The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
psaman17 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

I was debating between Thailand vs Vietnam for my trip. I decided on Thailand largely because of the food. So much recommendation in this thread. THANKS!!!
Old 06-03-2024, 09:00 AM
Samster

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 356 / Power: 6
Mewtwo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMewtwo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMewtwo is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMewtwo is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman17 View Post
I was debating between Thailand vs Vietnam for my trip. I decided on Thailand largely because of the food. So much recommendation in this thread. THANKS!!!
What?? Vietnam food is as delicious as Thailand. What ya talking bout?
Old 07-03-2024, 04:56 PM
Samster

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
psaman17 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
What?? Vietnam food is as delicious as Thailand. What ya talking bout?
I love viet food too. But feels like there is more of a vibrant food scene in Bangkok compared to HCM city.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:30 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 3448 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108296 / Power: 162
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute

MUNG KORN KHAO NOODLE

Address; 395 Yaowarat Rd, Khwaeng Samphanthawong, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
Operating Hour: 6.15am to 11.45pm daily, close on Monday.
Phone: +66 97 236 1368

Yaowarat (Chinatown) is full of good food and usually I don’t come here for Ba Mee. But for this post, I tried it and found it to be pretty decent too. The wanton here is very filling as compared to others and as again, the overall dish is well balanced.

If you ask, how do we know where to eat in Bangkok? Honestly, most of the time we are as clueless. Of course I do my own research, and I get recommendations. But whenever we eat in an eatery, we get recommendations from the stall owners themselves what else is good to eat in the area. That’s how we eat in Thailand. After having a delicious bowl of bird’s nest in Yaowarat, the stall owner recommended us to eat wanton mee at the junction of Yaowarat Road and Yaowa Phanit. She says,”Nothing beats this stall’s wanton mee, but very little, I need to eat at least 3 bowls.”

She is so right. This bowl of wanton mee is only about one huge tablespoon, with little crab meat, we finished like 3 bowls of it? Never mind about the portion, at least they are very friendly owners unlike SabX2 which is totally not worth the hype and too expensive (read my complaint about SabX2 here).

At Mung Korn Khao Noodle, it is her HK style thin egg noodles that won the hearts of many. She tosses the noodles in hot boiling water, put it in ice water and returns for final toss in the hot water. What you get is reall QQ baa mee. And that lonely wanton, mixture of prawns and minced pork, juicy juicy lah! It’s quite easy to find that stall because they are the one with a huge crowd and long queue.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily
Old 16-03-2024, 04:27 PM
Veteran Samster

Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute

Bamee Slow (The more official name is Bamee Giew Moo Song Krueang).

Food: Egg noodles and wontons in differnet variations, plus barbequed (red) pork
Price: A bowl of noodles here comes for 60 Baht.
Open: Daily around 8 p.m – 3 a.m
Address: Corner of Ekkamai soi 19

How to get there: The easiest way is to take the BTS to Ekkamai and then take a motorbike taxi from there if the traffic inside Soi 63 is to bussy. If traffic is ok, yo take a meter taxi. You can also cross over from the Thong Lor area if you are there, and again that will be by taxi or motorbike taxi

Bamee Slow on the corner of Ekkamai Soi 19 has some of the best Chinese style egg noodles in town. Getting there more than an hour after the opening means you most likely are in for some cueing. But don’t worry, the food is absolutely worth the ten to fifteen minutes in line. They doesn’t open before 8 to 8.30 pm, but the good news is that they stay open long into the night.

Noodles can be a rather dull experience, or it can be just amazing and an eye-opener to tastes and textures as you will experience at Bamee Slow. The shop actually opened up in the frame of a small street cart many years ago. But due to it’s popularity, which points to it’s quality, they did well enough to be able to open a shop house resto. Not bad if you ask me, and also a classic story behind some of the best shop house vendors in town. If you’re in for some variations and testing, or need another reason to travel deep into Soi 19, be aware that Wattana Panich serves delicious beef noodles and goat stew just 100 meters away – on the other side of Ekkamai road, just above the entrance to Soi 18. A combination of the two spots is a good way of spending an hour.

But back to Bamee Slow, where Ba Mee means egg noodles, and Slow is pointing to the wait for your food due to it’s popularity. In other words, Slow has to be understood positively.

The menu has a few variations to choose from, including the choice between the soup version and the dry version. Other options are noodles or (pork) wontons, the double noodle portion, the double noodle with wonton, with or without an egg, with a double egg, and they have barbecued pork. Personally I go for the noodle with wonton and an egg version, topped with minced pork. Sometimes I order a second bowl.

I prefer to do it this way, instead of doubling up in one portion, to avoid the noodles and wontons to become soggy in the hot broth, especially if you go there with some company and enjoy the conversation, as I normally do.

No noodle dish can get away with a mediocre broth. It’s like pizza can’t get away with excellent toppings if the crust and the sauce isn’t well made. The broth at Bamee Slow has good depth and is rich in flavor. The noodles are freshly made, cooked to perfection, tender and with a slight resistance (al-dente). The wontons with pork are tasty and juicy, with the wrappers made very thin, just as they should be. The minced pork and the red pork pieces are good toppings and adds to the texture. And the egg is perfectly cooked, with a slightly floating egg yolk. And it’s like that every time you go here. I can’t highlight it enough; order the egg. It really adds to the taste and the finishing touch, completing the dish. Quality hopefully never gets out of style, even when it comes to simple Chinese-style egg noodles and wontons. It’s addictive and heavenly good stuff.

Most residents in the area knows about the Bamme Slow, and that’s also how I learned about it, by the word of mouth. And that’s how others learn about it as well.

They have tables inside, but most people sit outside. And most tables inside seem to be used for storing anyway. As always when sitting street side there is some traffic. That has never been a problem for me. Be aware that the location is rather deep into Soi 63 (Ekkamai), but it’s really worth a visit. And they are open late. If you’re in for some food on the way back from Thong Lo later in the evening, there is no burger or kebab or any other fast food in traveling distance that will beat the Chinese style egg noodles as Bamee Slow.

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Old 18-03-2024, 12:01 PM
Samster

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 114 / Power: 4
TMNT99 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTMNT99 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Search for "Lung Cheay Egg Noodles" on goggle map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka_Timo View Post
Bamee Slow (The more official name is Bamee Giew Moo Song Krueang).

Food: Egg noodles and wontons in differnet variations, plus barbequed (red) pork
Price: A bowl of noodles here comes for 60 Baht.
Open: Daily around 8 p.m – 3 a.m
Address: Corner of Ekkamai soi 19

How to get there: The easiest way is to take the BTS to Ekkamai and then take a motorbike taxi from there if the traffic inside Soi 63 is to bussy. If traffic is ok, yo take a meter taxi. You can also cross over from the Thong Lor area if you are there, and again that will be by taxi or motorbike taxi

Bamee Slow on the corner of Ekkamai Soi 19 has some of the best Chinese style egg noodles in town. Getting there more than an hour after the opening means you most likely are in for some cueing. But don’t worry, the food is absolutely worth the ten to fifteen minutes in line. They doesn’t open before 8 to 8.30 pm, but the good news is that they stay open long into the night.

Noodles can be a rather dull experience, or it can be just amazing and an eye-opener to tastes and textures as you will experience at Bamee Slow. The shop actually opened up in the frame of a small street cart many years ago. But due to it’s popularity, which points to it’s quality, they did well enough to be able to open a shop house resto. Not bad if you ask me, and also a classic story behind some of the best shop house vendors in town. If you’re in for some variations and testing, or need another reason to travel deep into Soi 19, be aware that Wattana Panich serves delicious beef noodles and goat stew just 100 meters away – on the other side of Ekkamai road, just above the entrance to Soi 18. A combination of the two spots is a good way of spending an hour.

But back to Bamee Slow, where Ba Mee means egg noodles, and Slow is pointing to the wait for your food due to it’s popularity. In other words, Slow has to be understood positively.

The menu has a few variations to choose from, including the choice between the soup version and the dry version. Other options are noodles or (pork) wontons, the double noodle portion, the double noodle with wonton, with or without an egg, with a double egg, and they have barbecued pork. Personally I go for the noodle with wonton and an egg version, topped with minced pork. Sometimes I order a second bowl.

I prefer to do it this way, instead of doubling up in one portion, to avoid the noodles and wontons to become soggy in the hot broth, especially if you go there with some company and enjoy the conversation, as I normally do.

No noodle dish can get away with a mediocre broth. It’s like pizza can’t get away with excellent toppings if the crust and the sauce isn’t well made. The broth at Bamee Slow has good depth and is rich in flavor. The noodles are freshly made, cooked to perfection, tender and with a slight resistance (al-dente). The wontons with pork are tasty and juicy, with the wrappers made very thin, just as they should be. The minced pork and the red pork pieces are good toppings and adds to the texture. And the egg is perfectly cooked, with a slightly floating egg yolk. And it’s like that every time you go here. I can’t highlight it enough; order the egg. It really adds to the taste and the finishing touch, completing the dish. Quality hopefully never gets out of style, even when it comes to simple Chinese-style egg noodles and wontons. It’s addictive and heavenly good stuff.

Most residents in the area knows about the Bamme Slow, and that’s also how I learned about it, by the word of mouth. And that’s how others learn about it as well.

They have tables inside, but most people sit outside. And most tables inside seem to be used for storing anyway. As always when sitting street side there is some traffic. That has never been a problem for me. Be aware that the location is rather deep into Soi 63 (Ekkamai), but it’s really worth a visit. And they are open late. If you’re in for some food on the way back from Thong Lo later in the evening, there is no burger or kebab or any other fast food in traveling distance that will beat the Chinese style egg noodles as Bamee Slow.
Old 24-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Veteran Samster

Tuang Dim Sum
Address: 2029/9 Charoen Krung Rd, Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120
Business Hours: Everyday 8.00AM - 3PM Daily
Phone: +66 89 603 0908

This discreet dim sum eatery looks nothing different from the other shophouse restaurants on Chanroenkrung. But once you see its walls pasted with food certificates and awards, you’ll know this is not your typical dimsum peddler. Praised as one of the best—and most affordable —dim sum restaurants in Bangkok, Tuang is run by Hong Kong-born chef Yip, who was behind the success of Shangri-La Bangkok’s Shang Palace restaurant.

The perk of going to Charoenkrung street is that there are so many hidden gems of street food along the whole street. This particular street connects China town through a few parts of the city, displaying the the old town Chinese vibe in Bangkok remarkably. The busy street has its flaw. There is no parking area provided! Luckily, I went there on the weekend and street parking was not as challenging.

Tuang - by Chef Yip, has set its standard as one of the best affordable dim sum in Bangkok. The casual setting is the place where you see people coming in and out, lining up ordering food home throughout the day. Famous for its Lava Bun that has so many variety for such a tiny restaurant. On the inside, the wall is filled with certificates and awards of the restaurant itself and the infamous Chef Yip Yun Keong, a Hong Kong-born, the person behind the success of Chinese restaurant in the 5-Star, Shangri La hotel.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1