Anhui from further south (Kunming?) and decided to stopover to visit a relative, but found out the relative has moved. Meanwhile, she lost her wallet – uumph… sounds familiar and I even reminded myself this could be a trap. But she was an actress good enough for the “JinJi” award: she said, “Look at me, decently dressed and I’m so embarrassed to even ask for this meal! I am actually waiting for my daughter to come get us, but it will be another couple of days.” Tears came down her face, and she asked if she could borrow my phone to call her daughter. I thought I was being smart when I thought I could check if the number she called is really Hefei in Anhui since I knew the area code. She gave me the number and it checked out.

The old lady was still sobbing when she passed the phone to me to talk to her daughter, who then told me what a kind person I’m….. etc etc. She then promised she would be in Guangzhou as soon as she can to bring back the old lady and her daughter. The old lady continued to sob, and everyone in the restaurant was looking at our direction. Oh shit… and she suddenly asked me if I could be kind enough to help her buy the train tickets first, and she promised she will make sure her daughter send me the money. The sobbing became louder, and the little girl now also joined in the sobbing with her stomach full, and more people were staring at us.

WTF, I thought this may be a genuine case and I wouldn’t want my old mother out with my daughter on a cold winter night without food, would I? So, I decided to buy them the train tickets back to Anhui next morning with the help of the Biz Center at the hotel. The puzzled look of the girl at the Biz Center was quickly replaced by approving look when the old lady borrowed my phone again to inform her daughter that she will be coming home the next morning, thanks to me. Yes, I felt like a hero. I then asked the old lady where are their luggage – she said at a small hotel nearby, but she’s too scare to go back since they have no money. I offered to go settle the bills, but she talked me out of it, saying I have already done enough but would be happy to loan some cash from me – should have been another flag – but I gave her the cash, even some extra for her trip back.

It was a trip when I had to attend an exhibition, so was staying at the same hotel for almost a week. Three days later, walking out of the hotel I saw the same old lady and her “grand-daughter” in the same winter gear. She saw me too, because she bolted when I saw her in a distance. That’s when I knew she had me. I told my friends the story, but getting no sympathy since they all agreed I was so stupid to fall into such trap. They said she could easily get a refund on the train tickets. Oh well, it probably only cost me an amount equivalent to a night with a nice KTV MM in Guangzhou, but it still leave a bad taste in my mouth. Then again, I could have a KTV MM giving me all the grandma stories too…

Well, I’ll let other brudders tell their stories – and they can always say it happened to a “friend” lah!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 22 / Power: 0
Malboy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: China – Traps & Scams – real life experience…

Hi Huzige,

Thank you for sharing with us about the traps & scams of the people from China. Sometimes we know we are fallen into their traps & scams, yet we are too kind to help people. It's happen in everywhere when the PRC are there.

There are alot of that traps and scams even in KLIA. They only approached those who can speak mandarin. With all their blues and jass of their wallet lost and not enough many to paid for air ticket back home. They even give you a call card and promise to send you the money when they get back. But that doesn't happen. Even the security officier or policemen at the airport also know about their art.

But what can they do? They didn't steal or rob you. We are the one to be blame as we are too kind hearted and just give it to them.

So just be careful. Don't fall into their traps and scrams.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 65 / Power: 19
mrkent deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

good story bro..
i am more sad for the little girl than i am for you. a lil money is just money, but that grandma is ruining her granddaughter's life by influencing her at such a young age about doing scams.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 2 / Power: 0
JIKED D is Cool - loads of Potential
Unhappy Re: China – Traps & Scams – real life experience…

thanks for sharing the experience

but i would like to add that it does not only happen in China, it happen in Singapore too and it happen to my fren at a MRT station. 2 China guys approach her and told her that they dont have money to back to their hotel and being nice, my fren took out some money to let them take taxi back.

The next moment, one of the guy snatch the wallet and took all the money from it and another guy sort of corner her and said they were not sure how much money for the taxi ride so will take more just in case not enough.

my fren tried to stop them but they return the wallet n push her to the floor and left the mrt station.

stories like this make me wary of helping people, specially chinese stranger that approach me
Old 03-09-2005, 02:10 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 65 / Power: 19
mrkent deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

ya.. imo.. its okay if a homeless guy aproach u and ur friend.. give him a rmb or two.. but if ur out numbered, its probably best just ignoring them.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 13 / Power: 0
sznewkid deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

i've had many cases where people come to me and say stories like they've not eaten etc. I fell for one in 1999 but after that I never fell again.

If they are persistant, just buy them food, don't give them cash.

Anyway, in China must be heartless.

Believe it or not, I ever gena drugged and luckily only lost a handphone and 200+ RMB.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 113 / Power: 20
singrakthai deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guysingrakthai deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

funny.. my first experience was in s'pore, jurong east... also in kfc... 4 china prc ladies approached me and told me they haven't eaten for days and asked me to buy them dinner... claimed they're tourist and had over spend and somehow credit card cannot use or something.... so i bought them dinner and then they told me will return money when they meet with 1 of the ladies father the next day at airport... next thing after dinner, they asked for some money to take taxi.. I think they asked for $50 can't remember but I rejected and tell them take bus or something... can't remember if I gave them any more money after that, but they never called me back to return me any money.... or even say thank you...

Most recent was in Don Muang airport and 2 well dressed (business suit) china men approached me and started talking to me in broken english... I replied in mandarin and asked what they want and they say something about credit card cannot use and need money to pay for transit flight or something... nothing much just US$30++ ONLY... say I also chinese must help chinese... shake my head and told them "sorry, can't help.. take care".

1 of my nurse friends in S'pore also had experience in Woodland MRT where she was approached by 2 china youngster and they hynotised her or something.. made her Q up and withdrawn money from her ATM somemore.. she suddenly woke up only after passing them her savings and after some time... police caught those china people and solved the case... think this was last year....

For 1... s'poreans are well known by these people for being gullible and whats the word? Charitable? They probably spread the words in their country after knowing how much we raised for our charity organisations every year...

sad
Old 04-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 346 / Power: 23
Horchew is one of the Best!Horchew is one of the Best!Horchew is one of the Best!Horchew is one of the Best!

Reading these RL stories brings back memories.....
My virgin trip to China was 9years ago, being western educated all my life (never had a single mandarin lesson) I was forced to go unwillingly to broker a deal with my partner. My only Mandarin understood and spoken was "Ni Hao", "Tui Bu Chi", "Zao An", "Xie Xie" during then. Previously I spent >10yrs abroad for my early education uptill tertiary, came back 2yrs earlier before being pushed to "Da Lu" for this deal.
Remember clearly the virgin acostment from strangers during my 2nd night in Xiamen. It was outside Aviation Hotel (sort of a complicated /red-light district during then). A whole family of 4 came up to me... father, mother, a young todler and a baby in the arms of the father. Started blabbing, blabbing,blabbing away...in Mandarin which I didn't understand. I was just standing outside for a smoke and some fresh air (didn't dare venture far off hotel) when i strated getting annoyed by their constant plead with out-stretch arms, I moved away to the other end of stairs towards another stone lion. KNN the whole family followed me, todller pulling my belt...mother looking at me in the eyes with pathetic looks, father carrying baby talking very loudly (I think of sad story) I was most ambarrased by all the stares (they were not!) by passersby, stupid security and bell-boy nowhere to be found. I just shouted at peak of my throat in English, FUCK OFF, BEGGERS! giving them a stern and angry look in the fathers eyes. Everybody within 20meters turned and look at me and the whole Jim-bang gang! suddently, the hands released my belt, the mother's eyes turned towards the husband, and the husband just froze still for a split second! Afterwhich, he just murmured to the family to proceed away from me.
Following night, I saw them again doing same thing to another well-dressed foreigner at the opposite hotel, just 10meters away. It left a very scary and bad impression on me on the very 1st trip to China, all those sad stories of Money-hungry China relatives during 70's (was still young then, but able to understand family's adult conversation) always asking grandpa to remit money to them, repair house, buy buffalo,etc,etc began to reminiscent in my mind, at the very instance. I always wondered what drives these able-bodied adults into such spheres of society, worst still they R bringing up the child with all the wrong messages and values.
Nowadays, I visit China very often (fallen in love with it's mystique & women!!) but always dressed like locals, act like them and accimatise my insensitivity in tuned with the Chinamen. I don't get such harassment anymore, not since I trained myself indifference inlined with their societys' norms.
The only challenges nowadays are with the many SYT mei-meis whom still struck a soft spot in my heart! I'm undergoing intensive training to wistand their charms and resist my impending doomed under their hands. Somehow the allure of their Grottos always attracts the wrong brains in the wrong head!
I was told by the locals, to be safe and not sorry....we have to be firm and unrelenting in our heart. Better they be wronged than me being the loser! Wat says our dear bros here?

[I]"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have."
[/I]
Old 04-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Samster

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 443 / Power: 20
Hanxinco88 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterHanxinco88 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterHanxinco88 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterHanxinco88 is a living Saint! - you won't find betterHanxinco88 is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horchew
The only challenges nowadays are with the many SYT mei-meis whom still struck a soft spot in my heart! I'm undergoing intensive training to wistand their charms and resist my impending doomed under their hands. Somehow the allure of their Grottos always attracts the wrong brains in the wrong head!
I was told by the locals, to be safe and not sorry....we have to be firm and unrelenting in our heart. Better they be wronged than me being the loser! Wat says our dear bros here?

Bro, remember this sentence when you are in China and you would never go wrong........

Diplomatic yet persistant ( This sentense looks simple but the hidden meaning and the methods to apply this needs some careful thoughts and digestion before you are able to apply it effectively.)

Being Firm and rude will not solve problems or situation but being diplomatic in a very persistant way will help you move around in China and succeed!!!!!

Hope it helps.....

Cheers

Cheers

My First Thread

What to do during AV raid?

Personal views on Chinese MMS:
Old 04-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 844 / Power: 22
Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzige
Well, I’ll let other brudders tell their stories – and they can always say it happened to a “friend” lah!
Bro, starting another good thread to share valuable info here... Well done.

Everwhere in China we are faced with many "con" men. Be it in the train or bus station, tourist attraction, walking on the road etc.... They comes in many different forms and shapes....

One thing i would like to hightlight here is the "selling of Hand phone" by these con men.

All those selling handphones on the streets are 100% Con job. Some of the guys here will insist that did hv a good deal thru that are all bullshiters trying to save some of their faces.... They ll you a "newly" launched, working and attractive hp etc... somehow they ve some tricks to swapped them with a"dummy" one after money is exchanged.

Just walk along any street in China, there are thousands and one "used hp collector" stores all over....why should they sell a "good hp" at below market rate to us ??? You think they are dummies and we are so "lucky" in China to have a good deal ??? No way...man....

Just ignore these hp sellers and u ll be spared of any "con job" in China....

Money is the most envied but least enjoyed.
Health is the most enjoyed but least envied.

Old 04-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 787 / Power: 21
shengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nowadays, I visit China very often (fallen in love with it's mystique & women!!) but always dressed like locals, act like them and accimatise my insensitivity in tuned with the Chinamen. I don't get such harassment anymore, not since I trained myself indifference inlined with their societys' norms.
Well said, there is nothing to show off, it only invites problem. I am sure the well-dress beggers (MM) also come after you.

Quote:
Somehow the allure of their Grottos always attracts the wrong brains in the wrong head!
If we don't expose ourselves too much to the environment, our brains and head will not be attracted. But I guess lot of time, it is the loneliness and bored that lead to all these.
I think firm and unrelenting will only apply on certain places, like the restuarant. When business environment, I think humble and polite are the main factor toward success, may it be customers or bankers or stae bureaus.

PS: You are right, nothing is easy in the beginning. To get hard-on in China, I think many bros find them very easy...

Hope my RMB worth a little, no offence bro!

Cheers!

得到越多
失去更多
Old 04-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 844 / Power: 22
Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengge
If we don't expose ourselves too much to the environment, our brains and head will not be attracted. But I guess lot of time, it is the loneliness and bored that lead to all these.
I think firm and unrelenting will only apply on certain places, like the restuarant. When business environment, I think humble and polite are the main factor toward success, may it be customers or bankers or stae bureaus.

Cheers!
I think he's refering handling of MM lah.... not yr customer, bankers etc.

Yr humble and polite toward the MM can apply only before you use them after using, well i think is another story lol.....

I heard this "theory" ..... To stay out of trouble, should Treat these MM (Working Ladies) as Tissue paper.....

Before use, can keep them by yr side. But after used... threw them away and get new ones......so many available readily..... A bit crude ..i would say.

For me, I like to add another category to them. Some can be treated as more than a tissue paper. They could like "gift wrapper" ...can be used a few more times then discard but can never be brought home....

Cheers

Money is the most envied but least enjoyed.
Health is the most enjoyed but least envied.

Old 04-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 787 / Power: 21
shengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to beholdshengge is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinoview
I think he's refering handling of MM lah.... not yr customer, bankers etc.
Yr humble and polite toward the MM can apply only before you use them after using, well i think is another story lol.....
Cheers
Dear Snr Bro Sinoview,
Sorry! My mistake.
Abt MM (those in KTV, to be more specific), my policy is, they work for living like us, we are equal on that. And the end of the day, just drink, sing and forget. If we are really showing of, I think they will defnitely go after our $$$ but we can still choose to ignore them. However, if we ourselves are thinking of Kam Cheng and get free bonks, then we are not much better than them.

IMHO, most of us (include me), at times may be attracted by one of these MM, we may start to buy stuff for them, this will lead to, 1) they may ask for more, like pepsi.. 2) later if they dum, we cried they cheated us. 3) they can be really nice to us 4) ..... (may be other can contribute on )

Just sharing my personal opinion.
Cheers!

得到越多
失去更多
Old 04-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 120 / Power: 23
like2bonk deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylike2bonk deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengge
Dear Snr Bro Sinoview,
Sorry! My mistake.
Abt MM (those in KTV, to be more specific), my policy is, they work for living like us, we are equal on that. And the end of the day, just drink, sing and forget. If we are really showing of, I think they will defnitely go after our $$$ but we can still choose to ignore them. However, if we ourselves are thinking of Kam Cheng and get free bonks, then we are not much better than them.

IMHO, most of us (include me), at times may be attracted by one of these MM, we may start to buy stuff for them, this will lead to, 1) they may ask for more, like pepsi.. 2) later if they dum, we cried they cheated us. 3) they can be really nice to us 4) ..... (may be other can contribute on )
Just sharing my personal opinion.
Cheers!
The scams and traps come in many forms. Sometimes I just a simple rule - i either give nothing or give an amount which I can both afford and yet would only supposedly solve 10% to 20% of the problem.

Scams can come from our business associates and friends. But if we restrict our discussion to strangers, the greatest challenges come from 2 groups - Singaporeans and MMs.

I've experienced the equivalent of this thread story - a weeping 60-year old singaporean man in Bangkok. So I thought $20 (my 10-20% rule) would suffice to help him out of his predicament if his story is indeed true but he gave me a heart-attack-like act at the train ticket office. I parted a bit more (like $50). The ending is not unlike the thread starter's story.

As for MMs, we must admit that our little bros tend to take over some of the thinking at times. Very difficult to deal with. Maybe we should practice damage control.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:45 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 3171 / Power: 21
goo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond reputegoo_ey has a reputation beyond repute

two of my friends got a very bad encounter in china. one is a hongkee girl who went to shenzhen for shopping but eventually got kidnapped by a van of china guys, she only got released after one day when she give them the pin number for her atm & credit cards. thats lucky for her at least money can settle the problems. the other is my guy friend staying in a 5 stars hotel in dongguan but got blackout by some smoke when he was opening the door in his hotel room and next thing he remember is waking up in a hospital with everything gone.

so bros who are going to china, must remember the following points which i will usually do when i went there for business.

1. at least get a partner along everywhere you go in china.
2. dun trust anyone maybe trust abit for business partner in china
3. be on guard every miniutes
Monkey4,Navras,Popiah,QooMilk,Sextrooper,simplyhor ny
Spursgetz,sunzisky,titts82002,Urger,Wat2woopee
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1