The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 25-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1250 / Power: 14
zeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud ofzeefee71 has much to be proud of
Re: How much money needed to Retire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicesWithin View Post
My wife and me found out about this late in life in our early 40s. We shifted as much as we can from OA to SA. Then again, we had little in our OA after paying monthly mortgage. Some months we transferred a few hundred dollars only. Nonetheless, it still collects better interest in SA. My wife managed to top up SA to the max level which is FRS. I came close. Bec of what we did, I shared earlier i now collect $10k interest annually while my wife collects $13k, without doing anything. Free $23k a year! These figures will increase every year. It is good money and a wise strategy.

Like you said, who amongst us have $130k, at 20 y.o. It is only people in the 40s that have this amount in their SA. I encourage everyone to do this if you haven't already done it. It is such a good "kang tao" that the Govt refuses to allow more top up after FRS.

Now that my home is fully paid up and I can't transfer to SA anymore, I am accumulating OA (yet once again) at the pathetic 2.5% interest to build about $25k per child for their tertiary education. Almost there. Then my journey is done.

Thanks for sharing. Hope more bros can share their OWN retirement plans.
Good move to top up your SA to max and if you are still working, the amount will exceed FRS as certain % of contribution still goes to SA
I was thinking to top up for my sons but my concern is it will be 4-5 decades before they get the monthly payout as top up withdrawal are not allowed, l think.. Policy change and whether interest rate will remain unchanged are deterring factors. Other options like endowment etc returns are too low and not attractive. Am still thinking what to do

Last edited by zeefee71; 25-09-2020 at 10:04 PM. Reason: tt
Old 26-09-2020, 03:15 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5728 / Power: 8
bignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeefee71 View Post
Good move to top up your SA to max and if you are still working, the amount will exceed FRS as certain % of contribution still goes to SA
I was thinking to top up for my sons but my concern is it will be 4-5 decades before they get the monthly payout as top up withdrawal are not allowed, l think.. Policy change and whether interest rate will remain unchanged are deterring factors. Other options like endowment etc returns are too low and not attractive. Am still thinking what to do
For that 1.5% more, there are some limitations:

(1) You can only transfer up to FRS (maybe I am wrong) and that FRS ceiling usually quite easy to hit
(2) For that additional 1.5%, you lose the flexibility (cannot transfer back to OA). OA can be used for property, investment and education.
(3) Interest could potentially change. I am surprised they didn’t cut cpf interest despite bank interest is almost 0%. Doesn’t really make sense unless they know this is just for show. Majority of the $ will be locked up after one turn 65. Assuming if one hits the ceiling of SA, I think the payout he/ she will get is about $1400 per month.
(4) Policy changes. Quite likely will happen.

Assuming if we are allowed to park our savings in any ETF listed in US, an IT ETf gives us returns of 20% annually and S&P500 will give us more than 10% annually. More shiok in my humble opinion. Using ur OA to buy bank shares and funds will earn more than 4% interest
Old 26-09-2020, 06:23 AM
Samster

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 767 / Power: 6
SBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to beholdSBMEDSUP is a splendid one to behold

Most sinkees lost money in shares.

especially GLC shares lost till cpf dry.
Old 26-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Samster

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 427 / Power: 5
VoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignehneh View Post

(1) You can only transfer up to FRS (maybe I am wrong) and that FRS ceiling usually quite easy to hit
(2) For that additional 1.5%, you lose the flexibility (cannot transfer back to OA). OA can be used for property, investment and education.
(3) Interest could potentially change. I am surprised they didn’t cut cpf interest despite bank interest is almost 0%. Doesn’t really make sense unless they know this is just for show. Majority of the $ will be locked up after one turn 65. Assuming if one hits the ceiling of SA, I think the payout he/ she will get is about $1400 per month.

Assuming if we are allowed to park our savings in any ETF listed in US, an IT ETf gives us returns of 20% annually and S&P500 will give us more than 10% annually. More shiok in my humble opinion. Using ur OA to buy bank shares and funds will earn more than 4% interest
Ah, my friend, this is where you need to go into the exact science for such an mportant decision concerning our livelihoods. Taking FRS, a 1.5% difference in compound interest rate means $100,000 over a 20 years period. It is not a small meagre amount.

(3) The 2.5% interest on OA is the minimum interest rate guaranteed by law. Meaning the G has to move a motion in parliament and pass it if it wants to lower it. The lock up is only till 55. One can withdraw any amount exceeding BRS when he pledges his property.

As one gets older, the risk appetite lowers. This govt has a triple A international credit ratings by Moodys and S&P. Her reserves is larger than Germany. It is hard to find a safer instrument that pays out 4% guaranteed interest.

Stocks is risky. We have all lost money in it before. It is something we have no knowledge and control over. While you are happily plonking money into a company, whats to say the CEO is not on the ledge of a building ready to jump down bec he made a few poor decisions. Oil trading star Hin Leong is a fine example. Beautiful on the outside even to their bankers, a mess inside. I have worked for listed companies before. I know how they cook the books to report to MAS.

Investing retirement funds into stocks is like the American retirement system - the 401k. Economy up, their retirement funds are on track. Economy down, too bad for you. Their lives are always on tenterhooks. Think they envy our 4% guaranteed interest rate
Old 26-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Samster

VoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find betterVoicesWithin is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Off topic. I too did consider putting money into my children SA account. As my kids got older, I realize the wisdom is to NOT spoil them. Take away the safety net and let them find their own. It will make them better people.
Old 26-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidarity View Post
Find out all of you damn loaded.
No, we just live a bit longer .... and get screwed longer by our G with this thing called CPF
Old 26-09-2020, 10:16 AM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 297 / Power: 19
koites is one of the Best!koites is one of the Best!koites is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy2008 View Post
Interesting topic. I have 5 rules when it comes to planning my retirement.

1. Don't depend on the government. No government regardless Singapore or where in the world, will plan my retirement for me. If they do, they are just passing the shit to my kids.

2. Choose 3 locations to retire. Depending on how much I achieve, then I plan where to retire. So now I plan one nice place, two third world countries aka Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Any countries that is ang moh managed to me is a third world country including USA or Europe. Anytime can go bankrupt one. Not safe. Just as bad as Malaysia.

3. Must make sure I have health and death insurance fully paid for and internationally transferrable. This one hard but can be done.

4. Buy a house in each of the 3 locations and ideally a passive income. In Singapore, my passive income will become my CPF la. In Australia and Malaysia, after selling my HDB can buy 2 to 3 properties la to live on rental la. Not prime area hor. More like the student centric locations.

5. Make sure I finished and tired of womanising. Too expensive a hobby. hahaha.

Can you share more about the international insurance?
Old 26-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Samster

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1987 / Power: 19
havana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant future

Quote:
Off topic. I too did consider putting money into my children SA account. As my kids got older, I realize the wisdom is to NOT spoil them. Take away the safety net and let them find their own. It will make them better people.
Side track a bit... Maybe U want to consider topping up their MA instead?
但是我的问题是...我没钱
Old 26-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Samster

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1987 / Power: 19
havana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant future

Quote:
(3) The 2.5% interest on OA is the minimum interest rate guaranteed by law. Meaning the G has to move a motion in parliament and pass it if it wants to lower it. The lock up is only till 55. One can withdraw any amount exceeding BRS when he pledges his property.
Just wondering will my money be stuck if I pump in some cash into SA a few years(3yrs?) before turning 55 to earn that 4% interest
但是我的问题是...我没钱
Old 26-09-2020, 10:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 9784 / Power: 21
lipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond repute

You need to know the distribution of topping up CPF. Not all goes to SA. You have to check with CPF when your topping up will all goes to Retirement Account. There is some age limitations.

Quote:
Old 26-09-2020, 11:06 AM
Samster

lipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond reputelipe has a reputation beyond repute

Taken off from a Financial Consultant's website:

You can then decide whether using CPF to invest will give you any benefits.

Why the Financial Industry Encourages You to Invest Your CPF Money
If you are familiar with the world of CPF, then you must have encountered many incentives offered by the Financial Industry to get you to invest your CPF money. This begs the question, “why?”

We have always known that our CPF savings are only accessible to us; and that its interests, profits, and returns are guaranteed by the Singapore Government. This means no other financial entity or individual makes money from your decision.

The reason the financial industry does this is because they make money when you decide to invest your CPF money. This results into a tumbleweed effect once you agree to do so. It goes like this:

Brokerage firms will generate revenue from the buying and selling of stocks that you made.
Insurance companies will earn profits from ILPs or investment-linked insurance products or endowment plans that you buy.
The agents from these insurance companies get their commission from selling you these plans.
Fund managers will then earn management fees when you buy into their unit trusts.
With everything explained above, it is therefore not difficult to understand why the financial industry is so eager to have you invest your CPF money. They will do literally anything to entice you to invest with them.

Since the funds in CPF rarely gets used unless for specific purposes like retirement, most Singaporeans find investing their money as an easy option.

For them, it feels like investing money is not much compared to the cold hard cash in their bank accounts.

But the thing is, the CPF actually earns a higher return than the money they have in their banks. That is why it is important to take care of their CPF funds.

You should make sure that the decisions you made are both wise and logical. After all, your retirement fund is on the line.
UNQUOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignehneh View Post

Old 26-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Samster

Depends on your age group.

Previously, CPF allow only once SA withdrawal per year.

Now you can do more than one withdrawal per year.

Next refer to the other part where, when you deposit money in CPF to earn more money, the picture show the allocation of money to the three CPF accounts. As you have said "below 55 years", then the CPF will get distributed into three accounts.

If you are in the age group where the money need not go into Medisave (you have meet the minimum amount) and Retriement Account (meet minimum amount), it all goes to Ordinary Account. Then use this as a "bank".

Deposit money into Ordinary Account. You earn compounded interest.

You can withdraw multiple times per year.

If not sure, just go to CPF and talk to them. They can even work out theoretical interest you earn, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Just wondering will my money be stuck if I pump in some cash into SA a few years(3yrs?) before turning 55 to earn that 4% interest
Old 26-09-2020, 11:22 AM
Samster

You are right.

If you can reach CPF Enhanced Retirement Account then you can expect about $2,000 per month.

CPF Interest Rates
Almost everyone would agree that CPF pays a really reasonable interest rate. These are as follows:

Ordinary Account (OA) – up to 3.5% per year, minimum 2.5%
Special Account (SA) – up to 5% per year, minimum 4%
Medisave Account (MA) – up to 5% per year, minimum 4%
Retirement Account (RA) – up to 5% per year, minimum 4%
These interest rates include an extra 1% interest paid on the first $60,000 of a member’s combined balances (with up to $20,000 from the OA).

That means if your Ordinary Account has $20,000, and the other accounts have a combined $40,000 total, you earn an additional 1% interest rate.

Ordinary Account (OA) – 3.5%
Special Account (SA) – 5%
Medisave Account (MA) – 5%
Retirement Account (RA) – 6% (for those aged 55 and above)

Quote:
Ah, my friend, this is where you need to go into the exact science for such an mportant decision concerning our livelihoods. Taking FRS, a 1.5% difference in compound interest rate means $100,000 over a 20 years period. It is not a small meagre amount.

As one gets older, the risk appetite lowers. This govt has a triple A international credit ratings by Moodys and S&P. Her reserves is larger than Germany. It is hard to find a safer instrument that pays out 4% guaranteed interest.

Stocks is risky. We have all lost money in it before. It is something we have no knowledge and control over. While you are happily plonking money into a company, whats to say the CEO is not on the ledge of a building ready to jump down bec he made a few poor decisions. Oil trading star Hin Leong is a fine example. Beautiful on the outside even to their bankers, a mess inside. I have worked for listed companies before. I know how they cook the books to report to MAS.

Investing retirement funds into stocks is like the American retirement system - the 401k. Economy up, their retirement funds are on track. Economy down, too bad for you. Their lives are always on tenterhooks. Think they envy our 4% guaranteed interest rate
Old 26-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Samster

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 904 / Power: 10
junmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to beholdjunmin95 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not the correct forum to ask this but what the heck. No money, no honey.

I read many articles where one needs $2m to retire in Sg. To me, such writers are not realistic. They exaggerate; to boast or to sell a financial product.

What is YOUR OWN retirement plan? Come share.

Ps: Realistic please. Don't small boy anyhow talk future.
as long allow me twice a month to afford ML massage $88 + $50 package, i am happy to retire liao.
Old 26-09-2020, 12:29 PM
Samster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Side track a bit... Maybe U want to consider topping up their MA instead?
Shouldn't they be topping up mine?

If we keep the apron strings, they will never grow up
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1