The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1332 / Power: 21
forumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud of
Re: thai baht rate update

some say change here better..... some say there.

For me, I would rather change here More convenient...
Old 07-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 95 / Power: 22
staroceanex deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

for the past 10 trip to hatyai.. I still prefer to change currency there.. did not compare the rates between here n there..

any brudders here care to comment on this..
Old 12-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 51 / Power: 21
cyrus deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Yo Bros,

Just to update all that today, GM rate is about 23.40 - money changer .. for remittance .. its about 23.46.

Remember always avoid changing during weekends
Old 12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1332 / Power: 21
forumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud offorumer has much to be proud of

yeah, i managed to change some today at GM too @ 23.4
Old 15-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 95 / Power: 22
staroceanex deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

today's exchange rate 23.43 @ GM
Old 29-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 844 / Power: 22
Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold

Sland money changer vs Bkk banks exchange rates :

Many times, I felt cheated when I saw the exchange rates in the BKK banks were better after in arrival BKK.

Ha....ha...

I found a way to ensure that the exchange rate at the our Sland Money Changer is at least better than the Thai Banks before we do the change in Sland.

Change this website before visit to our local money changer :

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+B...es/default.htm

http://www.cb.ktb.co.th/prod/bishis.nsf

Cheers

Last edited by Sinoview; 29-05-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 29-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 208 / Power: 22
Hasa Sas is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHasa Sas is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHasa Sas is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinoview
Sland money changer vs Bkk banks exchange rates :

Many times, I felt cheated when I saw the exchange rates in the BKK banks were better on arriving in BKK.

Ha....ha...

I found a way to ensure that the exchange rate at the our Sland Money Changer is at least better than the Thai Banks before we do the change in Sland.

Change this website before visit to our local money changer :

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+B...es/default.htm

http://www.cb.ktb.co.th/prod/bishis.nsf

Cheers

thks and i always noticed exchange rates in haadyai is always much much better than bangkok. Either do it with our local changer or in haadyai

From craving springs grief,
From craving springs fear,
One's who is wholly free from craving,
There is no grief, much less fear
Old 29-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Samster

Sinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to beholdSinoview is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasa Sas
thks and i always noticed exchange rates in haadyai is always much much better than bangkok. Either do it with our local changer or in haadyai
Sorry...but how can you tell on a "real time" basis ??? You called both BKK and Hdy to compare??
If you are talikng banks...they are the same thru-out Thailand.

Private money changers of course cn o ffer better ratesthan the banks. But not many people will border to look for one in BKK....can be very far you know. Taxi fare also not enough to cover the difference.......

Why local MC ??? ...How you compare ??? You know the local rate today ? and you compare with the website ??? How ???

Cheers
Old 29-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Samster

Hasa Sas is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHasa Sas is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHasa Sas is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Sorry...but how can you tell on a "real time" basis ??? You called both BKK and Hdy to compare??
If you are talikng banks...they are the same thru-out Thailand.

Private money changers of course cn o ffer better ratesthan the banks. But not many people will border to look for one in BKK....can be very far you know. Taxi fare also not enough to cover the difference.......

Why local MC ??? ...How you compare ??? You know the local rate today ? and you compare with the website ??? How ???

Cheers
Solely based on my past experience . Will always change beforehand if i go bkk and whereas for haadyai can change in GM or the tour agent in lovely etc ..comparison between both about 10 baht different for every $100.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 29-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Samster

Talking Re: thai baht rate update

It's confirmed today that the Sland's MCs do not offer any better rate than the Banks in Thailand. In fact, their rate is lower....that confirmed my suspicious all the while......

Just check today :

Parkway Parade : Chinese MC- 23.2 Indian MC- 23.3
Golden Mile (by phone) : Chinese - 23.3 Indian MC : 23.4
The Thai bank rates today(per website above) : On real time
Bangkok Bank : 23.54
KrungThai Bank : 23.55

Bros.....So why need to change with the money changers in Singapore ??? Forget about changing with them. It's so convenient to change with the banks in Thailand esp BKK and Puhket their all over the town and with so many diffferent banks compteting.....

For those who are going to change big "volume" for some reasons....the MC in BKK got even better rates...Those "lau jiao" will know that. Many of them are located in Yoawalut and Siphan Kwai.

So fark the S'pore MCs.......for Thai baht exchange.....
Old 29-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 278 / Power: 23
phenom is one of the Best!phenom is one of the Best!phenom is one of the Best!

Except for USA and Europe, I never changed my money in SG.
For donkey years, I did the exchange in the country of destination.
For Bkk, I would change enough to last me only at most for the first day and thereafter usually at Timmie's(or is it Timmy?) which is situated directly across the road opposite Indra Hotel in Pratunam, a few steps away from the overhead bridge. They consistantly offer one of the best rates in Bkk. They even give a little bit more on big notes. As the S$500 is no longer available(sigh), bring along the S$1k for that extra bahts.
Some goldsmith shops in the Saphan Kwai area are also good.
I concur that the bank counters at the airport do give better value than the MCs in Sg. As for Sg banks, they think that we are idiots and morons....with their ridiculously low rates.
Ditto for Jakarta(best rates in Chinatown) and Manila(highest value in Balibago); the other cities I go to very often.

My FR threads:
MMs - http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=20830
Balibago - http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=4574
Indo ceweks - http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=21800
Other WLs/FLs - http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=23839
Old 30-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 381 / Power: 22
tirak69 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettertirak69 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettertirak69 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettertirak69 is a living Saint! - you won't find better

banks in sg do sux big time!!! the rate at the airport was 22.9 and upon landing at don muang, the bank counter rate was 23.4. wat a diff! no wonder our economy is floundering... banks are sucking the life out of us.
Old 30-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirak69
banks in sg do sux big time!!! the rate at the airport was 22.9 and upon landing at don muang, the bank counter rate was 23.4. wat a diff! no wonder our economy is floundering... banks are sucking the life out of us.
The bank rate in Thailand today is 23.54 ok !!!

Whatever...we all no know right now is that changing $$$ in Thai bank is BETTER. From now onward I won't be border to make a trip to the local MCs....

Doing it in Thailand including at their Airport is so much more convenient and we can better rate than even our MC.... That solved all our prevoius doubt of where to change $$$ is better.
Old 31-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Samster

Quote:
The bank rate in Thailand today is 23.54 ok !!!

Whatever...we all no know right now is that changing $$$ in Thai bank is BETTER. From now onward I won't be border to make a trip to the local MCs....

Doing it in Thailand including at their Airport is so much more convenient and we can better rate than even our MC.... That solved all our prevoius doubt of where to change $$$ is better.
I'm wondering how many actually change their thai baht with the bank....just for a 4-5 nite stay. I doubt the thai airport MC offer better rate than our local MC.

Old 31-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 42 / Power: 0
kwanteen deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

personally i think it's too much of a hassle to rush around and look for the difference, not very significant if considering the $$$ that u will spend on your trip.

my 2 bahts : it's only my personal view and dun flame me hor
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1